Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Unbelievable how we cannot manage 5 passes in a row. Dross defending too. You think the lads would be fired up playing a utd team on the down. Looks like they took it for granted. Sick of this crap home form. Worse n worse for the past 5 years

They are just stupid. Rabbits in headlights, they look gormless on that pitch, I think it is like 50 first dates, they forget they are footballers and PL has to show them a video after each match. Dumb as ****.

Good start, half chances, nervous Benteke ruined a good attacking option by refusing to shoot and taking a heavy first touch. Nativity at the back exposed by a lack of coverage for Luna. Goals change matches and it was certainly against the run of play. Gifted United the chance and they have the quality to control the game. But we are playing with an out of form Lowton and our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs.

Midfield is devoid of Delph's presence. Albrighton and Gabby have shown flashes of good play.

Apart from that we've been complete dogshit. You missed that bit

Don't know if that was intentional or not, but it certainly explains a lot.

• Like 1

Just putting together some of Lambert's post-match interview now - 

I thought the lads were excellent, some of the football we played was terrific.  We gave it a really good go. I can't fault the effort of the players. Nathan got caught a wee bit and on another day we go in at half time nil-nil. But we have to pick ourselves up for the next game, we have a few right wee tough games over Christmas so it's important we don't get too down (*scratch ear*) ... 

• Like 2

Luna and Baker half arsed getting out to the player crossing for both goals. Lazy effort and it's cost us.

Baker was playing well until he made the pass where it looked like he has tweaked his hamstring. He can't run and if we had a defender on the bench he would be off.

Good start, half chances, nervous Benteke ruined a good attacking option by refusing to shoot and taking a heavy first touch. Nativity at the back exposed by a lack of coverage for Luna. Goals change matches and it was certainly against the run of play. Gifted United the chance and they have the quality to control the game. But we are playing with an out of form Lowton and our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs.

Midfield is devoid of Delph's presence. Albrighton and Gabby have shown flashes of good play.

I think this is a fair summary, we weren't as bad as people are toy throwing about. Goals were sh*t goals to concede, but we looked looked the better team beforehand. 

You think the lads would be fired up playing a utd team on the down

Did you even watch the first 15 minutes? They were fired up, but then we switched off and conceded a goal.

What a pity the game doesn't last for just the first few minutes of the match. We would be world beaters!

Apart from that we've been complete dogshit. You missed that bit

Don't know if that was intentional or not, but it certainly explains a lot.

Quick! Sack the Manger.

• Like 1

Typical overreactions. People were calling for Lambert's head at half-time against WBA and look how that turned out. LOL.

Simply, we need better players. We need to buy some ready made quality, these players will be good but it is far too much to expect perfection. We have no quality and maturity to help them improve.

Typical overreactions. People were calling for Lambert's head at half-time against WBA and look how that turned out. LOL.

Yea, the only point Albion have mustered in their last 5 games leading eventually to their manager getting the sack. We really are wonderful.

Simply, we need better players. We need to buy some ready made quality, these players will be good but it is far too much to expect perfection. We have no quality and maturity to help them improve.

Yes. Our better players are unfortunately injured or suspended right now.

Is Jordan Bowery on the bench?

bowery_zpsb633ae25.gif

Only animated GIF I've created, sheer class if I may say so myself.

Seriously?  Superb work mate.  Sent it round the office, and sent it to Soccer AM.  Should've watermarked it with your name on like I did with my image when Blues were relegated.

Thank you mate, if you weren't taking the piss of course.

Honestly sat there pissing myself when I saw it on AVTV, was so unexpected the way he just appeared from behind Clark.

Lucky to be 0-2 down. Do our defensemen talk to each other at all? In the first goal, we had three guys in the box, they had two. Clark had Welbeck, Baker and Lowton were standing by themselves. Januzaj was all alone.

He made his run from midfield, where was the midfielder covering is run? KEA is standing just outside the box and allows him a free run.
True that too. Still think it was Lowton's job to take care of Januzaj.

On the second goal Westwood should've tried just a little harder, and he could've cut that cross.

Edited by AVTuco

Lucky to be 0-2 down. Do our defensemen talk to each other at all? In the first goal, we had three guys in the box, they had two. Clark had Welbeck, Baker and Lowton were standing by themselves. Januzaj was all alone.

He made his run from midfield, where was the midfielder covering is run? KEA is standing just outside the box and allows him a free run.
I'd say kea should track him,after he doesn't then albrighton should see the danger and pick him up, the after that doesn't happen baker/lowton probably lowton should pick him up in the box.

I make that 4 mistakes,

the second goal is all baker for me, looked injured the speed he tracked back.

less to do with talking and more to do with using their eyes and identifying the danger

Just been on the BBC because I'm not watching or following it..

Then I see Danny F**king Welbeck score, with his stupid smug face and I think, Wow, we let someone as shit Danny Welbeck score against us, then I scroll down to see who the 2nd scorer is and low and behold, it's the f**king same sh*t striker, y'know, the one who cannot hit the broadside of a barn 99% of the time.  The one guy who for some unfathomable reason has an England cap, the guy who makes Emile Heskey look incredible.

F**k off Villa, I hate you.

:angry:

Letting that d*ck score twice is wholly embarrassing.