Jurgen Locadio

Villan4Life

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-eye-jurgen-locadio-2869771

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is chasing PSV Eindhoven striker Jurgen Locadia – as he searches for Christian Benteke’s ­replacement, writes Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

Lambert made a hush-hush trip to Holland to see the big and bustling 20-year-old hitman in action for the Dutch giants last weekend.

The Villans' chief is on red alert in case he gets a huge offer for Benteke next month, with Manchester United and Chelsea circling the Belgian battering-ram.

Locadia – a strapping 6ft 3in tall – is a similar type of player and Lambert is ­weighing up whether to make a ­£4million offer for him if Benteke attracts a bid in the ­transfer window.

Villa spies have been ­checking on Holland Under-21 cap Locadia for some time, but a ­personal trip from Lambert confirms their interest is heating up.

The Scot has raided Europe ­several times as Villa seek value for money.

And if they make a ­fortune on Benteke they could have found the next bargain.

If we can afford to bring him in as well as an attacking midfielder, then yes please. Scout report:

Locadia, whose family hail from Curacao, was born in Emmen and began playing football at an early age - joining his first club VV Bargeres at the age of five.

He was spotted by local side FC Emmen and progressed through their ranks, enjoying a call-up to the Dutch Under-15 side. From there he was scouted by Willem II - who agreed a deal which saw him and his whole family move to Tilburg.

After just 12 months with Willem II, the big boys came calling and PSV Eindhoven snapped him up at the age of 16. His progress continued, and just before his 18th birthday he was handed his debut off the bench in a cup game with VVSB and he scored in their 8-0 triumph. He made his first start for the club in the following round.

When he did turn 18, he was handed his first professional contract and by the start of this season he was promoted to the first-team squad by Dick Advocaat.

On September 30th, just over 12 months after his debut for the club, he made his first league appearance, coming on as a substitute against VVV Venlo with just 22 minutes left. But that was still enough time for him to claim a hat-trick, the first time such a feat had been achieved on debut in Holland since Harald Berg did it for Den Haag in 1969.

A week after his hat-trick debut, PSV tied him down to a new five-year deal. Locadia's involvement has continued, although mainly from the bench. In February he started the Dutch Cup semi-final with Zwolle, and remarkably he claimed the match ball with another treble.

Unsurprisingly, Locadia is now attracting a great deal of attention and it is easy to see why. The 6ft 3in striker looks to have everything in his locker to take him to the top of the game.

Similar in stature to somebody like Patrick Kluivert - it would be very easy to make comparisons between Locadia and the Dutch striking legend.

Perhaps slightly quicker than Kluivert, it is clear Locadia's main attribute is his eye for goal - he is happiest in the box. But he is anything but a goal poacher. Two good feet, he is capable of holding the ball up and he is also a real danger when playing off the last defender. All in all he is a top, top prospect.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I think that might be the case as well Con.

Hopefully Lambert sees (if this is the case) that Benteke is being an utter c*** and hasn't just turned into Harewood, and so still gets a good deal for him.

If that was true,which is a ridiculous suggestion by the way,then I would expect CB to be playing to his full potential.Anyhow,that is off topic,seems this player is highly rated,so if there is any truth to this,i hope we buy him and I also hope we can get the number 10 we desperately need as well...

He'd be a fantastic replacement, rough diamond, like Benteke last year. And very similar too, quite strong, good finish and bit of pace. Also hopefully has better attitude than Benteke.

To be fair, I would not mind if we sell Benteke and get - Locadia, CAM and a cover LB. Hopefully we'll have some cash spare for the summer as well...

Btw, it's Jürgen Locadia

Edited by Alakagom

He'd be a fantastic replacement, rough diamond, like Benteke last year. And very similar too, quite strong, good finish and bit of pace. Also hopefully has better attitude than Benteke.

To be fair, I would not mind if we sell Benteke and get - Locadia, CAM and a cover LB. Hopefully we'll have some cash spare for the summer as well...

Btw, it's Jürgen Locadia

With the money we should get for Benteke I'd expect a lot more than that.

Btw, it's Jürgen Locadia

With the money we should get for Benteke I'd expect a lot more than that.

Yeah, same. But I don't think will be doing much more business in January if we sold Benteke than 3 players. So hopefully the rest will be 'safed up' till the summer hopefully.

Edited by Alakagom

Well Risso, Helenius is more of CF. Or at least Lambert wants him to play such role.

Locadia will only come if Benteke goes, hence acts as his replacement. Without Benteke we only have one true ST in Kozak. So Locadia move is definitely plausible in those circumstances, especially as his raw skills are so similar to Benteke and we could get another smashing talent on our hands.

Edited by Alakagom

Btw, it's Jürgen Locadia

apologies, i copied the link where the Mirror had spelt it wrong on link and assumed at first that was his name and realised few mins later that it's Locadia not Locadio. There isn't any option to amend the title. Sorry folks!!

I think that might be the case as well Con.

Hopefully Lambert sees (if this is the case) that Benteke is being an utter c*** and hasn't just turned into Harewood, and so still gets a good deal for him.

maybe you should change that Benteke photo you have ;)

I thought Kozak was our Benteke replacement? I also can't see us selling him in January before a world cup, and nor can I see anyone wanting to buy him for the price we'll want for him given his performances so far this season.

We laugh at Spurs for all the money they spent on Soldado but what Benteke has done this season doesn't really suggest he'd have been better value. Hopefully the beast will wake from his slumber at some point though.

Â