Jurgen Locadio

Villan4Life

Lambert loves his 6ft + bulldozer forwards doesn't he? His Norwich squad were full of them aswell. Fair enough it's worked with Benteke but is it out of the question to bring in a striker who can drop off the forward line, link up with midfield and thread a throughball through, a Robbie Keane type. Maybe then we might not need a number 10 so badly.

True but that doesn't mean we need a squad full of them...the best striking quartets all often something different like Man. City have with Negredo, Dzeko, Kun and Jovetic even if he hasn't played much. Back in the day it was Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer. Even what we had a few years ago...Carew, Luke Moore, Gabby and Maloney.

ATM the only striker we have who can drop deeper and pick up good positions in the field is Weimann but his touching is usually woeful

• Like 1

Locadia is certainly a beast... pretty fast, strong and can finish.... While your at it lambo... Bring Depay, Rekik and Willems back with you please!!

I wouldn't say he is a particularly good finisher at the moment but he improve on that aspect no doubt.

Edited by Isa

If this is true, why on earth did we buy Helenius and Kozak?

I think we'll be in serious trouble if either of those two are Benteke's replacement.

Well, Helenius certainly is not, he himself said he was not bought for that position.

Kozak may have been bought for the role he has fulfilled, as back up for Benteke.

Locadia is certainly a beast... pretty fast, strong and can finish.... While your at it lambo... Bring Depay, Rekik and Willems back with you please!!

I wouldn't say he is a particularly good finisher at the moment but he improve on that aspect no doubt.

Indeed but they all said that about Benteke year before last... Shame he's been off it recently mind.

On topic of Locadia his finishing will come better through playing games... Just think that PSV will hold for a massive fee..

True but that doesn't mean we need a squad full of them...the best striking quartets all often something different like Man. City have with Negredo, Dzeko, Kun and Jovetic even if he hasn't played much. Back in the day it was Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer. Even what we had a few years ago...Carew, Luke Moore, Gabby and Maloney.

ATM the only striker we have who can drop deeper and pick up good positions in the field is Weimann but his touching is usually woeful

Yes well this comes back to whether has an actual Plan B when it comes to the system.

Indeed but they all said that about Benteke year before last... Shame he's been off it recently mind.

On topic of Locadia his finishing will come better through playing games... Just think that PSV will hold for a massive fee..

I don't think they'd be able to demand a massive fee as he is very raw as has been said whereas the likes of Mertens and Strootman were pretty much the finished article.

Also, they have a few other players (Matavz, Jozefzoon etc) who also play in the CF role. So he wouldn't be a major loss for them. In fact, he hasn't established himself as an automatic pick yet.

I thought Kozak was our Benteke replacement? I also can't see us selling him in January before a world cup, and nor can I see anyone wanting to buy him for the price we'll want for him given his performances so far this season.

We laugh at Spurs for all the money they spent on Soldado but what Benteke has done this season doesn't really suggest he'd have been better value. Hopefully the beast will wake from his slumber at some point though.

No, Kozak was our Benteke back-up.

Not sure about this guy.

Just got a red card for diving dangerously.

Also, his goals are in-the-box. Looks like another Bent finisher, rather than a power-forward like Benteke. He

doesn't take on players, doesn't shoot outside the box, relies on being in right place at right time for his goals. 

All in all, no thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd7dTemk2i0

Â