Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

To redress the balance, I'm a big fan of 3-5-2.

I think that having 3 centre backs keeps  enough numbers against when the opposition push numbers quickly forward, so it's quite rare to have defenders have to make decisions about whether to leave a player to go to the ball, or hope someone else gets back. You're just relying on your full backs being very energetic.

We seem to have problems turning our build up from the back into dangerous possession further up. When teams close us down quickly we have to go back to the keeper too much, which results in a punt upfield and a 50/50 aerial challenge. This wasn't as much of a problem when we had Benteke able to challenge for the ball. Now he's getting roughed up without much ref protection that line of play isn't helping.

Having the extra CB means more options when the midfielders are attempting to play it around, pulling the opposition out.

I think it also means you have afford to have only 2 CMs and potentially 3 forwards, if 1 of them drops deep (Gabby).

• Like 2

Keep Lallana quiet and we can do this, he makes them tick.

I'm not so worried about the immobile forwards such as Lambert and Osvaldo, Vlaar and co. will have them for breakfast.

Let's see an away performance like earlier in the season against Arsenal.

Up the Villa!

We do play 4-3-3.

Can see it being unchanged team, maybe Sylla in for KEA is only thing he might consider.

Would like to us offer a bit more in attack, think we have lost some of our counter attacking style, needs more pace and support. Said in another thread we need to stop playing with 3 CMs so I like this.

----------------Guzan--------------

Lowton----Vlaar---Clark---Luna

----------Delph-----Westy--------

Bacuna------Tonev-------Gabby

---------------Benteke-------------

Bacuna and Gabby both work hard down the flanks, which will give us two solid banks of 4 and allow Tonev some leeway with his defensive duty.

Edit: Only just noticed it pretty much the same as the one above. I count this as two votes then and we should use this system.

Edited by AndyM3000

We do play 4-3-3.

Can see it being unchanged team, maybe Sylla in for KEA is only thing he might consider.

Would like to us offer a bit more in attack, think we have lost some of our counter attacking style, needs more pace and support. Said in another thread we need to stop playing with 3 CMs so I like this.

----------------Guzan--------------

Lowton----Vlaar---Clark---Luna

----------Delph-----Westy--------

Bacuna------Tonev-------Gabby

---------------Benteke-------------

Bacuna and Gabby both work hard down the flanks, which will give us two solid banks of 4 and allow Tonev some leeway with his defensive duty.

I Ike that team but we need our front 3 really running at and behind to stretch game