Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

I can see Lambert walking at the end of the season, and if as a club we can't even find the pennies to buy a Norwich bench warmer I don't think I could really blame him.

I can see Lambert walking at the end of the season, and if as a club we can't even find the pennies to buy a Norwich bench warmer I don't think I could really blame him.

Its something HH hinted about to me and although I'm not a big fan of Lambert you couldn't blame him.

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

You said you were only bothered about the club being run properly, thats why you wanted Lerner out and nothing to do with just wanting someone to spend a shit loads on players?

Ehhhhh....we have the money. Norwich are refusing to deal with us.

This is short sighted, patronising and derogatory, all at the same time

Ybeyz00.gif

• Like 4

Because by all accounts our offer was derisory.

You said you were only bothered about the club being run properly, thats why you wanted Lerner out and nothing to do with just wanting someone to spend a shit loads on players?

The club being run properly means having us competitive, not ensuring a billionaire is OK. We're a professional sports club. No one wants Lerner to bankrupt himself and no one wants the club to get itself in a financial mess. But for the past 18 months we've backed the manager with a pretty poor amount.

You just can't get your head around the idea that there's something in between surviving on the cheap and spunking endless amounts of cash.

I don't know why? I imagine its because if you acknowledges that you couldn't moan at other fans.

I'm guessing Gentleman and Richard are feeling very sheepish

Don’t be silly, its not like they said something was going to happen numerous times!

Never ITK, if you were you would know better to say things would be happening, grown men as well.

Who's the bigger fool?

The person who posted possible ITK or the people who hung all their hopes on a person posting ITK on a forum?

For me it's the latter all day everyday, I don't believe the two people in question to have posted for effect and the fact is that they may still well be proved correct anywat which would make you look pretty stupid.

It's okay for people to put up links and posts from ridiculous twatter accounts and even more ridiculous websites but it's apparently a crime for a regular poster to post that he's heard signings are incoming.

Sums this forum up for me over the past 18 months

• Like 1

Do we? Then why haven't/hadn't we moved on to another target instead of the bargain basement Hoolahan? Seems pretty obvious to me that there is very little money available.

This is short sighted, patronising and derogatory, all at the same time

Ybeyz00.gif

Yet not wrong.

Might be for the best seeing as his 43m spend hasn't improved us to any great level

How many players has that 43m bought?

Unsurprisingly short-sighted. I'm surprised the hilarious witty and mature 'Lamberk' line hasn't come out again.

Edited by StefanAVFC

If that is all football was about then 99.9% of fans (especially those who follow lower league football) have completely go tthe wrong end of the stick.

If you will only be satisfied by a billionaire spunking hundreds of millions on players and wages, go buy yourself a sky blue top, I hear they're all the rage.

If that is all football was about then 99.9% of fans (especially those who follow lower league football) have completely go tthe wrong end of the stick.

If you will only be satisfied by a billionaire spunking hundreds of millions on players and wages, go buy yourself a sky blue top, I hear they're all the rage.

Wow. You've missed the point big time.

Â