Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

There's nothing concrete about any of this, but Dann as a permant signing worries me - does he represent anything better than Baker/Clark?

His purple patch at Small Heath is ever more looking like the exception rather than the rule.

As a loan it would not be the end of the world, as it is obviously cover and potentially to give the rest of them a kick up the arse - and if he rediscovers some form, or creates a nice partnership with Vlaar then that would be a nice positive. However, the last thing we need is injury prone defenders who rarely get to play together (no idea if he is injury prone, only recall his one serious injury before he dropped off the face of the earth).

Hope to be proved wrong on him, but also fully expect this to turn out to be **** all by the morning.

It's not Dann, I think the rumours have come because someone's tried to guess the player after hearing we're signing a defensive player from the championship, and I presume Dann would come to mind as Blackburn have been in the spotlight recently. But he's not our man

Not saying I know anything, but Alex Pearce or Rhys Williams from Reading/Middlesbrough would be more realistic targets. Pearce prem quality, cheap wages and Reading looking to shake up there squad this window

Liam Moore from Leicester? Leicester are top and he's been doing well for them I think, plus he's only 20, could be worth a punt.

That's not a bad shout considering the paper talk about him!

Got to be honest, that's why he came to mind! :)

Worth a shot though if we did go for him, good young defender, pacey, decent strength and English so higher sell on value should he get highly rated at Prem level! Ticks all the boxes at the moment..

No PM for me please, I'm on a slow boat to China regarding the signings lets hold it back and see how it all plays out. I'm sorta glad it isn't Dann though I was starting to Worry than Lambert was degenerating into Mcleish. Who was the guy who used to play for Peterborough and was a big VIlla fan? Sean St Ledger?? I reckon Moore as mentioned might more likely though if Lambert can afford him.

Liam Moore from Leicester? Leicester are top and he's been doing well for them I think, plus he's only 20, could be worth a punt.

Worth a shot though if we did go for him, good young defender, pacey, decent strength and English so higher sell on value should he get highly rated at Prem level! Ticks all the boxes at the moment..

So why not just play Donacien?

• Like 1

So why not just play Donacien?

Indeed, I don't understand why we don't use him... But I wouldn't be shocked if Donacien goes out on loan like Grealish....

Â