Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

The removal of Stephen Ireland's wages (and others) will be important to our activity in this window.

We've been saying once all the deadwood is gone we'd spend but we still haven't, so many higher earners have left in recent years but so little spent afterwards.

Stephen Ireland leaving will have no difference this window tbh, whilst he is on loan at stoke, there will be an agreement in place that they pay a % of his wage, if he leaves permanently we are liable to pay up the remainder of his contract

Edited by Jimzk5

in The End we can Tell All The People to Take It As It Comes, but will we get a Wild Child, or another Unknown Soldier ?

Would it offend you if I said that the capital letters tell me these are songs but otherwise I know not a single one of them :)

Of course not. Why would I be offended when you don't recognise the songs of The Doors ?

• Like 1

This whole Lerner episode is becoming more & more like Ellis Mk 2 as each week passes. Now we have Bull***t  "Speculation" circulating and a load of hot air about this player and that player only to then be told we can't afford them. Considering the names we have been linked with i find that laughable... It's the Doug Ellis and Robbie Keane story reapeating itself all over again..He used to do this all the time, Speculate about a player which he knew there was no actual chance of us signing to fob us off whilst the transfer window was open only to then pull the rug on the thing just as it was closing... Result = no player or a poor alternative and the transfer window shut meaning everybody would shut up as they knew nothing could be done now anyway.... Next window opens.. more speculation about some top player etc etc etc etc like groundhog day... nearly 30 years the guy pulled it off for for goodness sake!!

The only time he would get someone in was if the noise from the fanbase got just too loud to ignore anymore or we got relegated or something. .. Used to make my blood boil!

I honestly think Randy has turned to Doug for some guidance after the MON era and McCleishgate... Here we are again linked with a guy who will never be allowed to come here due to bad blood, another guy who we have no intention of paying his level of wages (And it appears Lambert has now said as much) and now it's all gone quiet again... It's HDE all over again i tells ya!

Groundhog day continues in B6

I just hope and pray Richard was correct and we get some kind of "meltdown" as so far as i can see the only chance we have of that at the moment is if it snows!!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

The removal of Stephen Ireland's wages (and others) will be important to our activity in this window.

We've been saying once all the deadwood is gone we'd spend but we still haven't, so many higher earners have left in recent years but so little spent afterwards.

I think history shows we do business when a player leaves.

Reading between the lines of lambert's latest presser it sounds like we've gone for people that are just miles above our budgets (Defour?) he certainly makes it sound like we've enquired but been blown away by fees or whatever else.

I agree. I watched the AVTV interview and it was reminiscent of last January.

I get the feeling Lambert is getting more and more pissed off with our financial situation as the days go by

He's got nobody to blame but himself because he knew the job when he decided to become our manager but he has had his settling in period and now is getting abuse from the fans. his reputation as a manager is being threatened.

He wants better players right now but im pretty sure Lerner isn't going to give them him.

If things don't change this summer I can see him walking

I get the feeling Lambert is getting more and more pissed off with our financial situation as the days go by

He's got nobody to blame but himself because he knew the job when he decided to become our manager but he has had his settling in period and now is getting abuse from the fans. his reputation as a manager is being threatened.

He wants better players right now but im pretty sure Lerner isn't going to give them him.

If things don't change this summer I can see him walking

I can see this too. I do not think "fan abuse" bothers him though.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

in The End we can Tell All The People to Take It As It Comes, but will we get a Wild Child, or another Unknown Soldier ?

Would it offend you if I said that the capital letters tell me these are songs but otherwise I know not a single one of them :)

Of course not. Why would I be offended when you don't recognise the songs of The Doors ?

Ha ha ha :P  Admit it BOF ( I know your man enough) You have been shown the Doors. ;):)

Stephen Ireland leaving will have no difference this window tbh, whilst he is on loan at stoke, there will be an agreement in place that they pay a % of his wage, if he leaves permanently we are liable to pay up the remainder of his contract

Not if he leaves on a free transfer. Stoke want to sign Guidetti on loan buthave their full quota already. So they sign Ireland permanently and loan Guidetti.

Â