Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Richard, any updates on the meltdown situation?

I'm not ITK but I think that the chance of any *meltdown* signing is zero. I'd say it's fairly common for Owners/trusts/companies to realign debt/shares in companys that they own (i.e. Aston Villa) for various reasons. The change in Villa's share's/debt isn't a sign of any change in the clubs approach to transfers IMO. The policy seems to be set in stone, buy cheap players on low wages and hope to god that you can stumble your way to 40 points. I don't see that changing this January. 

I'd rather have Given inbetween the sticks than Steer tbh. Offering him a five year deal at around 50k a week was madness, but he would still offer more than Steer currently does.

A far higher wage to sit around not playing?  Er, yeah... no thanks.

• Like 1

I'd rather have Given inbetween the sticks than Steer tbh. Offering him a five year deal at around 50k a week was madness, but he would still offer more than Steer currently does.

From the displays I've seen Steer produce I would say he would struggle in goal in the Championship, btw Given has been doing a stellar job at Boro in the last few weeks.

From the displays I've seen Steer produce I would say he would struggle in goal in the Championship, btw Given has been doing a stellar job at Boro in the last few weeks.

Which is why we play Brad Guzan.  I'd rather not be doing a Q.P.R. Julio Cesar/Rob Green thing.

• Like 1

Which is why we play Brad Guzan.  I'd rather not be doing a Q.P.R. Julio Cesar/Rob Green thing.

O.k say Guzan gets injured would you be happy relying on Steer in the Premier League?? The QPR situation is madness, somehow Rob Green is keeping Brazil's number one out of the team in WC year.

JSoccerMag say Kiyotake is interested in joining us, but again its down to whether we can meet Nuremberg's demands.

For some strange reason I think this may come off, maybe just wishful thinking but I can't see them being able to ask for £10m or anywhere close. Maybe £6m or £7m tops and they certainly won't get that if they go down.

Just keeping people updated anyway, unless you'd rather discuss The Beatles in which case I'll keep quiet :)

Not at all, the puns are only going on because of the deafening absence of actual news.

I hope we do somehow get Kiyotake, I think he'd make an excellent number 9 number 9 number 9....

• Like 2

I agree with Avflife.

As we are probably paying a large part of his salary anyway, I feel Given should be our back-up and Steer should be out on loan, as he certainly does not look anything near good enough at this stage to take over if Guzan is injured.

I agree with Avflife.

As we are probably paying a large part of his salary anyway, I feel Given should be our back-up and Steer should be out on loan, as he certainly does not look anything near good enough at this stage to take over if Guzan is injured.

Both you and Avflife have mentioned this - surely we could recall Given from loan if Guzan gets injured?

Essentially, he's getting first team football regularly at Middlesbrough whilst they are, presumably, paying a certain % of his wages.  Keeps Given happy by playing, keeps him sharp if we need him again and also (hopefully) some of his wages off our bill.  Win/win/win?

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Just trying to get abit of good old 1+1 = 5 going!

Heard Graham is joining until the end of the season as Wells is leaving.

Might of heard that Huddersfield had their bid accepted & Villa were waiting to see what it was before we firmed up our offer.

As if you are a L1 side, your going to hold out for the most money, if a PL side is bidding 1st, then u are going to want more from them than a Champ side.

Wells has asked to leave also, not requested to leave but asked - which is why Huddersfields offer has been accepted & Graham is on the move to them.....

The news here in the Danish paper Ekstra Bladet ( like the sun), though a little more reliable) is that we want Copenhagens speedy American left back Chip Bargayne.

That's a shame as most people on here seem to prefer the Cameroonian playmaker, Priceé Akweezition

• Like 1

Â