Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Being from Belgium, and Anderlecht fan as well, I really wouldn`t recommend Kouyate. He`s got the talent, but can go awol during games so not what we need right now. Good prospect but not someone to drop in to this team

That's what we have to do to get better players though. Get them for cheaper but possibly before they are ready.

Yes, but at the moment we desperately need a midfielder (or two) who can cope with the pace of the prem and doesn`t need time to fit in

Obviously you'd know better then me but from what I've seen of him, I wouldn't have thought that he would have a problem adapting to this league. Even Sylla didn't really struggle in this regard and he is infinitely worse than Kouyate. I think our midfield is so shockingly dire (and that point can't be stressed enough) that even Kouyate not at his best would still represent an improvement. He wouldn't be any worse at centre-back than Baker or Herd either.

It is just speculation though. How much do you think you guys would sell him for? Because I'd assume he is a bit out of our price-range and will most likely receive offers from better clubs anyway.

If we are looking for a player in that mould, I think Mbodj is more realistic.

Edited by Isa

Slavchev, just another massive gamble with a few million quid of our money. Not what we need.

Guidetti, hasn't played much football for 2 years, very difficult to drop him in up to speed. Not what we need.

The Italian guy, I have no idea.

No, it isn't.

He is a class above all of our midfielders and regularly starts (and a major creative force) for an Everton side that's currently 4th heading into the new year. Why is it not a good shout? Cracking little player imo.

That's why it isn't a good shout, you've just said it yourself. Why would he come to us?

• Like 1

Â