Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Wolfsburg have a good 23 year old defensive midfielder, who can also play comfortably at centre back, in Slobodan Medojevic.

Wolfsburg also have a promising young attacking midfielder in 19 year old Maximilian Arnold.

Leverkusan also have a 24 year old defensive midfielder, who can also play as centre back in Stefan Reinartz.

Arsenal have a young defensive midfielder who they might either loan or sell to us, in 21 year old Emmanuel Frimpong.

Frimpong hasn't been the same since petrov broke him

Frimpong has been coming back from the nasty injury he got playing for Wolves.

Prior to that, he was putting in some decent performances, in what was to be honest, a really diabolically bad team.

If we could get him playing anything like his best to date, remembering his age, I think we could have a player who would do our team a great deal of good.

If we could use Benteke as a lure to get de Bruyne to join us for the last half of the season, I think our midfield would be better equipped for the run in to the seasons end. However de Bruyne himself does favour Wolfsburg, actually I think he would favour any German club over even an Athletico. He just seems at home in the German leaque.

Edited by 1958Villan

Kevin de Bruyne seems like a good idea, think Chelsea would prefer him to adjust to the Premier League rather than sending him abroad again.

They also like to to loan to other clubs from same league that aren't pushing them, as he wouldn't be allowed to play Chelsea but would play against their rival.

Same benefit as they get from having Lukaku at Everton.

Tom Ince. Only half a year left on his contract, he'll be difficult to land, but the trick could be to both provide Blackpool with money while also allowing them to keep the player for the rest of the season.

Could be a very good long term signing for Villa, possibly a new Ashley Young case.

Per Ciljan Skjelbred, attacking midfielder that can play across the midfield.

First of all a creative player, but he also has great work ethics a combination I think Lambert would like and that make him a success in the Premier League.

Hamburg are looking to sell, he's stayed there for some years without holding down a regular spot in their team, having gone through some injury and fitness issues.

Out on loan at Hertha Berlin he has shined, in great form. Closely followed by Newcastle.

Kevin Kampl. Not sure how easy it is to sign players from the Red Bulls franchise,

but the Salzburg midfielder need to move to a far better league than he's currently at.

With his pace and ridiculous skill level he's a handful for anyone.

Skjelbred isn't anywhere near as good as everybody once expected. Tom Ince on the other hand, I think he'd be a good signing but can see him going somewhere else, reckon Blackpool will 100% cash in on him in January though.

We have to bring in some creativity next month, it is vital. There is currently no link between our midfield and our attack, so unless we're on the break and running into space we can rarely create any chances.

Thankfully it seems Lambert knows this (according to HairyHands), just hope it happens as soon as possible in January not the last day.

• Like 1

We have to bring in some creativity next month, it is vital. There is currently no link between our midfield and our attack, so unless we're on the break and running into space we can rarely create any chances.

Thankfully it seems Lambert knows this (according to HairyHands), just hope it happens as soon as possible in January not the last day.

Fully agree. Creative Midfielder in on 1st January 2014 please.

HH has again hinted today that he thinks a creative midfielder will come in, so I'd assume/hope deals are already being set up or at least potential target's agents/clubs are having words with us.

Wishful thinking until we see it actually happen of course, but I think it is vital. If we don't see it happen we at least know from HH that Lambert is adamant about what type of player he wants and it'll be down to the forces above should nothing materialise.

Creative midfielder yes we need but think could do we some defecent wide attackers as Weimann currently is offering very little, Tonev still looks off pace and Albrighton hasn't played well for some time.

Midfield in general still to lightweight Westwood and KEA were bullied all afternoon by Sidwell and Parker.Sylla looked the missing link last season but like a few players is off form currently.

Bringing in a creative midfielder/10 number whatever could mean him playing just off the forward or for some game drop Weimann and have him sort of floating In off wide like a Ben Arfa/Silva type even a Steven Pienaar sort of player who's always been underrated to me.

Personally I'd just be happy having someone in central midfield who actually wants to pass the ball forward rather than sideways.

• Like 1

I agree it won't but it will be a start. It should make us better to watch and maybe even win a home game or two.

I think back to 1999/2000. We were like now plodding along them in mid table and generally unispiring and we signed Carbone on loan, that sparked Merson into life and suddenly we were interesting to watch and got to the infamous cup final.

I think creative midfielder is key as a start.  Our defenders and current midfield dont know what to do with the ball when they have it and that leaves our strikers isolated upfront our midfielders passing backwards and then our defenders hoofing it forward which leads to little possession by us and the other team attacking us again.  I think the creative midfielder can at least connect the team to the strikers and a) hopefully create some chances and B) will relieve the pressure on our brittle defence.  I still think number two player to get in would be a central defender as shown today when Vlaar is out we are all over the place.  You have to have two great central defenders in your team, we have Vlaar and then some youngsters

I don't know about anybody else but i thought to be a professional footballer you should at least be able to do the basics of football, like be able to tackle, pass the ball to a teammate, keep possesion for your team, have a decent amount of positional awareness on the pitch etc..... I  struggle to understand how we cannot find these players even with our small budget, because smaller clubs than us find players to replace the ones they've had to sell because they want to move on to further their careers. Who & where are our scouts if we have any at all???

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â