Home form / player form

Dodgyknees

Relegation form at home, it's not good enough. Something has to change but we have too many players off form.

On form - Guzan, Delph, Bacuna, Clark, KEA to an extent.

Everybody else hit and miss.

What I worry about is the pressure getting to players now - and how they might not play so freely away from home due to the pressure - if our away form also dries up, what happens next?

So frustrating.

• Like 1

Mcleish was lucky enough to have a bugger squad at his disposal to be fair.

We've had to cut back and those players who have come in are not yet first team ready. I believe they will be, but once again we will be playing catch up. 

How much of it is form and how much is lack of quality?

Personally I think our team with 3/4 exceptions are pretty cack!

What do you expect with a net spend of 10m?

I believe we have the right manager, but he deserves to get the players he needs...

We're very, very inconsistent in our performances in pretty much every area of the pitch. I don't think we'll be right down at the bottom again but these next few games will really give us an indication on how we compare to the teams that will no doubt finish around us.

Our next two home games are against Cardiff and Sunderland, two teams that in my opinion we have to beat. I expected pretty much guaranteed losses against Tottenham and Man City but we managed to get three points from those two games, I also wasn't positive that we'd be able to beat Everton as they're better than us at the minute.

Bacuna and Delph have been really good for us so far and Vlaar has definitely improved on last season. Hopefully when Benteke is back up to 100% fitness we'll start firing again.

As I said previously, the next two home games are two that we must win.

Edited by samjp26

Home form is abysmal, has been for a ages now. There was renewed optimism at the start of the season as there always is, but its been pretty unconvincing again especially at home. We have had hard games to play, dont get me wrong but from Liverpool, Newcastle, Man City, Spurs and Everton we've yielded 3 points. 3/15 is poor but I think we will really see where we are after the next few. Not worried just yet but if the next few go against us I will.

We needed to add quality into midfield but didnt and are paying the price. Crazy gamble to take on Lamberts part, but he likes a gamble as he's shown from day dot!

We're very, very inconsistent in our performances in pretty much every area of the pitch. I don't think we'll be right down at the bottom again but these next few games will really give us an indication on how we compare to the teams that will no doubt finish around us.

Our next two home games are against Cardiff and Sunderland, two teams that in my opinion we have to beat. I expected pretty much guaranteed losses against Tottenham and Man City but we managed to get three points from those two games, I also wasn't positive that we'd be able to beat Everton as they're better than us at the minute.

Bacuna and Delph have been really good for us so far and Vlaar has definitely improved on last season. Hopefully when Benteke is back up to 100% fitness we'll start firing again.

Good post. 

If we had all 11 players on form we would win more than we lose. Unfortunately, we do not have enough cover, nor good replacements for players when not on form and it shows.

Good post. 

If we had all 11 players on form we would win more than we lose. Unfortunately, we do not have enough cover, nor good replacements for players when not on form and it shows.

I agree, it is definitely a question of quality but I guess we just have to put with it as it's not something we can change. I'd like to see Sylla and Helenius given starts just like Tonev got today.

Today we could have been 3-0 up within the first half but we didn't take our chances and were punished for it. It probably won't be the last time we see it happen this season but in contrast we've already seen us pull off upsets against Arsenal and Man City.

We have an extremely young squad, I don't think any of our players have over 50 Premiership games under their belt yet and inconsistency will come hand in hand with this. 

Good post. 

I agree, it is definitely a question of quality but I guess we just have to put with it as it's not something we can change. I'd like to see Sylla and Helenius given starts just like Tonev got today.

Today we could have been 3-0 up within the first half but we didn't take our chances and were punished for it. It probably won't be the last time we see it happen this season but in contrast we've already seen us pull off upsets against Arsenal and Man City.

We have an extremely young squad, I don't think any of our players have over 50 Premiership games under their belt yet and inconsistency will come hand in hand with this. 

Cannot argue with that. I do not lay the blame at their door, they are good little players who are just having poor form (unfortunately all at the same time!) The more I think about it, the more I would have liked for us to bring in Barry on loan for 12 months, just for the experience and so he can pull them through. We still miss a leader - a Petrov.

Good thread ..

I don't think we could give an answer now ..

4 Top 7 games .. 1 from a decent team that we actually rubbish against them most of the time ..

We need to cover our defence with two defending midfielders (Delph and one of KEA or Sylla) .. to give Delph more chance to move .. and give much freedom to the front line .. 

I think I'd put Sylla and KEA .. With throwing one of (Westwood , Weimann , Helenius) instead of one of those two depending on the game .. 

With a front three of (Tonev , Benteke , Gabby) ..

As we're good with counters .. We're bad defending them ..

I actually think part of it is physchological, look at the team when Lukaku scored, the belief just evaporated from the team that we were going to not score and lose. There were still 23 minutes left on that point in a half where Everton had barely threaten. There just seems to be a grim acceptance that however we're playing we'll just keep on falling behind at VP.

Short term playing 3 forward just isn't working. End of last season it worked a treat home and away....baffles me why it's been such a flop this season. Gabby and Weimann need to be doing more than just working hard and running about.....they need to actually start scoring goals as both had excellent chances today.

I think I'd axe of them and play a narrower forward two and bring Sylla in.

Mcleish was lucky enough to have a bugger squad at his disposal to be fair.

We've had to cut back and those players who have come in are not yet first team ready. I believe they will be, but once again we will be playing catch up. 

349851_fullimage_Stefan%20Postma.jpg

• Like 2

I thought today was a step forward in our home form. End result aside, there were a lot of positives, and in all fairness we should've at least picked up a point. It was clearly our best home effort so far.

All we needed was an in-form Benteke, which we didn't have.

We also average less possession under Lambert at home then we did under McLeish at home. Yet claiming the football played at home under Lambert isn't much better is dismissed as ludicrous and many still seem to think we are some sort of great passing team under Lambert where we can afford to play someone in the 'Leon Britton' role. 

Â