Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

We are a one trick pony. If they snuffle Benteke out that's us done.

Man City? Norwich last season? I can't be arsed to find other examples but your statement is just wrong.

Edited by adw95

Man City? Norwich last season? I can't be arsed to find other examples but your statement is just wrong.

And Norwich this season

…....................Guzan........................ Lowton....Vlaar.........Clark.........Luna ...........Bacuna..............Sylla.............. ...Gabby.......Westwood........Delph.... .......................Benteke......................

Worst attempt at a line up ever.  Did you lose your return key?

• Like 1

Class act Roberto Martinez saying some very nice things about us pre-match :thumb:

Premier League: Roberto Martinez fears impact Christian Benteke will make against Everton

Roberto_3015611.jpg?20131018125933

Roberto Martinez feels Everton's task at Aston Villa on Saturday is a much tougher one now Christian Benteke is back in action.

Martinez works with one of Belgium's best players, Romelu Lukaku, in training most days and he is excited to see what entertainment the international team-mates will produce at Villa Park.

Benteke played half-an-hour off the bench in Villa's 2-0 home defeat by Spurs last weekend after missing a month with a hip injury and is expected to return to Paul Lambert's starting line-up this weekend.

"I think he has been an impressive signing," Martinez said.

"Looking at his contribution last season it was more than significant in Villa's record in the league and you can see what he brings to the crowd and what he means to everyone at Villa.

"Clearly Villa with Benteke on the pitch is a bigger threat and we will have to be very wary of that.

"They are very different and Belgium as a national team are very fortunate to have two players of that quality.

"They are two players that they can even play together in the same side and in their way they can be very effective and very much the focal point of any attacking team. They are two sensational strikers facing each other."

Everton have not lost to Villa in their last five meetings but Martinez is taking nothing for granted against a team that has already beaten two title challengers this season.

He added: "Anyone that can beat Arsenal or Manchester City deserves huge credit. When they have everyone fit and available, they are as good as anyone on their day.

"They have a lot of young players which shows a lot of bravery - that brings you energy and sometimes a dangerous naivety, which is sometimes needed in the modern game.

"They have had really difficult games but I think it's fair to say they are a very brave team, very flexible tactically. They always cause a threat and try to win the game, which is refreshing at times.

"I always have great admiration for managers who can be flexible with their tactical approach. Clearly Paul Lambert has achieved that."

With Martinez you tend to find he's not spouting rhetoric or cliché like many managers do for the sake of it. What he's saying is worth listening to because apart from making sense, he has done his homework. I've been very impressed with how he has taken over Moyes' role at Everton. It's like he has been there for years given how their results have gone and given how little noise has come from Goodison. Any notion that he was a powderpuff manager who might be found out further up the league seems to have been put to bed.

And Norwich this season

…....................Guzan........................ Lowton....Vlaar.........Clark.........Luna ...........Bacuna..............Sylla.............. ...Gabby.......Westwood........Delph.... .......................Benteke......................

Worst attempt at a line up ever. Did you lose your return key?

Ha, well it looks absolutely fine on my phone app!

Class act Roberto Martinez saying some very nice things about us pre-match :thumb: 

Premier League: Roberto Martinez fears impact Christian Benteke will make against Everton Roberto_3015611.jpg?20131018125933Roberto Martinez feels Everton's task at Aston Villa on Saturday is a much tougher one now Christian Benteke is back in action.Martinez works with one of Belgium's best players, Romelu Lukaku, in training most days and he is excited to see what entertainment the international team-mates will produce at Villa Park.Benteke played half-an-hour off the bench in Villa's 2-0 home defeat by Spurs last weekend after missing a month with a hip injury and is expected to return to Paul Lambert's starting line-up this weekend."I think he has been an impressive signing," Martinez said."Looking at his contribution last season it was more than significant in Villa's record in the league and you can see what he brings to the crowd and what he means to everyone at Villa."Clearly Villa with Benteke on the pitch is a bigger threat and we will have to be very wary of that."They are very different and Belgium as a national team are very fortunate to have two players of that quality."They are two players that they can even play together in the same side and in their way they can be very effective and very much the focal point of any attacking team. They are two sensational strikers facing each other."Everton have not lost to Villa in their last five meetings but Martinez is taking nothing for granted against a team that has already beaten two title challengers this season.He added: "Anyone that can beat Arsenal or Manchester City deserves huge credit. When they have everyone fit and available, they are as good as anyone on their day."They have a lot of young players which shows a lot of bravery - that brings you energy and sometimes a dangerous naivety, which is sometimes needed in the modern game."They have had really difficult games but I think it's fair to say they are a very brave team, very flexible tactically. They always cause a threat and try to win the game, which is refreshing at times."I always have great admiration for managers who can be flexible with their tactical approach. Clearly Paul Lambert has achieved that."

With Martinez you tend to find he's not spouting rhetoric or cliché like many managers do for the sake of it. What he's saying is worth listening to because apart from making sense, he has done his homework. I've been very impressed with how he has taken over Moyes' role at Everton. It's like he has been there for years given how their results have gone and given how little noise has come from Goodison. Any notion that he was a powderpuff manager who might be found out further up the league seems to have been put to bed.

Are we allowed to like an opponent's manager? I don't know. I feel a bit dirty now...

Listening to the grauniad football weekly podcast on the interweb  they were saying that Villa go in hard in midfield. Sorry have they seen our side? They might go in late sometimes but if anything I would say our midfield is too lightwight. A strange comment I thought.  On another issue how long will the Guardian charge nowt for the website and £1.40 for a daily copy?!  Dont they know the public sector and students dont have any money nowadays? Brillant business model that is.

• Like 1

Well the bookies don't think it's tough to call they are right up Everton's arse for this one....probably due to our tragic homeform. 

I'll like to see us return to some of the stuff we was playing last season i.e. on the front foot and passing it about intead of this counter attacking and goal kicking to Benteke shit.

Edited by supernova26

Well the bookies don't think it's tough to call they are right up Everton's arse for this one....probably due to our tragic homeform. 

I'll like to see us return to some of the stuff we was playing last season i.e. on the front foot and passing it about intead of this counter attacking and goal kicking to Benteke shit.

Completely agree. Our return from the games we have had has been OK, but our performances having quite tallied with some of the stuff we played last season from March onwards.

gaz barry will run the show from midfield,kea will be made to look ordinary in the middle,

distin & jags will cope with long ball as midfield is not good functioning

baines will stop bacuna on the right

everton will win 2-0

will will moan again about all the above & edge near the bottom & blame everyone about home form

lambert will praise the boys with effort & how unlucky we were..we go again

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST