What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Range Rovers can have tank of up 105 litres, which is about 23 gallons I think? Depending on model, lets assume the 3.0 diesel with quoted mpg of 25-30, gives a range of 575-690 miles. 

Possible, although unlikely

He’d have to have some kind of hybrid for central London wouldn’t he?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’d have to have some kind of hybrid for central London wouldn’t he?

If its a euro 6 diesel it would be exempt from the ULEZ charge. 

• Thanks 1

It’s a 2019 model Land Rover Discovery Sport R Dynamic HSE, petrol automatic

Official website fuel consumption figure is 30.1 mpg

Official website fuel tank size is 67 litres

From absolutely full, to run dry empty, getting best mpg quoted, that’s 450 miles by my calcs.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a 2019 model Land Rover Discovery Sport R Dynamic HSE, petrol automatic

Official website fuel consumption figure is 30.1 mpg

Official website fuel tank size is 67 litres

From absolutely full, to run dry empty, getting best mpg quoted, that’s 450 miles by my calcs.

HSE is fully loaded, so heavy as ****. I know several owners of these and it’s never seen 30+ mpg in it’s life.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Xela said:

The car JLR should have made?

It’s looks like a cross between an old Defender and a G-Wagon. If it ever makes it to production it will have old engines from BMW, an even older ladder chassis and pricing starting with a 4 and then need VAT adding. The new commercial Defender Hardtop much criticised for being pricey will likely be cheaper, and have far more appeal and industry leading technology.

This car looks like a disaster.

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

The new commercial Defender Hardtop much criticised for being pricey will likely be cheaper, and have far more appeal and industry leading technology.

This car looks like a disaster.

Isn't leading technology against the ethos of what a Defender is? The owners want ancient, basic and utilitarian. 

You could be right on price. The Grenadier needs to undercut the Defender. 

Edited by Xela

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Isn't leading technology against the ethos of what a Defender is? The owners want ancient, basic and utilitarian. 

You could be right on price. The Grenadier needs to undercut the Defender. 

The people who complain that the new car isn’t a Defender have never driven or lived with the old one. It was an absolute nightmare. Ford Transit engine and gearbox. Horrific steering and brakes. Noisy, harsh, unreliable, extremely low tech and nowhere near as safe as modern cars for occupants or pedestrians.

The new Defender is an absolute game changer. Amazing off road, amazingly technology like software updates over the air, world class aluminium chassis, ultra refined and looks the bollocks.

I heard the other day there are over 32,000 orders for the 110. The 90 isn’t on sale yet (I don’t think). Also, whilst we’re on JLR I also heard China sales are up nearly 5% year on year which is remarkable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

The people who complain that the new car isn’t a Defender have never driven or lived with the old one. It was an absolute nightmare. Ford Transit engine and gearbox. Horrific steering and brakes. Noisy, harsh, unreliable, extremely low tech and nowhere near as safe as modern cars for occupants or pedestrians.

The new Defender is an absolute game changer. Amazing off road, amazingly technology like software updates over the air, world class aluminium chassis, ultra refined and looks the bollocks.

I have no doubt the new Defender will be an amazing technological beast and will sell in bucket loads, but I would guess its not aimed at the old Defender owner? The farmer who needs to hoy a dead sheep in the back. I'd guess a lot of the new owners will either be drug dealers or moms on the school run ;) I think the Grenadier is aimed at the old Defender crowd, although they'll need to price it better. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I have no doubt the new Defender will be an amazing technological beast and will sell in bucket loads, but I would guess its not aimed at the old Defender owner? The farmer who needs to hoy a dead sheep in the back. I'd guess a lot of the new owners will either be drug dealers or moms on the school run ;) I think the Grenadier is aimed at the old Defender crowd, although they'll need to price it better. 

This is a very British perspective of Defender owners and not really that many of these people exist in reality. The ones that do will replace their car every 20 years or so. It would be madness to design and develop a car for about 500 farmers a year.

I know a lot of people that got the old one as they thought it was cool to learn the hard way that it is a real dog to live with. Popping to the shops a real chore. The new one does away with all of that.

I am looking forward to driving the 5L V8 that is rumoured...

Missus bought a 2nd hand 2018 golf today, nice car, at the very least a step up from the 2015 audi a1 that she had 

A few years back when I bought my audi I spent a long time looking at a golf R or GTI and just couldn't bring myself to do it, the quality of the cab is way off the price when compared to the german big 3, spent an hour in the show room today while she talked shop and I don't think VW have changed

37.000€ for the not top of the range golf, automatic, OK engine, the virtual cockpit from audi is kow everywhere so 2 entertainment screens, huge list of extras... But no leather seats, loads of plastic inside, the difference in interior quality between bottom of the range and top of the range is so slim that top of the range never seems worth it 

Not seen another car company like it

I’ve bounced between Audi and VW for the last few cars and the difference in quality is stark. 
Then again, I’m tempted with a Jag next so what do I know?

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’ve bounced between Audi and VW for the last few cars and the difference in quality is stark. 
Then again, I’m tempted with a Jag next so what do I know?

Jaguar E-Pace won the award for highest ranked small premium SUV in the JD Power 2020 initial quality study 

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Jaguar E-Pace won the award for highest ranked small premium SUV in the JD Power 2020 initial quality study 

20 years since I worked there. My guess is they’ve upped their game a little since then and I haven’t noticed.
That there I-Pace is a lovely looking car though and I’m coveting it strongly. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, choffer said:

20 years since I worked there. My guess is they’ve upped their game a little since then and I haven’t noticed.
That there I-Pace is a lovely looking car though and I’m coveting it strongly. 

I-Pace has just had a facelift and big technological upgrade (better range, faster charge times). Made in the same factory as E-Pace too. I’d love an I-Pace.

• Like 1

Â