What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Considering buying another Subaru. Probably a hatchback.

Without doubt the best car I've ever owned was a Liberty.

I like the WRX but not looking to spend money I don't have!

Always liked Nissan too, think they started off as Datsuns, which were cool too.

Skyline, 180sx, 240sx, 240z. All a hybrid of beauty and beast. Great cars.

That's only talking about cars outside of economy and practicality

I've never really been interested in owning a Ferrari.

I did like the Mazda rotary cars too though. They f*ckin' flew!

RX7 and RX4 in particular.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 17:57, chrisp65 said:

My missus has changed her car today, we’re just back from the garage.

She did have a Toyota Aygo, she’s now got.... a Toyota Aygo.

One of those cases of it being at the end of the 3 year deal so it was either buy it, re finance it, or get a new one. Basically because of a 0% finance offer it was a better deal to have a new one than keep the old one.

Paying less for the new one than the old one. The optimist in me thinks we just drove a really good deal, the pessimist thinks we must have got spanked last time.

Has anybody else noticed there is less choice in the small car market now? No more twingo, no more smart, no more mii, no more viva. Struggling to make them for the prices peeps will pay for them, apparently.

My mum did the same, with an Aygo too. Saved a fortune.

Anybody else noticed that headlights seem to be getting ridiculously bright on newer cars? 

Had to drive back on the M5 Last night with my rear view mirror dipped for pretty much the whole journey.

Audi and Land Rover seem to be the worst - it's like they constantly have main beam on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Anybody else noticed that headlights seem to be getting ridiculously bright on newer cars? 

Had to drive back on the M5 Last night with my rear view mirror dipped for pretty much the whole journey.

Audi and Land Rover seem to be the worst - it's like they constantly have main beam on?

I got an mx5 over the summer and I'm **** hating driving it in the dark because of the number of dickheads with poorly adjusted headlights. Being a few inches lower makes it so much bloody worse. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I actually said this to my missus the other night as I drove to Stansted. It's almost as if they are leaving their full beams on.

• Like 1

Clicked over 50,000 miles on the motor today. Had a scroll through the computer and the long term mpg of the car is 23.4 mpg. On a 100 mile round trip today and driving very conservatively I managed to get 27.9 mpg on the journey. Uggghhh. 

• 1 month later...

Coming soon

looks interesting, its beyond concept car, it has a price and an order book and appears to be genuinely on the way

luka-web-2.png

Perfectly respectable stats and spec, 2 seater slightly retro fully electric car - for less than the price of an electric Corsa.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I hate buying cars. But with three grandchildren now, the C3 is too small. And I have a very limited budget. 

It's going to have to be a Dacia Duster, isn't it? 

Have a look at the C3 or C4 aircross.

Or a Renault Captur.

• Like 1

What are you like for the general spread of dealerships?

If you’re happy to consider Dacia (and there’s no reason not to be if you aren’t badge snobbish), perhaps there are also MG and Ssangyong dealers local?

You might not want one of those, but nothing concentrates the mind of a salesman like a good quote from a genuine rival dealership.

Also, I don’t know if its still the case, but back in the summer there were ridiculous discounts on Suzuki - the Vitara was cheaper than all the smaller cars in their own range. It was below £150 a month territory. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Looking at new? Or would you consider used?

Prefer new, but may have to go s/h depending on budget. 

EDIT: Research is rather sobering, as it seems that vehicles which can safely accomodate three child seats across the back are few and far between - and they are: (a) way too big for my drive, and (b) way beyond my budget. 

Edited by mjmooney

I'd go used. Let someone else take the depreciation hit. Get a model a couple years old and depending on marque, should still have some warranty left. 

• Like 4

Â