What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

There are I-Pace deals knocking about now for similar money. 

Does over 250 miles on a charge, so depending on your mileage you’d make the saving in fuel? 

I test drove one the other week and it was rapid too. Lovely car. 

I'd love to find those kind of deals on an I-Pace! I could only find ones with huge deposits and about £700 a month!

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'd love to find those kind of deals on an I-Pace! I could only find ones with huge deposits and about £700 a month!

Arval.co.uk have the deal, but I’ve just noticed the price is + VAT. 

They have a stock offer on the go. £490+ for the 294kW EV400 SE 90kWh 5dr Auto (400 BHP!!!)

That is £4K down though and over 4 years, but I’m sure the 36 month rate is very similar - I’ve seen it advertised. 

Might be a tad too much, but it’s the best deal I’ve seen on that car.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Arval.co.uk have the deal, but I’ve just noticed the price is + VAT. 

They have a stock offer on the go. £490+ for the 294kW EV400 SE 90kWh 5dr Auto (400 BHP!!!)

That is £4K down though and over 4 years, but I’m sure the 36 month rate is very similar - I’ve seen it advertised. 

Might be a tad too much, but it’s the best deal I’ve seen on that car.

Think you're getting a better deal than me! I went to site and all I can see is £3535 deposit and £589pm. Too rich for me unfortunately!!

24 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Think you're getting a better deal than me! I went to site and all I can see is £3535 deposit and £589pm. Too rich for me unfortunately!!

I think it was the same deal, I just forgot to add the VAT. A rookie mistake from someone who’s worked in leasing for 20 years 🤦‍♂️, sorry mate! 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wonder if there will be some good offers available after this as dealers try to catch up on lost business?

Not yet, not in writing anyway, though I’m sure there would be a hell of a lot of room to negotiate.

My lease is up end of July - I’ve written to them and asked if I can simply extend it a year. They said that wasn’t an option. 

I suspect in another month they’ll be asking me if I’d like to ask again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Wonder if there will be some good offers available after this as dealers try to catch up on lost business?

It’s difficult to know and it could go the other way, there will be several thousand less cars in the system due to the shutdown so might push prices up initially.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you chipped or remapped your car? Thinking about doing it but wanted other people's thoughts.  Also where did you go for your insurance? I've spoken to my insurer and they don't cover modified cars. 

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Have any of you chipped or remapped your car? Thinking about doing it but wanted other people's thoughts.  Also where did you go for your insurance? I've spoken to my insurer and they don't cover modified cars. 

Yeah had a BWM 300d chipped, went like the clappers after, so does work. Dont expect the quoted efficiency to go up though, my mpg went down. If the vehicle is still under manufactures warranty dont bother as it voids it if found out. Also I didn't tell my insurance as there's no way they can really find out, even if you make claim.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Also I didn't tell my insurance as there's no way they can really find out, even if you make claim.

It's pretty easy to check if a car has been remapped, and not particularly unusual for them to check for it on cars that commonly have it done.

It might be fairly low risk, but the potential repercussions are astronomical. It's not a gamble I'd take.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

On 04/04/2020 at 16:20, Xela said:

Really hard to predict. 

I work in leasing and used car values are tanking at the moment, which causes an issue for our valuation teams when trying to predict a sensible RV curve. We are holding our nerve at the moment, but not sure what will happen o er the next few weeks.

There will be a surge in demand when things start to get ‘better’, but supply might not catch up for a while (supply was already under pressure due to relatively weak demand and huge changes in emission testing), depending on where cars are in the supply chain. 

There will absolutely be some ‘deals’ to be had, especially if dealers had some pre-reg in for March, but I don’t think you’ll see a wholesale reduction in pricing, it might go slightly the other way. 

On 04/04/2020 at 17:21, chrisp65 said:

Not yet, not in writing anyway, though I’m sure there would be a hell of a lot of room to negotiate.

My lease is up end of July - I’ve written to them and asked if I can simply extend it a year. They said that wasn’t an option. 

I suspect in another month they’ll be asking me if I’d like to ask again.

Seems a very odd stance to me, we are actively contacting customers with 6 months or less left on their lease and offering some very attractive extension pricing (circa 25% reduction on original contract rental if extended for 12 months) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Seems a very odd stance to me, we are actively contacting customers with 6 months or less left on their lease and offering some very attractive extension pricing (circa 25% reduction on original contract rental if extended for 12 months) 

Funny you should bring that up now, we were just discussing over lunch whether I give it another try now they've had a little time for everything to sink in.

Less than 4 months to run, I would be expecting a bit more communication from them by now. Even if it was just reminding me to bring it back!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Funny you should bring that up now, we were just discussing over lunch whether I give it another try now they've had a little time for everything to sink in.

Less than 4 months to run, I would be expecting a bit more communication from them by now. Even if it was just reminding me to bring it back!

It’s proper hard work at the moment, so extensions are about the only thing we can do.

I run our used leasing operation, as well as a bit on the new side, and all the suppliers have shutdown. I have used cars in stock ready to go that can’t be delivered, others that need a bit of refurb and a pipeline of returns that we can’t collect. We have offers on new stuff, but dealers are closed and fleet centres are barely operational, so all we are doing is quoting and getting people to credit stage. 

IMO, some of the manufactures and suppliers shut up shop too soon, when they didn’t need to. Plenty of key workers needing vehicles and with a bit of nous, dealers could have stayed operational for leasing/broker sales - social distancing would be a piece of piss. 

• Like 1

I’ve kind of presumed there were two reasons I wasn’t seeing any shift in the advertised pricing.

Firstly, there just weren’t staff hustling and reviewing competitors prices every day and updating websites. Secondly, because production was stopped so quickly there aren’t going to be fields of cars with no takers. They just aren’t producing them so supply and demand is still crudely balanced.

• Like 2

They would never check chap, an it's not easy to check, it would have to be plugged into a laptop which remaps the cars, although if it's a risk you wouldn't want to take I understand. An you always have the excuse you did not know it had it, that's one of the reasons they wouldn't bother.

• Like 1

Â