Stanley Victor Collymore

donnie

8 hours ago, DK82 said:

And when fans stood up he ran a milevand wanted nothing to do with it.

this is months after he was praising Fox, then when he lost his piece in the programme, he hated Fox. The guy is a prick.

I disagree. He was sold by fox, a lot like the fans where at first. He soon figured him out like the rest of us. Not sure what you mean with the first part. He was constantly on Lerner's back last year, dedicating his show to discussing how bad he and fox were at times. 

Good luck to him. He has clearly battled mental health issues for most of his adult life and seems he has another battle on his hands now.

Fair play to him for speaking out about it as well as too often these issues are brushed under the carpet and being high profile him speaking out may well inspire someone else to do the same and seek help.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Xela said:

TS was take over by Murdoch Corp, who then (i believe) withdrew the contract offer to him, probably down to his views on the Sun newspaper over Hillsborough 

I believe his intention was to continue to work for them but to NOT curb his opinion. I guess you could see that as hypocrisy, or as in my opinion burning down the house from the inside. 

I've had my 'run ins', shall we say, with Stan over the years. However I do hope he gets well soon, obviously. He's a div at times, aren't we all, but he's family. And a human!

He will I'm certain. 

• Like 1

Millions of people face mental illness and don't resort to name-calling and all-round pettiness.

He could have used his platform as the voice of Villa fans much more effectively, rather than abusing and bullying those who dared question him, then blocking them for daring to offer a dissenting opinion. We're all Villa fans, from all backgrounds with different opinions, yet Stan never seemed interested in listening. He only ever was interested in expanding his echo chamber.

Mental illness sucks. It really, really sucks. I hope he recovers from it and gets well soon.

But it can't excuse his ridiculous behaviour on both the radio and social media, at times.

14 hours ago, DK82 said:

And when fans stood up he ran a milevand wanted nothing to do with it.

In retrospect that's not actually true. He gave us the entire show leading up to the first protest, no doubt Talksport would have preferred to hear from Spurs and Leicester fans. He went. Whether he went to subsequent protests I'm not sure, he was working at the time to be fair. 

I think we were a bit too wrapped up in it to notice at the time Den. But he did give a lot of coverage to it, and posted plenty of opinion peices. I think he maybe disagreed with the methods at times, which is fair enough. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Millions of people face mental illness and don't resort to name-calling and all-round pettiness.

Millions of people don't. Millions of people suffer from personality disorders as a result, including extreme mood swings. I was once one of them. 

I still suffer short bouts of depression from time to time, once every 18 months or so. I'm due actually! I've got the mood swings under control these days, but I reckon if you looked through my warning point history on VT you could pinpoint my 'difficult' moments!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Stan Collymore will always do what suits Stan Collymore. If Aston Villa are the biggest laughing stock in British football and he can jump on the back of it for some attention, he will do. If Aston Villa are riding high and challenging for top 4 and he can jump on the back of it for some attention, he will do.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In retrospect that's not actually true. He gave us the entire show leading up to the first protest, no doubt Talksport would have preferred to hear from Spurs and Leicester fans. He went. Whether he went to subsequent protests I'm not sure, he was working at the time to be fair. 

I think we were a bit too wrapped up in it to notice at the time Den. But he did give a lot of coverage to it, and posted plenty of opinion peices. I think he maybe disagreed with the methods at times, which is fair enough. 

I listened to all of his shows for weeks, as soon as it wasn't about him his interest ended, untill he could criticise Xia of course to make it about him again. The man is a prick.

'me ne me, I have evidence Xia is bad, me me me, look at me!'

Edited by DK82

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Millions of people don't. Millions of people suffer from personality disorders as a result, including extreme mood swings. I was once one of them. 

I still suffer short bouts of depression from time to time, once every 18 months or so. I'm due actually! I've got the mood swings under control these days, but I reckon if you looked through my warning point history on VT you could pinpoint my 'difficult' moments!

Aye I think this is the same for me too. And whilst Stan suffers and I do t wish him Ill health, I also think he is a grade a prick who attention seeks regularly. I know when I struggle, I know when my friends struggle, we hide away and don't  aim for attention. For me that makes me feel worse.

im lucky it's the most under control it ever has been, but I can still feel it there, the back of my mind, in my sleep, when I'm in an important meeting, when I loo in the mirror. But the last thing I want to do is make it worse for myself by acting up or making things up to get people's attention etc

• 6 years later...
29 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm no huge fan of Stan, sometimes he can annoy me more than anybody else on my twitter feed. The obvious things from his past are tough to see past at times too but when he's in a good place mentally he is a very good ambassador for our club and the working-class-roots of the game as a whole and I think this message he's sent to a fan with a terminal illness is very touching, rang home beautifully and just a great read.

I hope he can stay in a good place, because whilst he can be an emotional so-and-so and very frustrating on twitter, a massive prick at times too. He can also be one of the 'personalities' who best understand what a club means to its fans and community - and it's always good to see that coming from a fellow Villan.

Also, if you read this and are touched by it. Please also send a message to the fan who is suffering, I'm sure he'd love to hear from Villans all over the world.

Well done Stan ❤️

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm no huge fan of Stan, sometimes he can annoy me more than anybody else on my twitter feed. The obvious things from his past are tough to see past at times too but when he's in a good place mentally he is a very good ambassador for our club and the working-class-roots of the game as a whole and I think this message he's sent to a fan with a terminal illness is very touching, rang home beautifully and just a great read.

I hope he can stay in a good place, because whilst he can be an emotional so-and-so and very frustrating on twitter, a massive prick at times too. He can also be one of the 'personalities' who best understand what a club means to its fans and community - and it's always good to see that coming from a fellow Villan.

Also, if you read this and are touched by it. Please also send a message to the fan who is suffering, I'm sure he'd love to hear from Villans all over the world.

Thats amazing well done stan 👏 

• Like 1

Stans a guy that made some pretty bad decisions in life but has turned his life around. He could have continuted to do despicable things but he has tried to make hinself a better person.

I respect him alot 

This was just amazing from him

• Like 2

Â