World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

I reckon Qatar world cup will go down as one of the biggest flops in football history. To add to that Russia 2018 has been one of the best world cups in my life time. To follow that is hard enough but with all this nonsense on top its going to be utter trash.

i think it will be brilliant, the danger is empty stadiums but i think they will subsidise it to get loads of people in, it will end up cheaper than the last the couple of world cups and the one in 26, the beer thing will be blown way out of proportion, it will be a massive party, im convinced the fans that go will have an incredible time, i think it will be one of the most fan friendly world cups ever

the negative is the timing, the weather here has had a huge impact on this world cup, watching the world cup at the german market will be weird as **** but the idea that the world cup wont be good because the PL had to stop for a month will all be forgotten as soon as the 1st game kicks off

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

It will be like this World Cup. People moaning now and say they will boycott but when it comes around people will be tuning in.

Agreed, we say now it’ll be crap. Then no doubt we’ll all watch 90% of it

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

USA 94 was an artificial World Cup if that is the case, they had no league or football culture and so big it wasnt cheap or fan friendly

That was a success

Didn't USA play in Italia 90?

At least it was played during the summer. Having it in November might be logical with the weather but it just dosen't feel right to me.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

how many countries around the world have their leagues stopped for the summer world cup?

Well lot of them have summer leagues, the money leagues is bit different but have agreed to Change

FIFA and UEFA are destroying and devaluing their 2 main tournaments.

The next Euro's and their Nations League will be shambles, especially the Euro's are just a mess being played in 15 countries making it impossible for fans with the travels and lodgings.

The WC is even worse with first putting it in the desert during winter for purely financial reasons making league seasons and Cups a mess and again completely disregarding the fans who won't be going to Qatar.

And the it's over to the US of A, Mexico and Canada in a tournament where 48 teams will "compete" making sure the standard of football will be worse than ever.

By then I'm sure we'll have flags on the sideline for challenges, 4 quarters and commercial breaks.

Killing football as we know it.

Infantino is just as bad as Havelange, Blatter and Platini

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sne said:

FIFA and UEFA are destroying and devaluing their 2 main tournaments.

The next Euro's and their Nations League will be shambles, especially the Euro's are just a mess being played in 15 countries making it impossible for fans with the travels and lodgings.

The WC is even worse with first putting it in the desert during winter for purely financial reasons making league seasons and Cups a mess and again completely disregarding the fans who won't be going to Qatar.

And the it's over to the US of A, Mexico and Canada in a tournament where 48 teams will "compete" making sure the standard of football will be worse than ever.

By then I'm sure we'll have flags on the sideline for challenges, 4 quarters and commercial breaks.

Killing football as we know it.

Infantino is just as bad as Havelange, Blatter and Platini

The trouble is it is getting more and more difficult to find a country who will actually offer to host one of these things. A bit like the Olympics, countries don't want to burden of the cost any more. 

The multi country host is more of a killer for atmosphere than hosting in Qatar will be. It's going to be difficult to get a party going when it's held across 15 countries. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The trouble is it is getting more and more difficult to find a country who will actually offer to host one of these things. A bit like the Olympics, countries don't want to burden of the cost any more. 

The multi country host is more of a killer for atmosphere than hosting in Qatar will be. It's going to be difficult to get a party going when it's held across 15 countries. 

I wonder if we will bid for the next one? Surely we have to get this one.

a Uruguay and Argentina joint bid will be the favourite with it being the anniversary

if we go in with a UK bid then i hope we dont get it

the rumour was we were going to throw all our weight behind the german bid for the 2024 euros with some sort of gentleman's agreement that they in turn would put all their weight behind our next world cup bid

in the next 12 years something is going to morocco and turkey, imagine if we lost a WC bid to morocco! the media would go nuts

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

in the next 12 years something is going to morocco and turkey, imagine if we lost a WC bid to morocco! the media would go nuts

2020 is going to multiple countries as only Turkey bid for it and UEFA are not happy putting a tournament there

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2020 is going to multiple countries as only Turkey bid for it and UEFA are not happy putting a tournament there

yeah they pulled out of the bid to host the semis so they could work on their 2024 bid

failed with the Olympics too, they want something 

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah they pulled out of the bid to host the semis so they could work on their 2024 bid

failed with the Olympics too, they want something 

JUst think Turkey too **** up of a place to host it. Security be a bit of a nightmare

I really don't see attendance being great for Qatar unless there are some massive changes to that region in the next 4 years. At least russia, despite it's political troubles, is a tourist destination. I grew up in soviet controlled Czechoslovakia and I'd feel safer in Russia than I would in Qatar. Also there is no way in hell I'd bring my wife to Qatar with me. 

I imagine a lot of people share my sentiments. You can't even go to a pub and drink in Qatar as well. 

come the tournament people wont care, there will be more fuss made over the beer than there will be human rights and like i said before i think the government owned qatar airways will make sure its well attended, 86% of the Qatari population are expats including 25k brits (with another 55k in UAE) the stadiums are all sensible sizes too (only 2 bigger than 50k)

it will end up one of the most accessible world cups ever for fans

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I really don't see attendance being great for Qatar unless there are some massive changes to that region in the next 4 years. At least russia, despite it's political troubles, is a tourist destination. I grew up in soviet controlled Czechoslovakia and I'd feel safer in Russia than I would in Qatar. Also there is no way in hell I'd bring my wife to Qatar with me. 

I imagine a lot of people share my sentiments. You can't even go to a pub and drink in Qatar as well. 

Qatar will be incredibly friendly.  Of course you can drink in pubs (or bars, doubt they have pubs) - you just can't be drunk in public places.  It's the same as UAE afaik.

I think some people think Qatar is some third world country because they know nothing about it.  Personally, I'd much sooner travel to Qatar than Russia.

Also, some chat about the winter World Cup producing a higher standard of quality football because the majority of the top players will be in the middle of their domestic season and in top shape, rather than having finished a long campaign then having to compete in the World Cup.  Will be interesting to see.

Australia should've got 2022.

In terms of sporting value it ticks the boxes. Passionate Sports fans, potential for Football to grow further (like USA in 1994), lots of good stadia that could be converted to Football very easily like MCG.

Of course however the time zones mean Fifa wouldn't have got as much for their broadcasting rights from europe so that was that.

Travesty if they never get the chance to host one in next twenty years imo. Given in a football sense they're clashed as Asia they'll probably miss out to China or India when WC is offered to that Continent again.

• Like 1

Â