World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They only qualified for one that was in 2006

Oops, I must have got mixed up. Well in that case I feel even worse for them and really hope they qualify for the next one. They may well do, they're skillful, they pass the ball around well and quickly. When England beat them 4-0 in last year's euros they really had an off day ans England were unusually good that day.

57 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Gonna be an amazing game against them in Qatar.

Now my two countries, England and Wales, are in the same group (I was born and raised in England but my mum and grandparents were born and raised in Wales and now I live in Wales too). Oh dear this is a bit tricky. I think my ideal scenario is for England and Wales to draw and then both win both their other games so they both progress! 🤞(Afterall England beat Wales in Euro 2016 thanks to that sublime bit of Sturridge skill).

If England and Wales were in the World Cup final (extremely unilkely, I know), at the end of the day I'd want England to win as they're my first team and I'm a bit more English than Welsh. But I always want Wales to win against any team other than England !

• Like 1

Supporting Wales 100% even though I’m English…

I’m no glory hunter and I’m a quarter Welsh…

I wasn’t alive the last time England won a trophy… and since they have, West Ham fans have said “we won the World Cup”

That’s all well and good because West Ham are a proper club, so I’ll give them that…

I just couldn’t possibly bring myself to cheer on Man City players and listen to their scumbag fans say the same kind of drivel for the rest of my lifetime…

There was nothing about the England squad that lost to Hungary that I like, respect or support…

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I wasn’t alive the last time England won a trophy… and since they have, West Ham fans have said “we won the World Cup”

That’s all well and good because West Ham are a proper club, so I’ll give them that…

I just couldn’t possibly bring myself to cheer on Man City players and listen to their scumbag fans say the same kind of drivel for the rest of my lifetime…

There was nothing about the England squad that lost to Hungary that I like, respect or support…

How many West Ham fans do you ever see or speak too? How often do you hear that phrase? England winning the World Cup bothers you because of what some fans of a club supposedly say?

How are West Ham a "proper club"? What is a "proper club"?

Why does it matter who a player plays for when they represent their country?

What was so wrong with the squad that played Hungary and why dont you respect or support it?

If I was being polite I would say this post was nonsensical. If I was being less polite I would describe it as unequivocal nonsense. Luckily I'm polite.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 2

On 05/06/2022 at 21:50, TheAuthority said:

1st game kicks off at 10am UK time?

That's 2am here. I won't be watching very then !

Fair enough, that's the middle of the night! I don't think I will either as I'll probably be in Chile, and it will be about 4am there, I think.

Group B is a quirky group: three English speaking countries plus Iran. Unusual.

• Like 1

This is Argentina’s cup imo.

In form team, outstanding goalie and one of the best players in the world pretty much saving himself for this tournament.  The route to the final could also be favourable if they win their group

36 years is way to long for them to go without wining the World Cup. 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2022 at 21:38, DJ_Villain said:

I’m club before country…

Id rather see Villa win a trophy than England…

I support Villa players… There are no Villa players in the last England squad… and if there are no Villa players in the squad, I have no reason to want to see them succeed…

Yet you're supporting Wales...

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yet you chose not to quote my last paragraph of that post which quite clearly states that I am an “arbitrary hypocrite”

Just seemed weird to say you support England when Villa players are playing, but you're chossing to support Wales who will have no Villa players playing. France, Brazil or Argentina may be better choices

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was it 98 they had that crazy game that Iran scored the winner near the end?

Do you reckon this game still has the same significance as back then?

Yes it was ‘98, I think it hold more significance for Iran than it does USA (please correct me if I’m wrong). 

There’s quite a lot of interesting match ups in store for the neutrals.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just seemed weird to say you support England when Villa players are playing, but you're chossing to support Wales who will have no Villa players playing. France, Brazil or Argentina may be better choices

You’re absolutely correct to an extent… But my grandmother was Welsh… so I do have more of affinity towards them than the other teams mentioned…

and I am arbitrary… so can change my mind and make my opinions up as I go along…

it’s incredibly refreshing 🤣

Ecuador to be kicked out and replaced by Chile apparently, one of the players for ecuador was born in Colombia and has falsified documents to play for Ecuador 

Edited by Jimzk5

16 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Ecuador to be kicked out and replaced by Chile apparently, one of the players for ecuador was born in CColombiaamd has falsified documents to play for Ecuador 

Chile finished below Colombia and Peru this is the problem 

Peru play a play off vs Australia on Monday 

Â