The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Compared to all the moick ups on tech websites and even the Moto360 or LG R watch its not exactly a looker, not very Apple like really.

Bigger iPhone had to happen despite their standpoint a few years ago that the original iPhone size was the sweetspot.

Apple watch is rather shocking how ugly it is. 

never stopped Breitling and Longines selling watches

I guess peoples opinions of an ugly watch can differ. Love my Breitling Chronomat

4 /10 would not wear  :P

it's all eye of the beholder  , though tbf i do agree with the original post , it is an ugly product  ...

I've decided against getting an Iphone six. Carried on here: http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/3902-android-general-chat/?p=1453188

It's strange to think that I used to get that reaction from Iphones. I also know if I was to go back to one from Android, it'd leave me frustrated.

I'm the opposite, cannot wait to dump Android.

• Like 1

I've decided against getting an Iphone six. Carried on here: http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/3902-android-general-chat/?p=1453188

It's strange to think that I used to get that reaction from Iphones. I also know if I was to go back to one from Android, it'd leave me frustrated.

I'm the opposite, cannot wait to dump Android.

I'm with you. Maybe I just don't make the most of my android but I have found that the iPhone does the basics so much better. It's just a preference I guess, but I will be buying the 6 next week.

• Like 1

For anyone remotely interested iOS pisses all over android for business use.

I'm an iOS defender on this site, I think it gets way too much stick.

But I have an iPhone for work and I absolutely hate it.

Can't open files on it properly and email on the iphone is terrible.

Granted this is probably because we use Google Mail at work and it doesn't marry up too well with an iPhone. But still. I'd trade it in for the most basic of android phones in a second.

Granted this is probably because we use Google Mail at work and it doesn't marry up too well with an iPhone. But still. I'd trade it in for the most basic of android phones in a second.

I've never tried to use gmail on an iPhone nor will I. I think the android mail app is hopeless myself. As for opening files, I know this used to be a massive issue by I didn't find any on iOS 7 that it couldn't open. What kinda files?

I've never tried to use gmail on an iPhone nor will I. I think the android mail app is hopeless myself. As for opening files, I know this used to be a massive issue by I didn't find any on iOS 7 that it couldn't open. What kinda files?

We don't use gmail on the iPhones. We use the normal mail app.

But it doesn't make sense when we use gmail on our PCs. You can't apply the same labels and move to the same folders as you can on googlemail.

Excels and PDFs seem to be hit and miss when opening. Sometimes they open, often they don't, or I have to close down the mail app, go back in and try again to make it work. And I've had various occasions where I've been sent a file, and I've forwarded it on to someone else using my iPhone, and it's become corrupted during that process. The person I've sent it to can't open the file or if they can it's just nonsense.

Get back to my PC and try the same thing, forwarding the files and it works fine.

I'm sure if we all had macs it would be fine. But using it in conjunction with Windows PCs that use GMail doesn't seem to work very well at all.

Edited by Stevo985

The things that iOS does well, it does very very well.

It is simple, (My 4 year old has had the iPad sussed out from about 18 months old)  and does what you want it to do at the push of a button. For those who want a beautiful looking premium handset, that does what it is told when it is told to do it, it is great.

I don't like the menu layout -  lack of customisation, lack of widgets and folders, the fact that NFC is only just available and is locked down so stringently.... the fact that the opportunities to customise the handset is limited to what case I put on it and that fundamentally, everyone's iPhone looks and behaves identically.  But what I also know is that if someone offered me an Anroid smartphone in an iPhone 6 or 6 plus body, I would snap their hands off for it.

The things that iOS does well, it does very very well.

It is simple, (My 4 year old has had the iPad sussed out from about 18 months old)  and does what you want it to do at the push of a button. For those who want a beautiful looking premium handset, that does what it is told when it is told to do it, it is great.

I don't like the menu layout -  lack of customisation, lack of widgets and folders, the fact that NFC is only just available and is locked down so stringently.... the fact that the opportunities to customise the handset is limited to what case I put on it and that fundamentally, everyone's iPhone looks and behaves identically.  But what I also know is that if someone offered me an Anroid smartphone in an iPhone 6 or 6 plus body, I would snap their hands off for it.

Apple has always been very good at making their stuff look amazing. That's one thing I'd never take away from them.

The iPhone is still one of the best looking phones out there.

Even stuff like their laptops too. I bought a laptop yesterday (see other thread) and while I was in the shop I had a look at some macbooks and they are so beautiful.

Not enough to justify me dropping a grand on one. But undeniably great looking machines.

Â