Sunderland

Richard

He does actually. He's an over the shoulder striker so it'll suit him down to the ground.

And whereas Melt face didn't work out, I think it's slightly specious to suggest Redknob == Sam.

The only comparison is that Blunderland are also run like shit. But the main point is that irrespective of whether Sam keeps them up or not, what we do know is that he now won't be keeping us up.

BFS will get kev nolan in soon, hes got no club, thats for sure ,he may get joey barton, they will stand a chance of staying up if they do,,lets face it, them pair would boss our current pillow punching midfield ,3 points to sunderland as i see it, good move by sunderland, its not working so change it.. us on the other hand........

Big Sam is a good manager, not a miracle worker. I am not too concerned.

Their squad man for man is pretty abysmal from a football point of view, not even taking into account the characters they have all through the team. Ranging from pissheads and pisstakers AJ, Cattermole,Fletch, Graham to loose cannons like MVila and Lens.

He will sign his dressing room lieutenant for sure but he is 3 years past his sell by date himself, to go with O Shea, Kaboul, Brown and Defoe.

They are doomed.

Yeah I think so. I'd be worried if I was Bournemouth. I think they're most likely next in the firing line to replace them in the bottom 3. Especially given their terrible luck with injuries to their key players.

This idea that Sunderland are going to stay up just because Allardyce has kept teams up in the past, doesn't make sense to me. It'd be like us bringing in Ferguson as manager and people saying we're going to challenge for the title.

This idea that Sunderland are going to stay up just because Allardyce has kept teams up in the past, doesn't make sense to me. It'd be like us bringing in Ferguson as manager and people saying we're going to challenge for the title.

Thats nothing a like. Moving 1place in the league (where the budget is very similar or more than some teams around you) is not similar moving 16 places in the league to finish first.

Why does it look like were going down? Because we make defensive error after defensive error. Why does it look like sunderland going down? Because theyre making defensive error after defensive error. Pulis/Fat sam will reduce these errors so much and they have great experience with it. (pretty sure fatSam is very stat orientated aswell so the style is "proven"). Wouldnt be surprised to see them finish higher than us now.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 4

It's not a direct comparison but it is a comparison that illustrates the idea that just because a manager has done something at one club doesn't mean he's going to do it at the club he's at now, especially when his current club is in quite a state. I just don't get this idea that Sunderland are going to stay up just because they've appointed Allardyce.

I don't see him as step up from Advocaat. They'll get some 'new manager bounce' before reverting back to their normal selves. Not saying they're doomed by the way, I didn't think they were doomed before, just that, Allardyce doesn't guarantee them survival.

Edited by useless

It's about as tenuous as a comparison can be. Sam is 4pts from safety with 30 league games to go and needs to climb 2 places over some of the worst sides in the league. Some decent organisation and some competent performances will achieve that.

To compare that with people suggesting Fergie would come in and have us challenging for the league ... well it's more than a bit silly IMHO.

• Like 1

i think its a really stupid comparison.

People also arnt saying sunderland are going to stay up 100%, i imagine most people just think their % of staying up will be greater than others due to the FatSam. I personally think its higher than us now if things keep going the way they are with sherwood. I dont know much about advocaat previous managment but i would definitely place fatSam ahead of Keane/MON/di canio/poyet/Advocaat and if all them combined have managed to keep sunderland up for so many years, i dont see why FatSam couldnt whos got tons of experience at this and is generally a good manager. (great manager compared to some of those that have been listed)

As it stands I think Sunderland had a good chance of finishing above us, before they even replaced Advocaat. But that's more of a reflection on us under Sherwood than it is on how well Sunderland will do under Allardyce or would have done under Advocaat.

It's about as tenuous as a comparison can be. Sam is 4pts from safety with 30 league games to go and needs to climb 2 places over some of the worst sides in the league. Some decent organisation and some competent performances will achieve that.

To compare that with people suggesting Fergie would come in and have us challenging for the league ... well it's more than a bit silly IMHO.

It's not a direct comparison but It's comparison that illustrates the idea that just because a manager has done something at one club doesn't mean he's going to do it at the club he's at now, especially when his current club is in quite a state. If Sunderland were in danger under Advocaat (himself a good manager) then they're going to be in danger under Allardyce, I mean Allardyce really isn't that much of a step up, if a step up, at all.

Well thanks for pointing out to us that Ferguson couldn't get Scarborough to win the prem.

I think youre under rating FatSam so much. I think fatSam, through his managment/defensive discipline can gain sunderland 6-10 points through draws or nicking the odd win. They looked utter dreadful in nearly every game this season under advocaat. The defense was in such shambles that fatSam will clearly be an upgrade in that department

im just repeating myself so ill shhh now

Edited by gharperr

I get what you're comparing. As I said, I think it's very tenuous and it slightly twists what people are even saying. Let's see how it all pans out. No doubt we'll be down there watching Sunderland's every move with interest all season as a direct rival.

Â