The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

mate of mine won two tickets for the Who tomorrow night off a radio station and has asked me to go with him

I saw them last year at the O2 but It seemed rude to decline when I had nothing else on  for tomorrow

Bloc party in brum tonight

When they pull out the old stuff they're a great band, the new members are good enough, drummer is fine (in more ways than one...)

Problem was the setlist, they threw in some of the shite (Mercury, octopus) and in general I think 3 times built it up by playing 2/3 great songs on the trot (song for clay, banquet, one more chance) but then let it drop with a slow song off the new album

Still looked a decent tour, really mixed it up every night, wish I'd seen them more than once

I saw bloc party a few times, the first time I watched them sober I really enjoyed them, didnt really know the songs too well but they put in a pretty good show. I get the feeling Kele might be a bit power crazed for half of the band being replaced.

he did a couple of interviews suggesting one of the two that left liked coke a bit too much, given that the first single off this album is that horrific love within i would agree that kele is trying to edge the band towards his solo stuff which was shite dance stuff, expecting more like flux and one more chance...but the problem with the new album IMO is so much of it is middle of the road

50 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

id be shit scared...

You'd need to be mashed at a gig like that.

You'd be onboard.

Let's not kid ourselves, you'd feckin love it.

:P

Edited by Xann

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off to Glasgow tomorrow morning for 2 days of the country to country festival. Eric Church, kacey musgraves, Chris Stapleton,  Dwight Yoakum,  miranda lambert, ashley Monroe and a couple of others. 

stone roses booked for the 18th june at the etihad. been humming and harring about it for a bit.

My all time favourites but I just didn't fancy a stadium gig. Seen them in Manchester the last time and Squire was incredible.

Â