Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shillzz

Is it just me or is Bacuna really really shite?

He's having a nightmare today, worst he's look yet

Sorry but he was absolutely atrocious against Liverpool, far worse than today, today I'd just say he has been 'poor', i.e. at the level of everyone else in claret and blue on the pitch.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

But we are supposed to be a premier league side capable of competing in the league.

Competing for what though?

The best we can hope for this season is 8th, sad but true, that's the way football has gone in recent years, gone are the days where anyone can beat anyone in the premier league and you can challenge near the top only a year after a poor season.

Man City are arguably competing for the Champions League this season.

As for some comparing this to McLeish, it's MAN CITY! If we were performing like this and going for a 0-0 at home to someone like, say Fulham, then it would be comparable to McLeish. I'm absolutely fine with trying to get a point at home to Man City, one of the best teams in the world, especially since 4 of our most important attacking options aren't playing.

• Like 1

Some of these comments are a joke - we're you expecting us to dominate against Man City?.

Were you expecting us to play 5 at the back,at home,defend for 90 minutes and hold your head up at the end and say we lost but we didn't look that bad,it is man city after all.

obviously the plan was to hold them to nil-nil and try and grab a breakaway goal. Realistically it was our best chance of getting anything

I can't believe some here think it's ok to play like this just because it's Man City. Can't understand that thinking. We might just forfeit then.

Just put up a fight guys. Don't play scared. Try to create something.

Neither can I,how much a team cost should not dictate your poor performance on the field.

• Like 1

Some of these comments are a joke - we're you expecting us to dominate against Man City?.

Were you expecting us to play 5 at the back,at home,defend for 90 minutes and hold your head up at the end and say we lost but we didn't look that bad,it is man city after all.

obviously the plan was to hold them to nil-nil and try and grab a breakaway goal. Realistically it was our best chance of getting anything

Then its a sad day in Villas history.

I can't believe some here think it's ok to play like this just because it's Man City. Can't understand that thinking. We might just forfeit then.

Just put up a fight guys. Don't play scared. Try to create something.

Neither can I,how much a team cost should not dictate your poor performance on the field.

It has nothing to do with how much the team cost, but how much better than us they are. Obviously no Villa fan wants us to only get a point or snatch a win from this game, but sadly and realistically, that's all we can do, because we ain't that good!

We have bags of potential in our side imo, but for the next couple years we need to bite the bullet and have a few rough years whilst we build back to where we should be.

• Like 1