Libor Kozák

samjp26

I don't think he's the only bright spark of Lambert's signings. Everyone was saying the same about Bacuna when he scores a couple.

How good a player is fluctuates wildly depending on whether they score or not.

Or whether they put in a string of consistently good performances...

I don't think he's the only bright spark of Lambert's signings. Everyone was saying the same about Bacuna when he scores a couple.

How good a player is fluctuates wildly depending on whether they score or not.

Or whether they put in a string of consistently good performances...

You're missing my point.

Look at Bacuna. After his debut, he was given shit. Then he played a bit and scored and he's a good buy. Then he had a bad patch and was dropped and he's mentioned as a bad signing again. It goes up and down and it's the same for every player.

I though funds should have been invested elsewhere at the time. Have to say he's keeping us going at the moment - although todays goal was handed to him on a plate - I would have zero confidence of Weimam\Albrighton\Tonev or Bentke in current form  putting it away.......he's the perfect player for us - because he doesn't need much service !!!

For me another display heskey would have been given stick for.

For the first hour I saw him hold the ball up well twice and then he was gifted a goal.

Another player who trys hard but lacks the quality we need.

And yet he is our joint top scorer Edited by sir_gary_cahill

For the first hour I saw him hold the ball up well twice and then he was gifted a goal.

Heskey scored 1 goal in the league in his last season with us. Kozak has 4 already.

And yet he is our second top scorer

I think that shows how atrocious our attacking players have been.

Don't get me wrong, he's shown he can get into good positions but I don't think we will do much when he plays like he did today.

Heskey scored 1 goal in the league in his last season with us. Kozak has 4 already.

I've said he seems to get into good positions. 2 of those 4 goals were absolute gifts. I don't think he's overall game helps the team and like today he got a goal but we played poorly and lost.

Don't get me wrong, he's shown he can get into good positions but I don't think we will do much when he plays like he did today.

I think he's shown that he's a good finisher, he knows where the goal is and gets into very good positions, I'd back him to get a least 10 more goals this season, if he is given enough game time

I think he's shown that he's a good finisher, he knows where the goal is and gets into very good positions, I'd back him to get a least 10 more goals this season, if he is given enough game time

Yeah looks decent in terms of positioning and finishing. But if that's all we wanted from a player we could have kept bent.

I think we need more and like today him scoring did nothing to get us any points.

Yeah looks decent in terms of positioning and finishing. But if that's all we wanted from a player we could have kept bent.

I think we need more and like today him scoring did nothing to get us any points.

You missed the work rate part, which is what got him a goal today that bent wouldn't have scored.

You missed the work rate part, which is what got him a goal today that bent wouldn't have scored.

I think it had more to do with a defensive error than him working hard.

If we were capable of consistently putting good crosses into the box from both flanks Kozak would be a constant threat.

That would actually mean having a system of play that produces crosses into the opposing team's box from both flanks.

I think it had more to do with a defensive error than him working hard.

He challenged for the header, then ran to block a back pass. It was a defensive error obviously, but he helped cause it by running in front of begovic. If he hadn't done that there would've been no error

If we were capable of consistently putting good crosses into the box from both flanks Kozak would be a constant threat.

That would actually mean having a system of play that produces crosses into the opposing team's box from both flanks.
That would mean having a system

BJ I usually agree with a lot what you say - but I think you are underestimating the effect of his non stop battering ram approach has on players. I genuinely he grinds them into submission - true its not pretty - and he is no RVP - but right now as we may be entering a relegation scrap - I think he could prove invaluable.  

Kozak is much more valuable to us on the pitch than Benteke right now. Even if we lost today, it looks like the team plays better with him up front.

Oh yeah, and please not another Bent brawl guys.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Â