Libor Kozák

samjp26

How did he play? Sounded awful in the thread. Seems to get chances and has taken them to be fair to him. Surely has to play as a front 2 when he next plays.

Awkward at times but he seemed to have two men on him, a steady performance and good goal. Growing into a good player.

His celebration was epic, shame he had to come straight off and I hope he realises it was the good of the team.

Shouldn't have been subbed IMO

I know the decision had been made before the goal but to take him off before the restart was harsh.

Definitely contributing this season. Looking to be a good signing at that price.

His celebration was epic, shame he had to come straight off and I hope he realises it was the good of the team.

Shouldn't have been subbed IMO

I know the decision had been made before the goal but to take him off before the restart was harsh.

Definitely contributing this season. Looking to be a good signing at that price.

It wasn't harsh in my opinion, Benteke was probably coming on to try and get a goal but at the same time he'd be needed to do a job in holding up the ball which Kozak wasn't able to do that well.

It was for the team and like I said, I would hope Kozak understand this, I'm sure he does though.

Still loved his celebration, clearly meant something to him!

Last time we'd 4 strikers capable of scoring?

Last season?

Benteke

Weimann

Gabby

Bent 

;)

Ah ya but Bent wasn't in the rotation really. I think Lamberts willing to give all these lads a fair crack.

Interesting to see who out of him and Benteke starts against Fulham now.

Got to be Kozak, he's the one who scored tonight and Benteke didn't really show anything to suggest he should be starting on Sunday.

Interesting to see who out of him and Benteke starts against Fulham now.

Got to be Kozak, he's the one who scored tonight and Benteke didn't really show anything to suggest he should be starting on Sunday.

I don't know. I thought Benteke looked like he had that desire when he came on but with our strikers being so isolated tonight, he didn't have enough of the ball to prove a lot. I'd probably keep Kozak for Fulham but I'd be happy with Benteke also.

Well, Gabby will keep his place that is for sure. It all depends on how we try to play I guess, personally I'd play Benteke but in all fairness Kozak does not deserve to get dropped.

Think we should play 4-3-3, if we do then I'd go with Benteke. We go with 2 strikers and I'd go with Gabby and Kozak.

Kozak does what he says on the tin. He is a very limited forward but stick it in the mixer and bosh. We put one decent cross in tonight and he put it away. The guys a beast, if you put a good cross in then he can score, it really is that simple with kozak.

Kozak does what he says on the tin. He is a very limited forward but stick it in the mixer and bosh. We put one decent cross in tonight and he put it away. The guys a beast, if you put a good cross in then he can score, it really is that simple with kozak.

Lambert doesn't typically buy that type of player though. He emphasizes more complete players like vlaar and Clark, decent passing cbs, in defense ahead of the likes dunne, and Guzan in goal, with better distribution than given. Also, look at benteke vs bent. That's why I doubt kozak really is just a poacher, I don't think lambert would've gone for him. He'll probably eventually show more in the build up than he currently is.

To be fair, he's played in that 532 formation versus City and Soton for both of his starts. Hard to look good when your strike partner is looking for your scraps and your midfield is a mile away

• Like 1

He isn't a poacher and was never such at Lazio. Though I can see why people might think he is that type of forward based solely on what they've seen of him here...

Edited by Isa

I'd like to see a front three of Albrighton, Kozak and Tonev start a match one time and see how that goes.

I think it'd work quite well and they'd compliment each other.

In a Cup match or even a reserve match maybe, just to see how the three would link up.

I like Kozak, he seems to be quite brave.

• Like 1

Â