Libor Kozák

samjp26

Not a starter for me at this point in time. As long as Benteke can walk he comes straight back in against Spurs.

Long term he'll be fine. Won't be a goal a game man like Benny pretty much is but I reckon he'll have the knack of scoring important goals.

• Like 1

Seems to like making little first-time touches and layoffs to players near him. Unfortunately, we've not really had the players to make good use of that for, um, ever. Extremely interested to see him play with Benteke.

• Like 1

I hope Kozak isn't seen as benteke replacement next summer. The decision behind this signing was that it allows us to play the same way when Benteke is out, but it doesn't. He's not strong enough, he's not good enough in the air and he's not quick enough.

I'm not writing him off but i am questioning the logic behind spending the money we did on him.

Kozak was meant as a Benteke replacement (if/when he leaves), but not to replace him this soon. Give him a bit of time.

Is he because Benteke will be here all season and surely hes been bought for this season mainly as cover.

I hope Kozak isn't seen as benteke replacement next summer. The decision behind this signing was that it allows us to play the same way when Benteke is out, but it doesn't. He's not strong enough, he's not good enough in the air and he's not quick enough.

I'm not writing him off but i am questioning the logic behind spending the money we did on him.

I think people last season questioned the amount of money we spent on Benteke. He got a goal in his first appearance - funnily enough just like Libor did. Then after that he didn't do brilliantly, missed a few chances etc... and people questioned whether he was worth the 7m we paid for him. 

Now look at Benteke. An absolute monster. We need to give Kozak a chance - just like we needed to (and gave) Benteke a chance.

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 3

Everyone thought Helenius was Benteke's replacement when we signed him, soon became clear he wasn't, Kozak might not be either as I really can't believe if Benteke leaves next summer for 30m + we won't spend some of that on a new striker.

What's clear is Lambert likes having lots of strikers around, 5 minimum and obviously two of those can play in wider positons.

Had one eye on the game today, thought he looked OK to be honest, maybe I didn't see a lot of the bad stuff.

He absolutely monstered someone off the ball in the first half and we probably would have scored had Luna not rampaged offside, he got a bit excited I think.

I like Kozak anyway, we'll see how he gets on.

• Like 1

The hate Kozak is getting is ridiculous. As I mentioned numerous times, Kozak is not good enough to make his own chances. I knew when I saw our midfield, Kozak would likely not have a great game. He is not like Benteke. He cannot make his own chances. He is a striker that needs the players around him creating chances and he will score most of them. 

• Like 1

The hate Kozak is getting is ridiculous. As I mentioned numerous times, Kozak is not good enough to make his own chances. I knew when I saw our midfield, Kozak would likely not have a great game. He is not like Benteke. He cannot make his own chances. He is a striker that needs the players around him creating chances and he will score most of them. 

But surely with his height and presence he should be able to win more headers than he does and hold the ball up. Also his first touch is atrocious. 

But surely with his height and presence he should be able to win more headers than he does and hold the ball up. Also his first touch is atrocious. 

Yes you expect him to be able to do the basics like control a football. Its easy to put the blame on the midfield who I think did ok today.

Edited by PaulC

What I like about Kozak is his first touch. He is a technical target man. A number of times he took a long ball and trapped it instantly. What he doesn't have which Benteke does is 1. an ability to create space for himself and shoot from long range, 2. ability to dribble/make surging runs with the ball and shoot. 3. lethal pace. He can hold the ball up and lay it off no problem but with him in the team we need our other attackers to step up their games, make more imaginative moves for him to find them, or we won't be the same kind of attacking threat.

Yes you expect him to be able to do the basics like control a football. Its easy to put the blame on the midfield who I think did ok today.

He miscontroled a ball maybe twice today. I was watching him closely against Hull and he really was not as bad as people are saying. He is not quick so counter attacks will not work with him. He is a big physical forward who thrives when crosses are delivered to him. He doesn't work with our wingers and we don't have a designated attacking mid in the squad.

. He is a striker that needs the players around him creating chances and he will score most of them.

A bit like the chap who was sent down to Fulham then?

. He is a striker that needs the players around him creating chances and he will score most of them.

A bit like the chap who was sent down to Fulham then?

Was just going to say the same thing.

We don't need a striker that needs good service because lambert should know we haven't got the players to provide that service.

The problem is we are comparing him to Benteke, he is no Benteke. However he does have strengths, yesterday he did okay, but he actually needs people to run beyond him. He says himself he needs time to adapt to the pace of the prem, he's done a good job leading the line and if you said to me with CB out we'd have taken 7 points from 9 from the games he was missing. As for Darren Bent he has gone, let him be. He would have made no difference to that game yesterday.

Â