Libor Kozák

samjp26

If you include Kozak and we keep playing the system which has improved our results then neither Kozak, Bowery or Helenius is going to be given much game time if our front three stay fit.

That to me with limited funding available is a total waste of resources. Lambert is creating his own bomb squad for this season rather than actually using the limited finance to improve the first team.

If Kozak does come in then yes it would seem likely that he will for the most part be back up to Benteke this season. Of course in certain games they could also very well play up top together.

As for Bowery he came in for a few hudred thousand from Chesterfield and it may well be he will not make it at this level. I dare say he is on no more than around 5k a week so if he doesn't make it as a Prem player there will be no problem with off loading him. I also think he is seen by Lambert as more of a wide midfielder/attacker much in the same way as Gabby.

As for Helenius it seems that he has been quoted as saying that he has been brought in as a wide attacker or to play just behind the main striker.

With the above in mind I'd say we most definately need someone like Kozak as if Benteke gets injured we currently have no like for like replacement. It should also be remembered that Benteke will almost certainly be off at the end of the season so it is no bad thing if we can bring a potential replacement in for him now and get him up to speed this season whilst Benteke is still here.

The point is though will those players immediately improve the first team considering we have limited finance and we did have Bent who is a proven goalscorer in the Premiership. We could have kept Bent until the end of this season as back up to Benteke leaving us spending whatever finance available on a AM or DM.

Yes i've heard the argument about Bent's wages a million times but he is only out on loan and not sold so we could have him back again at the start of next season anyway.

it just seems to me that for us to improve on last year you must improve the first team which we have with Luna and Okore in defence but improvement is also needed in midfield and our limited finance would have been better spent there than actually purchasing another forward who like Helenius and Bowery may get very limited game time this season.

Yes that Darren Bent who was awful on Saturday. Darren Bent is not worth 80k a week for being a back-up striker. What do you not understand about that? As for this guy joining, as I did with Benteke, I will give the guy a chance. Lambert has obviously seen something in the lad to attempt to bring him in.

Yes the same Darren Bent who has been injured and not yet match fit and you speak of giving a 'guy a chance.'

No but he's proven Premiership quality isn't he. Injured, do me a favour.

• Number of playmakers in first team: 0

There are reasons for that:-

• We don't play with one
  • Good ones are generally very expensive as there are actually so few of them
  • Poor ones are called... midfielders

I think the first point is quite salient. We haven't signed a replacement creative midfielder for the position of creative midfielder that doesn't currently exist in our first team. Oh and there's Tonev.

Not sure I'd consider Ba and Cisse to have been a great partnership. Pardew just moved Ba to the wing and eventually sold him. Can't really remember them having anything like those other partnerships.

Only a manager as astute as Alan Pardew would buy his best strikers international strike partner, then move one of them to the wing.

•  

• We don't play with one

I think the first point is quite salient. We haven't signed a replacement creative midfielder for the position of creative midfielder that doesn't currently exist in our first team. Oh and there's Tonev.

But we just sold Bannan?

• Like 1

Maybe because Lambert is the manager and he will sign players for the positions he wants? Obviously there are limits involved but I expect the type of player he chooses to sign is down to him, and I'll back him if that's what he wants. After all he's the one who manages the team.

As we've seen before though no-one is infallible, not even Lambert so just being the manager of our team doesn't make him right.

If you include Kozak and we keep playing the system which has improved our results then neither Kozak, Bowery or Helenius is going to be given much game time if our front three stay fit.

That to me with limited funding available is a total waste of resources. Lambert is creating his own bomb squad for this season rather than actually using the limited finance to improve the first team.

Who said he was infallible? However, he is the manager and knows a lot more than any of us here do so he does deserve a bit of trust at least.

We have no idea how plays like Helenius and Kozak will be used and in what kind of system. Lambert is the manager, he devises the tactics, not us.

How can you dismiss this is a waste of resources when he hasn't even officially signed for us yet? I mean for **** sake you say he's "creating" his own bomb squad but we've barely seen any of the new recruits get any sort of action bar Okore and Luna (who have both looked decent). Jesus Christ, let's at least wait before players get a bit of game time before writing them off as a waste.

Lambert hasn't proven anything yet other than presiding over a flirtation with relegation and breaking the type of records no-one would want on their CV. So please for **** sake take the halo off lambert for a moment and show a bit of prospective. He has done nothing yet to deserve our trust in him.

Concerning Kozak if you'd looked at my previous posts i did allude to if we sign him and i also mentioned the other new players up front in the context of not getting game time unless due to injuries which is correct is it not, so reign your bloody neck in and stop responding to your own interpretation of my posts rather than what i've actually stated which would make a ******* welcome change.

Edited by Morpheus

• We don't play with one

We can accommodate a playmaker when we play 4-2-3-1. A formation used several times in pre-season. Lambert gave Ireland, Holman and N'Zogbia the chance to establish themselves in that very position last season. If you scout well, then there is no reason why a playmaker cannot be bought within our price range. I reserve an inkling of optimism that we still may bring in an AM in addition to Kozak with both Bannan and Ireland off.

We can accommodate a playmaker when we play 4-2-3-1. A formation used several times in pre-season. Lambert gave Ireland, Holman and N'Zogbia the chance to establish themselves in that very position last season. If you scout well, then there is no reason why a playmaker cannot be bought within our price range. I reserve an inkling of optimism that we still may bring in an AM in addition to Kozak with both Bannan and Ireland off.

That may be true, but our normal formation of 4-3-3 which we use in basically every Premier League game does not have a sub for Benteke, which makes that one hell of a priority in my view.

I'm noticing a lot of people now stating what an important signing this will be, as it is vital we get a like-for-like back up for Benteke.

Now before we were linked with this guy I didn't hear anyone saying 'we need a target man', or 'we need a Benteke back-up'. 

I'm not against the signing, although I do feel a creative midfielder would improve our first XI more than this signing will.

• Like 2

• We don't play with one

Off you go to FM to find one then and I mean a good one, not a Bannan, or an Ireland or an N'zogbia. A good one. In our price range, lets say £6mil tops.

But it'd still be a bit of a waste BECAUSE WE DON'T PLAY WITH ONE and to accommodate one we'd lose the stability we're starting to get in the middle of the park by putting in what would be quite frankly a luxury player. We really play a flat 3 in the centre of the park because it allows us to crowd the middle of the pitch a bit and its showing signs of coming good now but lets throw that all out of the window to get in this fabled AMC.

• Like 2

• We don't play with one

Did you see this formation against Malaga, the one where we led 3-0 and then completely got dominated after they got a foothold in the game, left our defence exposed time and time again.

"He has done nothing yet to deserve our trust in him"

Complete bullshit. He has my total trust.

I think DDID is quoting someone else rather than representing his own opinion 

• Like 1

Â