Our attacking 3 is going to kill teams this season.

Oaks

Thought something similar after the 3-1 away to Liverpool.  :rolleyes:

Did Gab even play in that game?

No but I don't see how that detracts of my point of not getting to carried away.

There was a lot of potential shown in that game between Benteke and Andi, but they were still settling in and Gabby was nowhere to be seen, so the defencive problems and even the midfield didn't really give the attacking threat much time to settle. February onwards we've played 15 games and the front 3 have scored 22 goals, which is almost 1.5 a game and that's not even including assists like Andi and Gabby yesterday.

There's still lots of improvements to be made in this team, but I personally think our front 3 are superb.

Thought something similar after the 3-1 away to Liverpool. :rolleyes:

Our next game after that was Chelsea away..

We all know what happened there, and the run of results which followed. Lets see how much we've progressed, eh?

Benteke, Gabby and Weimann will be too much for most teams this season.  Benteke didn't even play that well yesterday really, and nether did Weimann but they were still too much for Arsenal.  On the days when all three of them are at the top of the game I wouldn't want to defend against them.  Pace, power and shooting ability and from all across the front line.  Scary stuff. 

• Like 3

What's great about the 3 is that when 1 or 2 are not firing the other seems to step up, 

This is the key, we're not overly reliant on one player for goals, we've got three that will make contributions throughout the season. This in part is why I'm not too concerned about our general lack of goal threat from midfield. 

depends, our attack was awesome under MON, problem was he relied on counter attacking, which when you are winning at the emirates and OT is great, when it doesn't work at home to wigan its frustrating as ****

don't think its something we'll suffer from under lambert but I do want to see how good we are when we are the dominant team playing vs 10 men behind the ball, that's where I think we still might need someone to play a number 10 role (be it helenius, tonev or someone new)

• Like 3

I hope the OP is right, but only time will tell.

What struck me most yesterday (vs. Arsenal) was the less the skill than the pace, coordination, and pure kinetic energy of our offense. Our counter-attacks looked like 50m sprints, with a line of men -- you could almost draw a perfectly straight line across the pitch to visualise this -- scampering at blinding speed towards Arsenal's defense the very moment the counter-attack started. I kept thinking, "Young guys who can run fast. Cool."

Of course, I'm a thick American when it comes to "soccer," so perhaps this is fairly typical counter-attacking tactic? But I don't feel like I've seen it much with other teams recently.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

One of the best attacking 3's in the Premiership IMO, though defensively and still in areas of the midfield will are still lacking. I'll add in as well Guzan is one of the best keepers in the Premiership, his commandance of his area is just **** ridiculous. 

There's a negative thread on this forum about our defencive problems, so I've decided to counter act that by looking at our positive area of our team, the front 3.

Ah yeah.

Legitimate criticism of the defence should not only be overlooked, but counter acted against.  :rolleyes:

How about we stop covering our eyes and talk realistically about both strengths and weaknesses?

There's a negative thread on this forum about our defencive problems, so I've decided to counter act that by looking at our positive area of our team, the front 3.

Ah yeah.

Legitimate criticism of the defence should not only be overlooked, but counter acted against.  :rolleyes:

How about we stop covering our eyes and talk realistically about both strengths and weaknesses?

No one has overlooked the weaknesses of our defence, it still looked in the opening 20 minutes against Arsenal very shaky indeed. I'm somehow still in shock we managed to keep a clean sheet when Baker came off and Clark and Vlaar were our central defensive pairing.

Edited by Avflife

Ah yeah.

Errr that was the point of the thread. In the OP I mentioned our "defencive problems" I decided to balance it off by praising what we are good at, and our top 3

Â