Our attacking 3 is going to kill teams this season.

Oaks

I find this thread so ironically hilarious. Originally setup as the optimistic response to the "defensive positioning is going to kill us" thread, when in reality neither thread came to fruition. The front three has been injured and ineffective, the defense has been really solid event without okore and the midfield outside of Westwood can't pass anywhere but back to the CBs, which is probably the biggest issue but didn't get a thread.

• Like 1

Yeah this thread is about as successful as our defensive problem one.

I will say that poor form and injuries have caused problems to our forward line, but it's quite clear we are way to defensive at 0-0. We've only scored the first goal twice and only truly look a threat when we have to gamble because we are losing.

A lot of supporters were moaning about our defence and lack of clean sheets at the start of the season, I said I didn't care as long as we get results...in fact I was enjoying the roller coaster. I wonder if these fans feel the same way.

Is our improvement in defence to blame for our poor form in attack? It's our across like we can only have one or the other.

I'm struggling to see why our defence being better means weimman now can't control a ball or that Benteke just can't create or finish chances at the moment.

Is our improvement in defence to blame for our poor form in attack? It's our across like we can only have one or the other.

I'm struggling to see why our defence being better means weimman now can't control a ball or that Benteke just can't create or finish chances at the moment.

It might be them not having as much time and space now we are not paying as open a game. 

Really, we just need Benteke to play better or Kozak to play better. Whoever is in that target man role needs to hold the ball up and link play, win some headers, get on the end of something in the box.

With Benteke constantly out dueled and not being able to do simple things like hold up the ball without it bouncing five times off his chest, the attack will suffer. Obviously, it's a problem that the others can't create without him but we sort of knew that already

Our biggest problem last season was the midfield, and it still is this season.

The front 3 are all underperforming and if/when they start firing we'll score more goals, but as long as they have to create all their own chanses we'll struggle 

I started that thread. I'm happy that the problems didn't persist.

Lambo must have read that thread and taken note  B)  B)

I started that thread. I'm happy that the problems didn't persist.

Lambo must have read that thread and taken note  B)  B)

Heh. Wish he would read this one, then. ;)

I'm unsure if the defence has improved meaning the defensive players have improved individually and as a unit.....or we have improved defensively as a team meaning we are getting more players to concentrate on the defensive side of the game leading to abandoning the offensive side to some degree....inadvertently of course.

When some teams "park the bus" its not that they have individually improved just that through sheer numbers just crowd out or disrupt the opposition....its usually not a great measurement of improved performance more improved results....and its usually very untidy play.

Â