Weekends Football 17/18 August

Czechlad

Still playing the village idiot I see.

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway: "I've got to learn what a foul is because I thought Nacer Chadli deliberately bodychecked Stephen Dobbie, smashed him down, and ran off with the ball."If the referee didn't see that, the assistant should have. You have to ask if he's good enough if he didn't see that. I don't see how he can miss that."A minute and a half later, we're arguing over whether it was deliberate handball."I don't understand how it was a penalty, or how Dean Moxey could have got out of the way of it. I had three players right behind him."It's going to be a long hard season for me with these people (referees). I had this with Blackpool. Certain clubs get fouls and others don't. Tottenham will feel that if they play Man United."Do I think I would have got that at Tottenham? No I don't. I just want a bit of fairness. I want a foul like anyone else would have got one."I've got a horrible taste in my mouth after that."He added: "We need to be more adventurous. We haven't had a good pre-season. Half of them aren't fit, which is why Marouane Chamakh wasn't picked."We had a great chance at the end with Kagisho Dikgacoi and didn't take it. We've got to learn very quickly."

The rule for handball

the referee to consider the proximity of the potential offender to the person last playing the ball, the speed of the ball and importantly whether the offender's arms are in a natural or unnatural position

**** me. You can say what you like about the predictability of some premier league matches, but compared to the absolute joke that is the spanish league, we've got it pretty good.

I wouldnt be surprised if Barcelona and Real Madrid set aside a small portion of their budget to bribe opposition teams. What an absolute farce that league is.

Â