The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

I was watching Liverpool vs Everton yesterday after the Villa match and I gotta say that 'You'll never walk alone' anthem before the game sounds great.

It has probably been said time and time again, but it would be great if Villa had a pre-game anthem like this, something slow and meaningful where the whole crowd can join in.

Agree

I do agree, but YNWA is obviously engraved into the culture of Liverpool FC, the fans sing it with passion because it means something to all of them.

If we introduced something, it'd just be a pre game sing along.

You're right about the fact that it would at first be only a pre game sing along, but say 15-20 years down the track, it too could become apart of the Villa culture and meaning.

The song just has to be appropriate and meaningful, and with time it will develop into a club anthem in which the entire crowd can sing along with passionately.

It is at least worth a try, as it would definitely add to the atmosphere as is seen with Liverpool's pre-game anthem. It would take some considerable effort to develop, but with the right support it is surely something to consider.

Sunderland sing

Darren Bent is fast as lightning,

Darren Bent is red and white,

He gets the ball,

He scores a goal,

He's **** dynamite!

easily edited to

Darren Bent is fast as lightning,

Darren Bent is claret and blue,

He gets the ball,

He scores a goal,

He's **** dynamite!

personally think he needs a new chant though.

I was watching Liverpool vs Everton yesterday after the Villa match and I gotta say that 'You'll never walk alone' anthem before the game sounds great.

It has probably been said time and time again, but it would be great if Villa had a pre-game anthem like this, something slow and meaningful where the whole crowd can join in.

Agree

I personally think we need to use 'oh when the Villa go marching in' but the slow version that builds up over about two verses then goes into the normal version. It's very apt to sing that just before the players are walking out and can you imagine the whole ground singing it?

ohhhh whenn the villaaaaaaaaaaa

go marching innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

ohhh whenn the viiillllaaaa goooo maaarrcchhhiiing iinnnn

i wannnaaa beeeeeeee innnnn theee numbeerrrrr

ohhhh when the villlaaaaa goooo marrrching innnnnnnnn

Providing he signs of course...

To the tune of 'Give It Up' by K.C & The Sunshine Band

Na na na na na na na na na na na na

Darren Darren Bent

Darren Bent

Darren Darren Bent

Or, you know when someone is down injured and everyone sings 'let him die let him die let him die' well imagine that tune

Darren Bent Darren Bent Darren Bent

And if he doesn't sign then Darren Bent what a w4nker what a w4nker would be suitable lol.

This is the one boys!

To the tune of my old man's a dustman:

Darren Bent joined Villa, for eighteen million,

He's our record signing, and he's not Brazilian,

He scores with his left foot, he scores with his right,

Dazza's always scoring, 'cos he's **** dynamite.

Oh....Darren Bent joined Villa, for eighteen million

Feel free to join in any time you like guys :D

Agree

I personally think we need to use 'oh when the Villa go marching in' but the slow version that builds up over about two verses then goes into the normal version. It's very apt to sing that just before the players are walking out and can you imagine the whole ground singing it?

Yeh, that would sound great sung slowly...a slower pace chant not only lasts longer, but has a different kind of effect, so who knows why so many of them are rushed through nowadays.

Here's the spurs version of that chant sung slowly to begin with and gradually gaining momentum.

Agree

Yeh, that would sound great sung slowly...a slower pace chant not only lasts longer, but has a different kind of effect, so who knows why so many of them are rushed through nowadays.

Here's the spurs version of that chant sung slowly to begin with and gradually gaining momentum.

Stealing straight from the yiddos? Cringe....

We can come up with something better. I'll come back when I've thought of something, you do the same!

Agree

Stealing straight from the yiddos? Cringe....

We can come up with something better. I'll come back when I've thought of something, you do the same!

That's true, we can come up with something more original, despite that chant being used pretty much all over the world.

In a sense you want something unique. I'll have a search around tomorrow mate and see what I can find. :)

To the tune of Johhny Cash - Ring of Fire

Bent, he's a Goal Machine.

Playing, For the world's best team.

Scoring, With Wild Desire.

He's our Villa Park messiah.

Work in some 'na na na's' in there too and your all set.

--------------

I Know it may be a bit quick to be labeling him a 'messiah' considering he hasn't even signed yet but have a feeling he will lead us away from relegation and back to challenging top 4 next year.

Darren Bent for Villa, he wears the Claret and Blue

He cost a load of WONGA, but he's better than Carew

He can score with his left foot, he can score with his right

And when he's down Broad Street he'll score all ****ing night!

Â