Manchester United

BOF

If they do get Shaw the first thing they'll do is convert him into a CB.

maybe they should bid it all on Sir Tackle Goals instead ;)

Jay Rodriguez is good enough for Man Utd.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit to suggest the first thing Man Utd will do with Shaw is convert him into a CB.

If they get him it may not literally be the first thing but I would not be surprised if he is played a few times a CB next season.

He would be England's Sergio Ramos.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit to suggest the first thing Man Utd will do with Shaw is convert him into a CB.

If they get him it may not literally be the first thing but I would not be surprised if he is played a few times a CB next season.

Why would they do that when he would be there no 1 lb? He is better going forward than defensively and if anything could play on the wing. He doesn't have the stature for cb.

Why would they do that when he would be there no 1 lb? He is better going forward than defensively and if anything could play on the wing. He doesn't have the stature for cb.

6'1" is far tall enough to play in the middle and he is well built and athletic.

He also has the ball skills for a modern CB and could develop like Stones at Everton. 

One of shaws greatest attributes is his pace, another is his crossing. He could probably be a good CB, but that'd waste a lot of things he does well.

To be fair Shaw is 29/141 for accurate crosses this season.

The point is, CB is the most influential position in the team. It's where you want your best defender to be even if he is good at all sorts of things other than heading and clearances.

Vincent Kompany and Sergio Ramos could knock in a cross or two. 

his 200% goals to game stat is probably what has ticked Con ;)

my thoughts exactly.

Con doesn't watch football. He scans "who scored.com" after every game and bases all his opinions on that

• Like 1

Ridiculous, it's like suggesting the first thing Tottenham would've done with Bale was convert him to CB, it ain't gonna happen as it won't get anywhere near the best out of him.

If Shaw is to be converted to a new position, it's much more likely he'll be pushed further up the pitch to play on the wing where he can hurt players with his dribbling and pace. Not to mention he's not great defensively so would get massively shown up at CB.

And I'm pretty sure Utd will buy an actual CB instead of spending £27m to play a LB out of position.

Ridiculous, it's like suggesting the first thing Tottenham would've done with Bale was convert him to CB, it ain't gonna happen as it won't get anywhere near the best out of him.

If Shaw is to be converted to a new position, it's much more likely he'll be pushed further up the pitch to play on the wing where he can hurt players with his dribbling and pace. Not to mention he's not great defensively so would get massively shown up at CB.

And I'm pretty sure Utd will buy an actual CB instead of spending £27m to play a LB out of position.

Edit: I've reposted in the new Shaw thread so we don't derail this one with Shaw discussion.

Edited by Con

Giggs in Noordwijk (van Gaal's home town), surely to be van Gaal and Giggs as assistant for United. Should be interesting for next season

Hey, I was there last year! We stayed at the Hotel next door called the Golden Tulip.

I was on a cycling holiday though, not meeting the future manager of Man United :(

• Like 1

Saw a sky sports news reporter chase van gaal down a road earlier shoving a microphone in his face and asking questions that he's already said he can't answer. I understand they want a quote from him but I find it pretty disrespectful to the Dutch national side and the press are hardly getting off on the right foot with van gaal.

I don't think the Van Gaal era is going to end well. The first rough patch they hit, the players will be crying for Moyes to come back. Their players have gone soft.

Giggs has also retired from playing. 

13 Premier Leagues

4 FA Cups

4 League Cups

2 Champions Leagues

9 Community Shields

1 Fifa World Club Cup

1 European Super Cup

1 Intercontinental cup

953 games for United and 168 goals.

64 games for Wales and 12 goals.

Quite a record.