VillaGoMarching

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who else can they get on thag level though? He wi score goals and a team of him son and maddison will be a real handful

Funnily enough, I think Pavlidis could do a job for them though I think Ange prefers a more dynamic striker.

I don't know - for me - I think Levy will look at the situation with all the injuries, Son and Bissouma out with international duty and see what place they're at. If they're midtable at that time, I think he will just wait it out.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its caught up with them.  Been fairly fortunate with injuries up until now

Custard Bowl Nobbers getting the benefit first, let’s see what they do.

Maddison out until January now confirmed, that will be a big blow for them. He has started the season well for them, and contributed well to their creativity.

Losing Van der Ven for a while at the same time. Not quite as catastrophic as us losing Mings and Buendia for the season before it really started though. Although we had the transfer window open to try and cover the losses.

Maddison out until January according to the BBC

James Maddison has been ruled out until January with an ankle injury, Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou has confirmed.

The 26-year-old midfielder has withdrawn from the England squad for November's Euro 2024 qualifiers.

He sustained the injury in Tottenham's chaotic 4-1 defeat by Chelsea in the Premier League on Monday.

"Fair to say a fair bit happened after Monday," said Postecoglou, who revealed defender Micky van de Ven would also be out until the new year.

edit. I see it has already been discussed on earlier page. I am a bit late with the news. 

Edited by NeilS
See comment

Media is going to make it seem like it's this unprecedented disaster because they'll no doubt start sliding down the table, but many of the top teams including us have been contending with injuries like this. Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno were all starters for us. We have the squad to cope, they don't which they'll soon find.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Media is going to make it seem like it's this unprecedented disaster because they'll no doubt start sliding down the table, but many of the top teams including us have been contending with injuries like this. Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno were all starters for us. We have the squad to cope, they don't which they'll soon find.

True but the media don't care about us, only the Pep's, Klopps, an of ofcourse there new favourite, big Ange.

We could finsh top 4 and it wouldn't be mentioned we did it without 3 of our top players.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Maddison has been one of the players of the season so is irreplaceable. It wouid be like us losing Luiz really. 

Feel bad for him tbh, very gifted player but struggling to remember the last time he went a season without a lengthy injury. 

Yeah Spurs will drop now, we should get at least a draw down there and think Wolves will get something off them tomorrow. Then after that they have Man. City-West Ham-Newcastle in 7 day period.

Will still just about put out a decent first 11 but bench is going to be full of kids for next six weeks.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They will sign toney in jan ny prediction 

Brentford will probably be above Spurs by the time Jan comes around. He's also coming off six months of inactivity so I can't see any team signing him in Jan, summer far more likely.

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

Maddison out until January now confirmed, that will be a big blow for them. He has started the season well for them, and contributed well to their creativity.

Losing Van der Ven for a while at the same time. Not quite as catastrophic as us losing Mings and Buendia for the season before it really started though. Although we had the transfer window open to try and cover the losses.

Maddison out until January according to the BBC

James Maddison has been ruled out until January with an ankle injury, Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou has confirmed.

The 26-year-old midfielder has withdrawn from the England squad for November's Euro 2024 qualifiers.

He sustained the injury in Tottenham's chaotic 4-1 defeat by Chelsea in the Premier League on Monday.

"Fair to say a fair bit happened after Monday," said Postecoglou, who revealed defender Micky van de Ven would also be out until the new year.

edit. I see it has already been discussed on earlier page. I am a bit late with the news. 

Van der Ven is a huge blow and its them losing Mings. He doesnt have the same brain but is faster than Mings

Worse loss than Maddison

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Van der Ven is a huge blow and its them losing Mings. He doesnt have the same brain but is faster than Mings

Worse loss than Maddison

Yeah Van der Ven is integral to their style of play both in terms of his contribution to the buildup and also using his pace to stop counters. I don't expect their style to change so Vicario will probably be playing sweeper-keeper even further up the pitch. 

I wonder if they might play Bentancur in the Maddison role. Different player but he's got a good range of passing and is pretty mobile. Lo Celso is the more natural replacement maybe but Big Ange ('great bloke') hasn't used him much so far. 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Worse loss than Maddison

Yes VdV. does look lightning quick from the clips I have seen. The timing of the loss isn’t great for them either, but for us the loss of Mings was bad due to the type of injury and the loss of Mings as a leader/character in the squad.

4 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Yeah Van der Ven is integral to their style of play both in terms of his contribution to the buildup and also using his pace to stop counters. I don't expect their style to change so Vicario will probably be playing sweeper-keeper even further up the pitch. 

I wonder if they might play Bentancur in the Maddison role. Different player but he's got a good range of passing and is pretty mobile. Lo Celso is the more natural replacement maybe but Big Ange ('great bloke') hasn't used him much so far. 

Gone for Bissouma  as most advanced CM today by looks of it so will probably play same v us although Bissouma is on 4 yellows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

“Injury affected Spurs” 

I think they're saying that because it was all dramatic and visual and happened in one half of football.

Romero and Udogie are missing today because of their own stupidity.

But yes this idea we're flying because we have a fully fit 11 is complete nonsense. Mings as said out all season massive loss, we haven't had that brilliant left hand side of Moreno-Ramsey out there for a single minute all season and while Buendia may not have been a weekly starter he'd have still played loads this season.

Trying to think of a prem team that's been hardly impacted by injuries, probably Liverpool?

This is certainly a consequence of the ridiculous fixture backlogs since 2020.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Â