VillaGoMarching

hahahaha, actually made me a bit warm on the inside when i heard he wouldnt be going there..

would make it more fun if the bale transfer to madrid crashed too, they would be fooked economically :) shame its already nailed on

Edited by tomaspg

hahahaha, actually made me a bit warm on the inside when i heard he wouldnt be going there..

would make it more fun if the bale transfer to madrid crashed too, they would be fooked economically :) shame its already nailed on

What is it with some people preferring Chelsea and their horrible owner, over Spurs. Whatever the rivalries surely Chelsea should be the one's people don't like? I know that while I want neither Arsenal nor Chelsea to do well if I had a choice between one or the other it would be Arsenal before Chelsea every time. Everything that club stands for is surely wrong?

Edited by TartarugaJones

What is it with some people preferring Chelsea and their horrible owner, over Spurs. Whatever the rivalries surely Chelsea should be the one's people don't like? I know that while I want neither Arsenal nor Chelsea to do well if I had a choice between one or the other it would be Arsenal before Chelsea every time. Everything that club stands for is surely wrong?

I agree with that. The beautiful work of Dortmund should have won the CL-final. Football is a bitch though.

The media fawn over Spurs time and again, just read Darren Lewis in the Mirror ffs, they're going to win the league, champions league, Eurovision etc. That's why I can't stand them or West Ham really, clubs that haven't achieved a huge amount over the last 50 years and yet get disproportional news coverage compared to say us or Everton just because they're based in London.

Anyway, I reckon if Spurs get Lamela than that's a better deal (as I assume the fee will be less than 30m) than Willian going to Chelsea.

Spurs fans are no different from any other, there's nothing in the water down our way, our genes are the same, we have the same mix of delusional, fanatic, reasonable, balanced, one-eyed whatever supporters as any other club. I guess you've probably just had more run-ins with Spurs fans than Chelsea one's? Or maybe it's just the rivalry's more intense because we're trying to fill the same space? What I would say is that in my part of North London I have had to put up with years of abuse from Arsenal supporting friends and regulars in the Pub, and honestly there are some entitled, obnoxious nob-ends there, but however much I don't like them, I'd still want Chelsea to **** up before them! Everything they stand for is wrong, I find it hard to fathom how others see it differently. Same goes for City, although at least they had a decent support in the lean years, and you feel they deserve it in some way...

[Edit] In that year you had fourth nailed down for a while I was willing you on, gutted when you didn't, but encouraged that you gave it a good go. It's that cartel at the top who've been the issue, any one of us, you, Everton, who can break into it should be a cause for celebration and optimism for the rest of us.

I disagree to be honest fella and I will tell you why, I don't expect to change your mind but you might see how many view Spurs because other peoples perceptions are usually very different to how people view themselves.

I agree with you that every clubs supporters are largely the same and made up of the same elements or groups (except Liverpool) I guess it is just the numbers in each group that varies.

You say about having more run in's with Spurs fan's and that is undoubtable a part of it, the reason for that I'm not certain but I put it down to others fans are more secure in their superiority.

I've been a mod on here for years and I can tell you we just don't get fans of other clubs in anywhere near the same sort of numbers that we do Spurs fans. In fact you could probably add up all the away fans of other teams and they still wouldn't match the number of Spurs fans we've had.

The difference is the likes of Chelsea fans are secure in their superiority, they don't need to come on here and tell us how good they are. Yet Spurs fans do regularly and please don't think that is anyway a reference to you, I don't consider you to be doing that. You are just a chap wanting to talk football.

Yet others have come insistent on telling us how great Spurs are, how Dos Santos is going to be the next whoever, how Gomes is going to be the best keeper in the PL... I could go on. We've had lots of it from your fellow Spurs fans and none of it from other clubs really and a lot of people, myself included are thoroughly sick of Spurs fans as a collective yet I quite like, admire and respect the club by and large.

There is if you don't mind me saying an arrogance about Spurs fans, a belief that they are a big club far bigger than they actually are and far more successful than your trophy cabinet would suggest. Then add to it there is the stuff about the Spurs way of playing, which is a bit like deluded West Ham fans and is guaranteed to wind up opposition fans.

You say yourself that you've had to put up with years of abuse from Arsenal fans and it seems to me that a lot of Spurs fans have got a little too used to trying to convince the world you are a big club. 

Spurs aren't one of the biggest clubs in the country, they are in the same category as the likes of Everton and Villa you just happen to have been run far better in recent years.

As for cheering us on the year we looked like we had 4th, obviously you were cheering us on. Everyone wants to see the Sky 4 brought down a peg or two, especially Spurs fans when the team that looks like being the victim is their local rival.

Most Villa fans don't particularly mind Spurs, I wouldn't mind at all seeing you take 4th from Arsenal but I would dread the crowing from some of your own.

Anyway, that is my two pence worth and I think a fair few amongst those on here will think the same.

None of the above is a reflection on you as a poster though, you seem a very reasonable sort. Are you sure you support Spurs? ;)

• Like 3

my brother is a spurs fan and.... well thats pretty much it!

The media fawn over Spurs time and again, just read Darren Lewis in the Mirror ffs, they're going to win the league, champions league, Eurovision etc. That's why I can't stand them

If UK let Spurs represent them in the Eurovision then I actually think Sandro could win it

Spurs fans are no different from any other, there's nothing in the water down our way, our genes are the same, we have the same mix of delusional, fanatic, reasonable, balanced, one-eyed whatever supporters as any other club. I guess you've probably just had more run-ins with Spurs fans than Chelsea one's? Or maybe it's just the rivalry's more intense because we're trying to fill the same space? What I would say is that in my part of North London I have had to put up with years of abuse from Arsenal supporting friends and regulars in the Pub, and honestly there are some entitled, obnoxious nob-ends there, but however much I don't like them, I'd still want Chelsea to **** up before them! Everything they stand for is wrong, I find it hard to fathom how others see it differently. Same goes for City, although at least they had a decent support in the lean years, and you feel they deserve it in some way...

[Edit] In that year you had fourth nailed down for a while I was willing you on, gutted when you didn't, but encouraged that you gave it a good go. It's that cartel at the top who've been the issue, any one of us, you, Everton, who can break into it should be a cause for celebration and optimism for the rest of us.

I disagree to be honest fella and I will tell you why, I don't expect to change your mind but you might see how many view Spurs because other peoples perceptions are usually very different to how people view themselves.

I agree with you that every clubs supporters are largely the same and made up of the same elements or groups (except Liverpool) I guess it is just the numbers in each group that varies.

You say about having more run in's with Spurs fan's and that is undoubtable a part of it, the reason for that I'm not certain but I put it down to others fans are more secure in their superiority.

I've been a mod on here for years and I can tell you we just don't get fans of other clubs in anywhere near the same sort of numbers that we do Spurs fans. In fact you could probably add up all the away fans of other teams and they still wouldn't match the number of Spurs fans we've had.

The difference is the likes of Chelsea fans are secure in their superiority, they don't need to come on here and tell us how good they are. Yet Spurs fans do regularly and please don't think that is anyway a reference to you, I don't consider you to be doing that. You are just a chap wanting to talk football.

Yet others have come insistent on telling us how great Spurs are, how Dos Santos is going to be the next whoever, how Gomes is going to be the best keeper in the PL... I could go on. We've had lots of it from your fellow Spurs fans and none of it from other clubs really and a lot of people, myself included are thoroughly sick of Spurs fans as a collective yet I quite like, admire and respect the club by and large.

There is if you don't mind me saying an arrogance about Spurs fans, a belief that they are a big club far bigger than they actually are and far more successful than your trophy cabinet would suggest. Then add to it there is the stuff about the Spurs way of playing, which is a bit like deluded West Ham fans and is guaranteed to wind up opposition fans.

You say yourself that you've had to put up with years of abuse from Arsenal fans and it seems to me that a lot of Spurs fans have got a little too used to trying to convince the world you are a big club. 

Spurs aren't one of the biggest clubs in the country, they are in the same category as the likes of Everton and Villa you just happen to have been run far better in recent years.

As for cheering us on the year we looked like we had 4th, obviously you were cheering us on. Everyone wants to see the Sky 4 brought down a peg or two, especially Spurs fans when the team that looks like being the victim is their local rival.

Most Villa fans don't particularly mind Spurs, I wouldn't mind at all seeing you take 4th from Arsenal but I would dread the crowing from some of your own.

Anyway, that is my two pence worth and I think a fair few amongst those on here will think the same.

None of the above is a reflection on you as a poster though, you seem a very reasonable sort. Are you sure you support Spurs? ;)

Fair enough. And for the sake of balance I was on here when the whole Benteke thing was going on and so I can see what you mean. I think that it's probably the same with every clubs, but the fact that there's more of us Spurs fans on here than other fans is interesting in itself.

Totally agree with Trent. 

My dislike for Spurs is all about my experience of their fans. They  seem to feel the need to tell everyone why Spurs are so amazing, how they have more fans than anybody else, why they're really the biggest club in the country, much bigger than Villa blah blah blah and they cannot hear a single criticism of the club. To be fair, it's mainly what I've seen on here as I've only met two Spurs fans in person (that I can recall). But they both fit the profile. One of them was constantly chucking all sorts of Spurs-related facts and figures at me that I didn't ask for, encourage or give a shit about. He even gave me a list of reasons why Spurs were a bigger club than Villa (not an argument I'd asked for). The other was my former housemate's boyfriend, who was just a complete tit. He reckoned that Assou-Ekkoto (sp?) was the best left-back in the world. Seriously. And that a PL XI would have "at least" 5 Spurs players in it. Apparently Real Madrid was also not much of a step up for Modric... These weren't stupid guys either - both university educated, in good jobs etc. 

I'm genuinely curious about where it comes from. Perhaps it's some deep-rooted insecurity about Arsenal's superiority. I think it's quite telling that such a disproportionate amount of them feel the need, and have the motivation, to come on here to tell us how awesome they are. I don't recall any fans of other clubs doing the same. 

I agree that every club has its fair share of 'special' fans but I think, on the whole, we're a pretty self-effacing and realistic bunch on here. 

It's pretty pathetic of me to care tbh, but I would rather Chelsea get a player over Spurs. I share the dislike for Chelsea but they will loaded for as long as Roman sticks around and will buy as many players as it takes for them to succeed. There's nothing we can do about it. If Spurs continue to crack on and get top 4 again, then it widens their financial advantage and makes it harder for us to catch them.

I agree with a lot of what's been said in the last few posts..

In a weird way, spurs are like the Albion of London.... They have recently looked far more accomplished and ambitious than their local rivals, and at times have performed better than them. This is coming from yrs of being the lesser club. As such they feel the need to tell all and sundry of their achievements, even if they aren't that great to shout about...

This is not to say I think Spurs and Albion are on the same level, as obviously spurs are a fantastic side at present, and irrelevant of league position I see them and Everton as very simular sized clubs as us

• Like 2

I agree with a lot of what's been said in the last few posts..

In a weird way, spurs are like the Albion of London.... They have recently looked far more accomplished and ambitious than their local rivals, and at times have performed better than them. This is coming from yrs of being the lesser club. As such they feel the need to tell all and sundry of their achievements, even if they aren't that great to shout about...

This is not to say I think Spurs and Albion are on the same level, as obviously spurs are a fantastic side at present, and irrelevant of league position I see them and Everton as very simular sized clubs as us

...the feeling I mean is, of course, that which prompts a man to say, "I'm as good as you."

The first and most obvious advantage is that you thus induce him to enthrone at the center of his life a good, solid, resounding lie. I don't mean that his statement is false merely in fact... I mean that he does not believe it himself. No man who says "I'm as good as you" believes it. He would not say it if he did. The St. Bernard never says it to the toy dog, nor the scholar to the dunce, nor the employable to the bum, nor the pretty woman to the plain. The claim to equality, outside the strictly political field, is made only by those who feel themselves to be in some way inferior. What it expresses is precisely the itching, smarting, writhing awareness of an inferiority which the patient refuses to accept. And therefore resents...

Â