VillaGoMarching

This IS going to end in tears though isn't it. When they realise he's a good player... but NOWHERE near value at the reported figures. Fans will turn on the president and hound Gareth out of Spain.

Bale used to be a joke at Spurs when he was played out of position. How times change.

I was discussing this the other day. Not so long ago, Bale was the subject of a great deal of ridicule due to his inability to play left back.

its just one of them isnt it, fergie missed out on him, blues nearly signed him, southampton sold their sell on % etc

just like us and falcao...

and phil brown was on that live 92 thing yesterday saying hull turned down cavani for £3m

I was discussing this the other day. Not so long ago, Bale was the subject of a great deal of ridicule due to his inability to play left back.

Is this....is this why we've not got rid of Joe Bennett?

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

its just one of them isnt it, fergie missed out on him, blues nearly signed him, southampton sold their sell on % etc

just like us and falcao...

and phil brown was on that live 92 thing yesterday saying hull turned down cavani for £3m

These things are always frustrating for the club that just miss out but at the same time there is no garentee that the player would have had the same development under a different club. Especially with someone like Bale who was a left back. It is almost a fluke that he turned out to be one of the best wide forwards in the game. There is a good chance his career would have stalled as a poor left back at a different team.

This IS going to end in tears though isn't it. When they realise he's a good player... but NOWHERE near value at the reported figures. Fans will turn on the president and hound Gareth out of Spain.

Not sure I agree. The fee will be exceptionally high but Bale has the potential to be up there with the very best.

Not sure I agree. The fee will be exceptionally high but Bale has the potential to be up there with the very best.

For that kind of money you should be buying the finished article. Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane etc.

Financially he'll be set up for life, but if he can handle the pressure of being the next big thing at Madrid remains to be seen. He needs to develop a lot to justify the price tag.

FWIW I don't agree with you either. He's one of the best players in the world and he's probably the best player not currently with a top team. Real are in the business of buying that calibre of player and they'll pay what it takes. I think he'll fit in there and I think Real is his level.

Once you're up in that territory of money, his real value becomes kind of meaningless. He's worth whatever both parties agree he's worth. All Real care about is landing the player, because to them he's another example of their power and allure in world football and that they get their man. I also think Barca landing Neymar guaranteed Real would have to land Bale to placate their fans.

Â