Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Took my lad up the park to play football as he made the school team Stopped off on the way home from work and bought a football Got up park , took photo of him in his villa gear ... He kicked the ball to me and someone's Labrador ran out of nowhere picked up the ball between his jaws and ran off ... The owner brought the ball back 5 secs later , completely flat with 2 puncture holes She had the good grace to apologies but no offer to buy a new ball as she walked off with her mutt Probably I should have kicked her dog in the head or something , guess I'm just too nice... Happily a Quick visit to Tesco later and we were back up and running Teaching your son to shout "nuts" as he puts the ball through your legs = priceless , cant wait for his first match and he does it :)

Edited by tonyh29

Not at all. I love it. But when people say 'teachers earn too much', they're full of crap.

The salary is probably good considering the 190 days a year holiday the job comes with :)

Teachers don't get paid for their holidays. Common misconception. We get paid for 39 weeks of 55 hours which works out at around the same amount of time as 50 weeks of 42.5 hours :)

Edited by StefanAVFC

Not at all. I love it. But when people say 'teachers earn too much', they're full of crap.

The salary is probably good considering the 190 days a year holiday the job comes with :)

Teachers don't get paid for their holidays. Common misconception. We get paid for 39 weeks of 55 hours which works out at around the same amount of time as 50 weeks of 42.5 hours :)

You don't get paid in August then?

Well the money is spread out so we're not left with no money in August. That would be idiotic. But we aren't paid for our holidays. As I've said, it's 39 weeks of 55 hours instead of the usual 50 weeks of 42.5. 

• Like 2

I always thought VT's Wrestling crowd were talking the piss in a 'knowing wrestling is bollocks but we'll take it seriously for the lulz' kind of way, a bit like Con with Bannan.

Well, all a lot of people judge it by is WWE, which is aimed at children these days so it is to see why they think it's a load of nonsense and the VT wrestling is just for humour as well. And yes, the best workers are the ones who can make it look real without hurting each other at all.

But to dismiss it all as completely fake is just ridiculous. A lot of wrestling holds have the potential to seriously injure somebody or even kill them, like when Chris Benoit lost his mind and killed his son using his finishing hold. When some people copy what they see on TV and end up getting paralysed. Then you read stories of people seeing a wrestler in a bar or somewhere and getting in their faces about how wrestling is fake and they could fight them, then when they get beaten into a pulp, they run off to the police saying "Oh, but he's a professional wrestler".

It's probably a waste of time me writing any of this but wrestling is not as fake as people love to claim it is. Predetermined, yes. Fake, no.

So u get a wage in August

Yes, but I'm not being paid for being on holiday. I love the job and I don't do it for the money. I'm not moaning about the hours or even the pay (things that piss you off that SHOULDN'T); just that a bus driver earns more after doing 4 years at uni :D

Well the money is spread out so we're not left with no money in August. That would be idiotic. But we aren't paid for our holidays. As I've said, it's 39 weeks of 55 hours instead of the usual 50 weeks of 42.5. 

You're contracted to work 55 hours a week for those 39 weeks?

I'm not sure on the exact details, but that is comfortably what happens. I'll double check tomorrow.

One thing that does piss me off is when people use something as an excuse to have a pop at teachers, who then rightfully get defensive. Then the same teacher-bashers say 'TEACHERS ALWAYS MOAN ABOUT THE EXTRA HOURS THEY DO' etc. In other countries, teachers are respected. Rather than made to jump through hoops by the governing body and disliked by the population.

• Like 1

So u get a wage in August
Yes, but I'm not being paid for being on holiday. I love the job and I don't do it for the money. I'm not moaning about the hours or even the pay (things that piss you off that SHOULDN'T); just that a bus driver earns more after doing 4 years at uni :D
To piss you off even more though I think a London Underground train driver earns £45k a year plus benefits now to fall asleep at the wheel of a train that drives itself Clearly a better union than the NUT Edited by tonyh29

Â