Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Reminds me of the days when you used to get beer in seven-pint cans

I always felt that just wasn't quite enough.

Indeed, it wasn't. Thus making the idea of drinking less than one even more absurd.

Of course, once you'd finished one and opened another you had to finish that one too. So it was all good (actually the beer itself wasn't good at all, but we'll let that slide).

She got quite confused (and then angry) at the instant, simultaneous reaction from me and my dad, of uncontrollable hysterical laughter.

You showed her tough love. I approve :)

She got quite confused (and then angry) at the instant, simultaneous reaction from me and my dad, of uncontrollable hysterical laughter.

You showed her tough love. I approve :)

It was truly one of those perfect moments. She said it, and me and dad looked at each other, there was a second's heavy silence, and then we collapsed in hysterics. It just got even worse/better as she stood there going a bit pink, going: "What? WHAT???". We totally lost it. Great moment.

That connection between a key in a door and your bladder.

How is it that you are only vaguely aware of the need to pee until you get your key in the front door and then your bladder immediately relaxes?

Not as annoying as when you're bursting for a shit, dropping fart bombs every few seconds, straining to hold it in but as soon as you sit on the toilet the urge disappears.

I would suggest that your scenario would be far preferable as it involves no need to change underwear (or having to mop up a puddle of piss on your doorstep).

So I had an interview set up today, she cancelled using the email below, bear in mind we are located by RBS, HSBC and the Marriott. Although going by her spelling its a blessing. I also did give her directions, mentalist.

Hi,

Sorry, but I will have to cancell our meeting. I would fear for my life and comromise my personal hygine according to the scum and smears on the bannistars along the train station if I had to work in this area as a base. I am petite, blonde and apparently posh looking. A target. You didn't offer parking directions but would not leave my borrowed car from my sister near this area.

Sorry to let you down but that is the where I am at.

Thanks for the opportnity anyway.

Regards,

Edited by Houlston
  • Like 1

This new vogue for resealable packaging on chocolate bars.

It's just mockery of those who lack self control.

Resealable chocolate wrappers? What the flipping flip?

Reminds me of the days when you used to get beer in seven-pint cans ("party sevens" or "bumpers"). We used to get them at Christmas, and one year, my mum suggested that we should get one of those tap things to put on the can: "so you could make it last instead of having to drink it all at once". She got quite confused (and then angry) at the instant, simultaneous reaction from me and my dad, of uncontrollable hysterical laughter.

It's all PR so they can argue that if you snarf down a giant chocolate bar instead of treating it as two servings you're doing it wrong and they're not promoting obesity (kind of like gambling sites with Gambler's Anonymous links, I guess...).

Mars, at least in the US, have phased out their king size bars (and M&M/Skittles packages) and replaced them with "sharing size" bars, where the bar is in twice the usual amount of pieces.

BFVMMM04432.JPG

So I had an interview set up today, she cancelled using the email below, bear in mind we are located by RBS, HSBC and the Marriott. Although going by her spelling its a blessing. I also did give her directions, mentalist.

Hi,

Sorry, but I will have to cancell our meeting. I would fear for my life and comromise my personal hygine according to the scum and smears on the bannistars along the train station if I had to work in this area as a base. I am petite, blonde and apparently posh looking. A target. You didn't offer parking directions but would not leave my borrowed car from my sister near this area.

Regards,

tumblr_inline_mfaxq9TJg41rnm2rz.gif

Hi,

Regards,

That can't be serious. Surely.

Hi,

Regards,

She sounds like an utter utter moron.

Hi,

Regards,

Ooh, we're very close Houlston, I'm looking at the Marriott from my window right now (...that's a lie, i was looking at my keyboard)

There's a woman on our team at work this week looking over what we do and I cannot understand a word she says. There's only so many times I can say '...sorry?'.

It's getting a bit awkward now, there's a few times when she's asked me a question and I've just had to smile.

Reminds me of the days when you used to get beer in seven-pint cans ("party sevens" or "bumpers"). We used to get them at Christmas, and one year, my mum suggested that we should get one of those tap things to put on the can: "so you could make it last instead of having to drink it all at once". She got quite confused (and then angry) at the instant, simultaneous reaction from me and my dad, of uncontrollable hysterical laughter.

It's all PR so they can argue that if you snarf down a giant chocolate bar instead of treating it as two servings you're doing it wrong and they're not promoting obesity (kind of like gambling sites with Gambler's Anonymous links, I guess...).

Mars, at least in the US, have phased out their king size bars (and M&M/Skittles packages) and replaced them with "sharing size" bars, where the bar is in twice the usual amount of pieces.

BFVMMM04432.JPG

Yeah, they did something similar here. There used to be kingsize Mars and Snickers, but there were complaints from the health lobby so they made a big deal about how they were no longer going to sell them. And then replaced them with "twin pack" bars instead. Laughable.

Edited by mjmooney

Violent drunks.

I went out with the guys from my course last night as we only have a week left at college. It was a good laugh... for the most part. Everyone was having a laugh, getting a few drinks down 'em, having a dance and drunken heart-to-hearts (not awkward in the slightest), but then at about 1:30am one of the lads is absolutely hammered and starts arguing with an Aussie guy (who was a bit of a prick to be fair) outside the bar which escalates when two of this Aussie lad's female friends get involved and we have to drag this lad and another lad on our course away from them before they start getting violent.

He's a bit of a shortarse and has severe little man syndrome, and when combined with large amounts of booze and an inability to handle it well, the result is explosive. Kind of put a dampner on what was a really good night out in Wolverhampton, which I didn't think was even possible.

Violent drunks.

I went out with the guys from my course last night as we only have a week left at college. It was a good laugh... for the most part. Everyone was having a laugh, getting a few drinks down 'em, having a dance and drunken heart-to-hearts (not awkward in the slightest), but then at about 1:30am one of the lads is absolutely hammered and starts arguing with an Aussie guy (who was a bit of a prick to be fair) outside the bar which escalates when two of this Aussie lad's female friends get involved and we have to drag this lad and another lad on our course away from them before they start getting violent.

He's a bit of a shortarse and has severe little man syndrome, and when combined with large amounts of booze and an inability to handle it well, the result is explosive. Kind of put a dampner on what was a really good night out in Wolverhampton, which I didn't think was even possible.

Are you Joe Root? 

BFVMMM04432.JPG

The "sharing size" bars they have here are quite small.

BFVMMM04432.JPG

I always assumed the Big 400 g bags of M&M's were the individual serving and that somewhere there was a 1K g made to share bag

Â