Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Handshakes. Always a problem. What pisses me off is when I stick my hand out for a 'conventional' handshake, and the other guy goes for the - I don't know what you call it - THIS thing: 

cool-handshake-21043252.jpg

I always assumed it to be a youth/black thing, but a guy at the running club (white, my age) does it. Throws me every time. 

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I can't help feeling like one of those token white people on the Fresh Prince of Bel-air when I get caught by that.

There are a couple of blokes I meet via work every now and again and every time we go to shake hands it all gets very briefly weird and mixed up. By coincidence, each of the confusing handshake guys is management level in building firms. So I presume it's some sort of masons thing. Either that or I'm missing out big time on the gay swingers scene.

Adverts for Sky On Demand, when you're watching Sky On Demand.

What's the point?

Same applies when the words "On Demand" are removed from the above statement. Never really worked that one out.

That I 10 seconds ago noticed that if you click the VT logos in front of the different forums, you mark the whole particular forum "read"

• Like 1

Handshakes. Always a problem. What pisses me off is when I stick my hand out for a 'conventional' handshake, and the other guy goes for the - I don't know what you call it - THIS thing: 

I always assumed it to be a youth/black thing, but a guy at the running club (white, my age) does it. Throws me every time. 

You know him well?

For me, if I'm meeting someone I'm fairly close to then I'm okay with it, handshakes would be too formal. But if I'm meeting someone for the first time, it definitely does not work.

That I 10 seconds ago noticed that if you click the VT logos in front of the different forums, you mark the whole particular forum "read"

:blink:

fuuuu_by_ku127-png.jpg

You know him well?

Fairly well. But we hadn't seen each other for about a year, and he's one of those "Hail fellow and well met" types. Nice bloke, but you sort of have to fit in with his way of doing things.

What about when meeting women? A handshake in a formal/business situation.

At a party, when you're introduced to a girl, are you supposed to go in for a kiss on the cheek? A hug? A handshake? Or just nod your head and smile?

At a party, when you're introduced to a girl, are you supposed to go in for a kiss on the cheek? A hug? A handshake? Or just nod your head and smile?

Social embarrassment nightmare, innit?

Lick their face, lick it and lick it and lick it like a dog

Hand on the hip/lower back and a peck on the cheek.

I have an even more socially awkward one. At what age are the different greetings appropriate? I can't remember when my female older friends and relatives started kissing me on the cheek as a greeting, so what age is it normal to do it? I obviously mean later teens etc. As I've got older I've wondered because I don't want to look on one end of the scale, socially awkward, but on the other side, a complete weirdo.

Â