Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When at a cash machine (ATM) and after you've typed in your PIN, then having to then press the enter key. Completely winds me up - petty I know.

That doesn't annoy me.

WHat annoys me is when it says "Enter your PIN and Press Enter"

but then you DON'T have to press enter, it just accepts it automatically.

That really shouldn't piss me off.

When at a cash machine (ATM) and after you've typed in your PIN, then having to then press the enter key. Completely winds me up - petty I know.

Might be there because if you enter your pin wrong, you can delete it.

I think it's the inconsistency of it all, Lloyds, the cash machine that I predominately use, you don't have to press the enter, but others you. So I'm standing there waiting for the damn machine to do something and it's waiting for me to press the bloomin' Enter button. Perhaps I should just pay more attention at when I use the cash mahines.

Phone insurance.

Spoke to my cousin on the weekend. His phone got stolen last week.

He was playing football and his phone was in his bag on the side of the pitch and someone's nabbed it.

He's absolutely certain it was in the bag before the game. Afterwards it was gone.

Anyway, the insurance company cover him for theft or loss (and accidental damage incidentally)

But they're saying because he let the phone out of his sight (it wasn't out of his line of sight, but obviously he was watching the game) then it doesn't count as "Stolen".

So he said "well surely it's just lost then, so you can cover me for that?". But they said nooooo, based on the information you've given us it wasn't lost.

So it must be some in between paradox. Whatever comes between lost and stolen?!

If he'd lost it, they'd cover it. Or if he dropped it and smashed it, they'd cover it. But because he let the phone out of his sight and someone robbed it, they won't cover it?

Absolute words removed. He's been insured with them for 4 years at £5 a month. So he's given them £240 already. It will apparently cost £150 to replace, minus his excess of £50. So all they'd have to pay is £100, less than half of what he's paid them over the years. And if they don't he'll cancel his policy immediately and tell everyone he knows never to use them ever.

But they don't seem to get the idea.

Absolute words removed

Arseholes!

By that definition, if it is in your back pocket and it is stolen, it is out of your line of sight and not covered as well?

I hope he hasn't given up yet. I'd ask the insurance company for a full definition of what they consider lost or stolen.

Being lambasted at work because I casually said that 'Dr Dawn' from Embarrassing Bodies was a bit of all right and wouldn't mind a go on her.. despite her being in her early 50's! Now suddenly I have a 'thing' for older women! 

Noisy cash machines that beep at a squillion decibels with every button press.  I remember using one on a dark street in Manchester once at 4am.  It might as well have screamed, 'ATTENTION potential muggers, this guy has a wad a cash forthcoming!'

Being lambasted at work because I casually said that 'Dr Dawn' from Embarrassing Bodies was a bit of all right and wouldn't mind a go on her.. despite her being in her early 50's! Now suddenly I have a 'thing' for older women!

Eh? She's more likely in her mid 40s and yeah, she's hot.

Where do you work? Playschool?

Eh? She's more likely in her mid 40s and yeah, she's hot.

Where do you work? Playschool?

She's 51 I think. 

It feels like playschool sometimes! 

Lock up your mothers Xela is in town :)

• Like 2

Phone insurance.

Spoke to my cousin on the weekend. His phone got stolen last week.

He was playing football and his phone was in his bag on the side of the pitch and someone's nabbed it.

He's absolutely certain it was in the bag before the game. Afterwards it was gone.

Anyway, the insurance company cover him for theft or loss (and accidental damage incidentally)

But they're saying because he let the phone out of his sight (it wasn't out of his line of sight, but obviously he was watching the game) then it doesn't count as "Stolen".

So he said "well surely it's just lost then, so you can cover me for that?". But they said nooooo, based on the information you've given us it wasn't lost.

So it must be some in between paradox. Whatever comes between lost and stolen?!

If he'd lost it, they'd cover it. Or if he dropped it and smashed it, they'd cover it. But because he let the phone out of his sight and someone robbed it, they won't cover it?

Absolute words removed. He's been insured with them for 4 years at £5 a month. So he's given them £240 already. It will apparently cost £150 to replace, minus his excess of £50. So all they'd have to pay is £100, less than half of what he's paid them over the years. And if they don't he'll cancel his policy immediately and tell everyone he knows never to use them ever.

But they don't seem to get the idea.

Absolute words removed

Arseholes!

By that definition, if it is in your back pocket and it is stolen, it is out of your line of sight and not covered as well?

I hope he hasn't given up yet. I'd ask the insurance company for a full definition of what they consider lost or stolen.

Yeah that's what I said.

By their definition unless someone takes it whilst you're literally staring right at it, it's not stolen. Which basically means it's impossible for i to be stolen unless you're mugged.

He hasn't given up, and they'll probably crack. But it annoys me that they try and weasel out of paying him like that.

If he'd taken out the policy last week, or maybe had a history of making claims, you could understand it. But he's had the policy for 4 years, with different phones and has never made an insurance claim in his life.

Edited by Stevo985

I've read a number of these type of stories about phone insurance. You need to be very careful indeed about the wording of any claim. Probably best to research before you actually file it.

I've never bothered with phone insurance and have been lucky to have not had a phone lost or stolen. If/when I do the money saved over the past 5 years will certainly have covered buying a new handset.

I've had it but only because it's free with my bank account.

And to be fair to them, when I dropped my iPhone and smashed it they replaced it without question.

So they're not all bad.

People writing "on route"

It's "En", really bad people!!

Even worse, I've seen "On Root' before...that's deserving of a roundhouse kick to the face, ****' idiots.

For some reason took my mind immediately to Patrick Swayze via roadhouse with those perfect kicks to the face....and when he ripped that guys throat out. 

• Like 1

Â