Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

If I'm saying we'll have to get the kids to bed in a minute that is me basically saying can you **** off now please!

And your kids left home five years ago 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I can relax now knowing that Paul Hollywood and Leona Lewis have got honours. Phew! Was worried they might not be recognised. 

If that’s real and not a joke, what have those two actually done???

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The only thing I like about the Honours system, is when people turn them down, like Benjamin Zephaniah et al.

I'm kind of surprised Michael Eavis has accepted his. Would have thought he'd be the type to turn it down. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Absolutely real, unbelievably. 

Wow.

One is a bloke who makes cakes and the women think he's eye candy, the other used to be a singer years ago.

Shirley Bassey I can sort of understand but not these two.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm kind of surprised Michael Eavis has accepted his. Would have thought he'd be the type to turn it down. 

I wouldn't deny that he deserves it because he never made himself rich from Glasto.

His knighthood does seem to confirm the accusation that governments tend to hand out honours to send political signals.

The party now in government is renowned for exploiting every opportunity for personal financial gain, and so it seems to be at odds with its own values to reward a guy for showing restraint.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The UK Honours system. **** laughable and pointless. Rewarding people for doing their jobs. 

Ha! The above mentioned friend just got awarded an MBE. 

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The UK Honours system. **** laughable and pointless. Rewarding people for doing their jobs. 

I always thought that it was supposed to be for people not doing their jobs

Read up to see who was on the list and saw Emilia Clarke, saw she had two brain haemorrhages, found the after care to not be very good so created a successful charity for it

That's the kind of thing I thought the honours were for, she doesn't get one for services to acting (!) it's using her status and money to do something more worthwhile 

I dont mind those honours so much, not a clue what Hollywood has done for his, if it is just services to baking and broadcasting then he can **** off

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Read up to see who was on the list and saw Emilia Clarke, saw she had two brain haemorrhages, found the after care to not be very good so created a successful charity for it

That's the kind of thing I thought the honours were for, she doesn't get one for services to acting (!) it's using her status and money to do something more worthwhile 

I dont mind those honours so much, not a clue what Hollywood has done for his, if it is just services to baking and broadcasting then he can **** off

Same You, the Clarke's charity last accounts was 2022, if I am reading them right a grand total of **** all was spent outside of running the business, sorry, charity. Now I am willing to be corrected but that's my take from Same You.accounts. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I hate people staying over. You should never have to tiptoe around your own home. 

When I had my apartment in Birmingham City, it was all about going out on the town and mates coming back to stay over for convenience. Actually happened 3 times, then I used to tell them they can come back for drinks but not stay. Waking up in the morning to a shit hole, with smelly lads all over the lounge, was never gonna last

I've always thought I should have experienced living in the city centre, especially in my 20's. A pal of mine had a place in Brindleyplace for 12 months and it was lovely. He was paying £1000 a month in 2007 for it, god knows what it would be now.

Kind of regret not doing it. Wouldn't do it now though, too old. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Jeff Stelling got his for his charity work. Not being the anchor man for football for 25 years.

What the **** has Paul Hollywood done??

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Jeff Stelling got his for his charity work. Not being the anchor man for football for 25 years.

What the **** has Paul Hollywood done??

Invented the pizza base garlic bread probably, the degenerate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

When I had my apartment in Birmingham City, it was all about going out on the town and mates coming back to stay over for convenience. Actually happened 3 times, then I used to tell them they can come back for drinks but not stay. Waking up in the morning to a shit hole, with smelly lads all over the lounge, was never gonna last

Laziness

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â