Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

"Whamageddon"

**** off. 

Northampton Town's DJ has been forced to apologise after playing Wham's festive hit 'Last Christmas' at a recent match. 

Fans have fumed that by doing so, thousands will have lost the holiday game 'Whamaggedon' - where people try to avoid the song for as long as possible. 

Once the song is heard, that person is eliminated - hence the frustration of the 7,215 people at the Sixfields Stadium on December 2nd attending their clash with Portsmouth.

'I gave it a spin, thinking it would be quite funny to wipe out 7,000 people who couldn't avoid it, but clearly it isn't funny.

It seems that some people were genuinely angry.

Daily Heil

• Haha 1

Got some family popping round ours tonight for a take-away.

Mother and father in law coming around at 5:30, cool.

Sister in law doesn’t finish work till 6:30, in Lichfield. Then drive home, get changed, then her, the partner and son will come to ours.

It’ll probably be 9pm before we can eat. And I’m going out to collect it so I can’t even have a few beers whilst I wait.

:bang:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think it's quite funny :crylaugh: 

Me too :D 

If I as a DJ, i'd play it 1st December, just to annoy as many people as possible.

I wouldn't apologise either 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sister in law doesn’t finish work till 6:30, in Lichfield. Then drive home, get changed, then her, the partner and son will come to ours.

It’ll probably be 9pm before we can eat. And I’m going out to collect it so I can’t even have a few beers whilst I wait.

Forget that for a game of soldiers. 

I'd be having two takeaways ;)

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

Get it early and point the SiL’s family in the direction of the microwave

Alternatively get a delivery and have beer :D 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Get it early and point the SiL’s family in the direction of the microwave

Alternatively get a delivery and have beer :D 

Alternatively, run away from home, change your identity, and join the French Foreign Legion. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Least they can do is pick it up on the way!

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Is it one of those situations where the sis in law could just come in after work but she just has to get changed and do many unnecessary things rather than just come over for some food and get back home?

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I should really have spelled it "toadly" to get the full valley girl effect. 

Actually, the word I've always been guilty of overusing is "absolutely". 

true-dat.gif

• Like 1

After watching one series of 'The Wire' my standard response to questions where I could answer in the affirmative was this, 'True Dat', I'm a 53 yr old white male, one of my brothers questioned my choice of response, I explained about the wire, still don't think he's watched it yet, hey ho

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HallGreenVillan said:

After watching one series of 'The Wire' my standard response to questions where I could answer in the affirmative was this, 'True Dat', I'm a 53 yr old white male, one of my brothers questioned my choice of response, I explained about the wire, still don't think he's watched it yet, hey ho

Just don't drop any n-bombs. 

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The Christmas John Lewis advert is terrible.

I'm just grateful the whole pressure of the next great advert bullshit is over. 

They probably are too. 

The expectation must have been unbearable.  They've made a couple of shit ones now. The John Lewis Christmas advert "thing" is over now thank God. The whole thing had become intolerable. 

• Like 1

I haven’t actually seen the John Lewis ad on tv, which I suppose lends credence to Sidcow’s assertion that it is indeed no longer an event.

But what’s slightly odd is I think there’s another current advert which I have seen that features a singing Venus flytrap (or similar plant). It’s definitely not John Lewis as I’ve just searched that and it’s definitely something else. It’s a jaunty piano song, but I don’t what the song is either...

Argh…not knowing what this other advert is for is going to annoy me now.

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The Christmas John Lewis advert is terrible.

Just watched it on YouTube.  I think it's ace! Doesn't really advertise john Lewis in any way that I can see, but I love the advert. 

Sounds like Matt Berry singing too, though I doubt it is.

Â