Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

too many people to quote , but I like my coffee scalding hot and the Nespresso machine dictates that coffee should be served just above lukewarm ( according to the interweb  83 to 86 degrees) 

so I always ping the coffee for 30 seconds in the microwave to give it the extra heat boost required  , all perfectly normal just some visitors get a little freaked out by it and put you on a danger to society list somewhere between Hitler and Fritzl 

Yeah I think this is acceptable.

I think most people assumed you were heating the water for your coffee in the microwave. Which I'm fairly certain would get you deported

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

When did pants and socks get so **** expensive.

Yep, now admittedly I went up a notch and splashed out on M&S but got a few packs of socks, jocks and vests for Christmas presents etc and it was well over €100. Basically every multipack of whatever it was, was between €20 & €30. Rip-off (that's the price, not the underwear fastener).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm not, I don't buy their pods :D 

OK. Partial credit. I buy Diesel jeans so I'm not 100% but that's my only (Nestlé) vice. I make sure they get absolutely nothing else.

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I like Christmas jumpers. I also like it when me, my wife and kids are all wearing matching pyjamas on Christmas Eve night though, so maybe my opinion is invalid.

I saw someone wearing this at the Arsenal game, I've just ordered it.

3_4b097f24-99e4-4aaa-8d4c-fc8154edf21e.p

ill-make-an-exception-neil-degrasse-tyso

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

So what about Xmas socks. What's the VT opinion on them? Why don't they have their own day?

erm, bright socks have a day

Odd Socks Day is typically observed on the second Monday in November each year. In 2023, it falls on November 13th. It is a day when schools, workplaces, and individuals join together to show that it's okay to be different and to stand up against bullying and discrimination.

link

Edited by Genie

Said before about the laziness of people now, but kind of not peoples fault as its the way society has gone with technology.

The mcdonalds advert has a guy ordering a mayo chicken from his house to be delivered. They cost £1 and are literally a tiny bit of frozen chicken. 

The latest thing I've come across is parents no longer going to grottos but instead ordering a father Christmas to come to your doorstep and meet your child with a gift. 

What is going on. I completely get it if you have a disability or illness but able people shouldn't be doing this. 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Said before about the laziness of people now, but kind of not peoples fault as its the way society has gone with technology.

The mcdonalds advert has a guy ordering a mayo chicken from his house to be delivered. They cost £1 and are literally a tiny bit of frozen chicken. 

The latest thing I've come across is parents no longer going to grottos but instead ordering a father Christmas to come to your doorstep and meet your child with a gift. 

What is going on. I completely get it if you have a disability or illness but able people shouldn't be doing this. 

Convenience isn't the same thing as laziness

• Like 1

On 13/12/2023 at 09:47, BOF said:

I can definitely see both sides on this one. I don't own one and I won't be going into Primark to pick up a stock one that's as funny as a burning orphanage. But I would buy a niche one online from a creator I like. Someone like Jim'll Paint It does some I wouldn't mind owning. So yeah I'm a yes on Christmas jumpers but only the cleverer ones.

I love Still Game

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

Are you sure you're not getting confused with The Round Table?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

People commenting on the Toby Carvery adverts on Facebook. Usually with appalling grammar.

"Went to our local toby carvery today the food is so lovely their it was delicious"

Get in the **** bin.

Your so right

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 3

Â