Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Bargain hunt

We like this antique, but it's priced at £400, can we have it for £50 please ?. Oh well go on then

I bet if I went in the same shop (but not on tv) and asked.for it at £50. They would say F koff are you taking the p

Yeah, they agree to it so they get themselves on tv.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The nonsense people (usually women, to be honest) believe about pregnancy. 

Just overheard in the office - “the way you behave during pregnancy changes your baby. My mum says she did very little when she was pregnant with my brother and he’s really lazy, whereas she kept herself busy when she was pregnant with me and I’m really practical and active”.

My cravings are for savoury stuff so it's going to be a boy.

My mom knew it would be girl! She knew it, and she was right. So if she says yours is a boy then it's a boy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My cravings are for savoury stuff so it's going to be a boy.

My mom knew it would be girl! She knew it, and she was right. So if she says yours is a boy then it's a boy

My MIL went big on “it’s definitely a girl” when my wife was pregnant with our son.

Then when pregnant with our daughter it was 100% a boy :lol:

• Haha 1

I've kept my head down at work for most of my career, even as I've become more senior but today it seems like my head is above the parapet in 3 separate topics :D

8 years of dropping no bombs and I'm forced to drop 3 in a day.

See you lads at the employment office

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've kept my head down at work for most of my career, even as I've become more senior but today it seems like my head is above the parapet in 3 separate topics :D

8 years of dropping no bombs and I'm forced to drop 3 in a day.

See you lads at the employment office

Yea, any chance you can keep your head down on VT too?

Cheers mate 👍

(Because you add absolutely nothing to any topic you vacuous piece of shit)

(I hope this doesn't land me in any bother)

(And if it does, **** you too)

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea, any chance you can keep your head down on VT too?

Cheers mate 👍

(Because you add absolutely nothing to any topic you vacuous piece of shit)

(I hope this doesn't land me in any bother)

(And if it does, **** you too)

You haven't sent me a dick pic via Messenger in a while. What happened? :( 

Oh if we're on the subject of paying and transport

Representatives for Wellingborough who pay by contactless when going through the Mersey Tunnels

regular users have a fast tag - speedy as f***

Sensible people who aren't regular users have £2 ready in coins - still very speedy, like  2 seconds tops

Pay by contactless and it takes for sodding ever. You can pay, have the money taken out of your bank, get the notification on your phone and the booth still says processing and doesn't open the barrier for another 30 seconds not only that it doesn't really tell you that its detected the contactless method, so people end up with their arm out of the car for an absolute age, something they just have to try again

I think it's the only place in the country where paying by contactless is the absolutely worst option

1 minute ago, bickster said:

No I get it for people who aint from around these parts, I meant locals with that one. You'd only have to use them once with contactless to know how f***ing tiresome the process is

I take my lad to watch Tamworth when they’re at home, it’s £2 cash for the car park. The amount of times nobody in the house has it is surprising!

Actually it's the Mersey tunnels toll booths that piss me off thinking about it

Pay by contactless - see above

Pay by cash - they don't give reciepts

Only got notes, go to the staffed toll booths (still labelled manned in this day and age!), they'll take your money and not give you any change. £2 toll, £20 note, no change - COVID being the excuse for that

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Representatives for Wellingborough who pay by contactless when going through the Mersey Tunnels

Sensible people who aren't regular users have £2 ready in coins - still very speedy, like  2 seconds tops

Pay by contactless and it takes for sodding ever. You can pay, have the money taken out of your bank, get the notification on your phone and the booth still says processing and doesn't open the barrier for another 30 seconds not only that it doesn't really tell you that its detected the contactless method, so people end up with their arm out of the car for an absolute age, something they just have to try again

I think it's the only place in the country where paying by contactless is the absolutely worst option

Also Liverpool buses. You can pay contactless. But it's really slow, like 20 secs or so. Then it prints a receipt. Multiply by however many people are on the bus and no **** wonder they're always late.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Only got notes, go to the staffed toll booths (still labelled manned in this day and age!), they'll take your money and not give you any change. £2 toll, £20 note, no change - COVID being the excuse for that

Liverpool innit? Nicking stuff, being corrupt - it's part of their culture.

3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Then it prints a receipt

That'll be Stagecoach, doesn't happen on Arriva. It's even more stupid than that, on Stagecoach you have to tell the driver where you are going to he can print the right ticket

"But its £2 for any journey" - shrug of shoulders

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Get the local MP in Liverpool to ask a question in the commons

You want a Liverpool MP (all Labour) to ask a question in the commons about why the Mersey Tunnels are shit, given that its run by a combined authority of a few councils who are all run by Labour with a Metro Mayor who is also Labour.

Can you see why nothing gets done?

EDIT: And the answer to the bus question will be, the Metro Mayor is trying to take control of all the buses. It'll be better then

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tyne Tunnel is the easiest. You just drive through without stopping, but it photographs your number plate, and you've got until midnight the following day to log on and pay. 

Â