Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

26 minutes ago, Chine said:

He’s going to get pelters in there if he sticks it out, could make some interesting viewing 

....and there's my dilemma. On the one hand I hope he gets every gruesome task going and ultimately gets bitten by a disease-riddled, rabid chimp but the mere fact that he us getting a shed load of cash and airtime really grates on me.

There aren't many I'd gladly put my foot through the telly if I see them on it but he is up there in the top three along with robbie savage and Tommy Yaxley Lennon Robinson at the moment. 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

No it wouldn’t, there are very few roads with minimum speed limits

They have signs like this

image.png

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/learning-to-drive/what-is-a-driving-test-fail/#:~:text=Driving too slowly also signals,never exceed the speed limit.

"Driving too slowly also signals to the examiner that you aren’t aware of the speed limit, which could lead to a fail, so speed up if you’re lagging, but never exceed the speed limit."

Somebody should probably tell the RAC.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/learning-to-drive/what-is-a-driving-test-fail/#:~:text=Driving too slowly also signals,never exceed the speed limit.

"Driving too slowly also signals to the examiner that you aren’t aware of the speed limit, which could lead to a fail, so speed up if you’re lagging, but never exceed the speed limit."

Quite frankly that is nonsense, it defies any form of logic. Most driving tests take place on 20 or 30mph roads

46 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah, my youngest failed their first test for doing 40 in a 60 area.

They said they didn't see any signs but who knows.

Edited by Designer1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

No it wouldn’t, there are very few roads with minimum speed limits

They have signs like this

image.png

You can still fail your driving test by driving too slowly; or incidentally by “not getting up to speed quickly enough”

• Like 1

I was given a fault on my driving test for taking a corner off a 40 too slowly - the tester specifically noted when it was over that that was something she had issue with and had down as a fault. Ironically my instructor had commented that I needed to approach corners more slowly and that was my biggest issue in my lessons immediately before the test, and then that nearly contributed to getting a fail.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can still fail your driving test by driving too slowly; or incidentally by “not getting up to speed quickly enough”

Makes absolutely no sense, especially in light of the latest giving pedestrians right of way when turning from one road to another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Roads with incorrect designations. Just winds me up more than it should, see map below for three that are all connected. They need taking out with a nuke

Halifax Cres.png

This could go in the boring thread, but I live on a Crescent, that it is actually a cul-de-sac. It was supposed to be an entrance to a large council estate back in the 40's, but it turned out there was no planning permission, so they built the hammer head but kept the name. When traffic builds up on the main road we get no end of cars trying to cut through. They look smug driving down the road, and sheepish driving back up😁.

Being a council house from the 40's, I don't think a nuke would do much damage, I've spent a fortune on drill bits.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

This could go in the boring thread, but I live on a Crescent, that it is actually a cul-de-sac. It was supposed to be an entrance to a large council estate back in the 40's, but it turned out there was no planning permission, so they built the hammer head but kept the name. When traffic builds up on the main road we get no end of cars trying to cut through. They look smug driving down the road, and sheepish driving back up😁.

Being a council house from the 40's, I don't think a nuke would do much damage, I've spent a fortune on drill bits.

No one tells you as a kid how much you will spend on drill bits. Particularly masonry bits. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

No one tells you as a kid how much you will spend on drill bits. Particularly masonry bits. 

The house was built just after the war, so timber was scarce. Everything is brick, mortar (which is harder than the bricks) or concrete.

Just now, luckyeddie said:

The house was built just after the war, so timber was scarce. Everything is brick, mortar (which is harder than the bricks) or concrete.

Same here. I dream of a bit of plasterboard. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Makes absolutely no sense, especially in light of the latest giving pedestrians right of way when turning from one road to another.

You don’t have to break the law to fail your test. Driving around significantly below the speed limit or taking ages to get there is dangerous and/or obstructs other road users. 

It’s got nothing to do with pedestrians

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s got nothing to do with pedestrians

But it affects the new right of way for pedestrians rules. 
Someone also better tell cyclists to hurry up as they’ve also recently been advised to ride in the middle of the lane too.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You’re allowed to be wrong sometimes you know 😉

It’s not to do with being wrong. It’s about the rules being confusing. There's no consistency.

So if you're on a 20 mph road on a driving test, what speed would be considered too low 18? 15? 10?

Is 20 mph too slow for a 30?

Traffic cops will always tell you that the speed limit isn’t a target speed, when does your speed become too slow? What offence do you commit when you drive below this unpublished speed? I don’t see how it fits into the the almost catch all of driving without due care and attention

I’m not exactly someone that drives slowly anyway but this idea that you can fail a driving test for driving too slow is just bizarre. Sure if you are consistently driving at a speed well below the limit on the test, it shows a lack of confidence. I get that but that isn’t what people are saying.

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is it easier to pass your driving test in Wolverhampton? 

:trollface:

Harder than anywhere else in the country

Wolverhampton named as location with UK's worst driving test pass rate

Wolverhampton has been named as the place where learner drivers are least likely to pass their test.

Express and Star

:crylaugh: 

• Haha 1

Â