Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Annual post about how **** shit fireworks are. A couple of houses within my postcode each night just get to disturb thousands of people with their bullshit. Sick to death of the **** things.

People letting fireworks off during firework week. What a shocker, how dare they!

• Like 1

Don't want this to be considered excessive but anyone that lets off a firework should be shot. Preferably using a gun with a silencer. I would ban fireworks, no ifs or buts, an outright ban. Had too many animals being sick with worry because of bellends with a rocket. 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not sure about that one Bicks, but i've always heard them going off weeks in advance and weeks after it too, it's been happening for years.

Yes I know because bellends use taxis drivers for target practice in firework season.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Idiots!

Yes but we allow idiots to buy incendiary weapons and to celebrate the defeat of a Catholic plot centuries ago

Bonfire night belongs in the same box as Orange Lodge marches but at least the marches get policed.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but we allow idiots to buy incendiary weapons

That's just the way of it and it's been happening for years unfortunately.

I'm not saying I agree with it and more should be done... like many things in this country.

But let's not hold our breath in hoping for change to come about.

There's more chance of that moron Braverman resigning by tomorrow morning.

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Annual post about how **** shit fireworks are. A couple of houses within my postcode each night just get to disturb thousands of people with their bullshit. Sick to death of the **** things.

It's Diwali you racist :lol:

I don't remember fireworks being this much of a problem 25-35 years ago. There used to be loads of places, pubs, sports clubs, and other venues, that would put on a decent show for s whole evening.

Now there's so few of these near me if you go to one you're shoulder to shoulder for 2 hours for a 10 minute show.

I hate that more people have them at home now, they go on for weeks either side of bonfire night and then again on New year's Eve. Absolute load of crotch sniffers.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

Exactly this. Organised shows are fine, we used to have them a lot in the 80s and 90s. Now though, they sell the bastard things at supermarkets to any old wankpuffin who wants to buy them. They should be just sold for proper licensed events.

Pype Hayes, huge fire, Fair and firework display. the place to be on Nov 5th.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Pype Hayes, huge fire, Fair and firework display. the place to be on Nov 5th.

Pype Hayes was epic. We used to live off Eachelhurst Road, and even if we didn't go, me and a few mates just used to stand at the end of our road and watch the fireworks. 

The embers of the bonfire used to glow for days afterwards! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pype Hayes was epic. We used to live off Eachelhurst Road, and even if we didn't go, me and a few mates just used to stand at the end of our road and watch the fireworks. 

The embers of the bonfire used to glow for days afterwards! 

There used to be a massive one on the Tamworth/ Polesworth border too. Huge bonfire, market stalls, funfair, food, drink and then fireworks of course. It was epic. 
I assume insurance and H&S killed these things off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I don't remember fireworks being this much of a problem 25-35 years ago. There used to be loads of places, pubs, sports clubs, and other venues, that would put on a decent show for s whole evening.

Now there's so few of these near me if you go to one you're shoulder to shoulder for 2 hours for a 10 minute show.

I hate that more people have them at home now, they go on for weeks either side of bonfire night and then again on New year's Eve. Absolute load of crotch sniffers.

All you could really buy for home were a box of Standard or Bendicks fireworks which were as tame as tame can be. 

What's changed is commercial power fireworks are available to buy in the home from pretty much anywhere.  Supermarket, corner shops, pop up shops.  They just weren't around back in the day. 

Certainly round me Diwali seems to have attracted far more fireworks than bonfire night did. 

• Like 1

Â