Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

What about putting butter on beans on toast? 

Yes.

I get the "a sandwich without butter isn't a sandwich" even though I'd be dipping my bread in the bacon fat for that instead.

But toast without butter? Has that ever happened? Why would anyone do that? I guess we won't find out in a hurry as they would've been sectioned.

Butter melting on beans and toast is great. As is butter on bread into any soup.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

The only ONLY time in my life I will ever eat bread without butter is if I'm tearing up bread and dipping it in Aioli. 

That is the only acceptable use for raw bread. 

Good bread with quality butter is one of lifes great pleasures and the contrast between that and long life sliced bread with margarine (yes, yes, I know it doesn't exist) could not be more stark. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Yes.

I get the "a sandwich without butter isn't a sandwich" even though I'd be dipping my bread in the bacon fat for that instead.

But toast without butter? Has that ever happened? Why would anyone do that? I guess we won't find out in a hurry as they would've been sectioned.

Butter melting on beans and toast is great. As is butter on bread into any soup.

Posh Spice eats dry toast with a bit of salt on it. It tastes worse than it sounds.

40 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Let me get this straight. If you like butter on sandwiches you're no better than Jimmy Savile and if you don't like butter on your sandwiches you are no better than Lucy Letby.😂

This is the very reasoned, nuanced and balanced level of debate you get on VT.

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The only ONLY time in my life I will ever eat bread without butter is if I'm tearing up bread and dipping it in Aioli. 

That is the only acceptable use for raw bread. 

Good bread with quality butter is one of lifes great pleasures and the contrast between that and long life sliced bread with margarine (yes, yes, I know it doesn't exist) could not be more stark. 

And for throwing at ducks 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

For the cold sandwich needs butter group, would you add butter to a tuna mayonnaise sandwich?

If I'm eating soup then I'd just dip the bread in. Any butter would limit the bread soaking up the soup. If it was French onion soup then I'd maybe melt some cheese on it.

I'd remove the tuna mayonnaise

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

This is the very reasoned, nuanced and balanced level of debate you get on VT.

Its still more rational than a matchday thread. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I suppose because any taste or lubrication of the butter is lost, or made superfluous, by the beans/bean juice. 

Not an issue for me as I dislike baked beans.

I have on occasion has beans on dry toast because I'm too lazy to go to the shop, and you don't realise how much the extra fat and flavour adds until it isn't there. Beans and toast without butter/marge is a very upsetting eating experience.

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You can tell the sort of person that doesn’t butter a sandwich, they stand up to wipe and don’t approve of female pundits.

Hold on… I never butter sandwiches, I love female pundits and I just don’t wipe.  Where do I fit into these butter wars?

• Haha 1

Â