Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm a big Pratchett fan, love his books. His best, Night Watch, got adapted for BBC Radio a few years ago, and I stumbled on it on Youtube.

It's terrible.

Night watch would make a great film if done right.

It really would. Unfortunately it'd only work as a sequel, you need to know the characters to start with to understand a lot of what makes the book good.

Which is annoying because I'm convinced they'll never do proper film adaptations of the Watch books. Be a nightmare to cast - Vimes is a great character but I really couldn't place an actor to nail that role.

Pisses me off that Pratchett probably will never get a top quality film adaptation. Sky's attempts have been... varied.

EDIT - In fairness I listened to the adaptation of Small Gods the Beeb did for radio and that worked far better.

After not playing Red Dead Redemption in nearly a year I decided I'd try to complete Undead Nightmare 100%, only to find out I already had :|

You`ll be relieved to know that they have found a cure for alzhymers.

But they have forgotten what it was.

People who comment on things they know **** all about just to appear to be smart.

Case in point: there's a story at the moment that a "british plumber" (he's not, he's been a pro poker player for years now) has won $10m in a poker tournament, and most of the comments on it are "the tax man will be waiting for his 50%" and saying he should run to a tax haven or contact Jimmy Carr.

If they knew ANYTHING about the subject they'd know that poker winnings, as they are seen as gambling, are tax free in the UK.

TheDon. As one of the cleverer posters in here, you probably know how stupid most people are. So, yeah, that really shouldn't piss you off :) It should only re-affirm what you already know to be true.

People on the roads not indicating, mainly on roundabouts. Not much gets me ruffled in life but this really pisses me off.

How hard is it to flick a switch?

thats annoying, but not as annoying as people who indicate the wrong way on a roundabout. so they're turning right on the roundabout, and then obviously turning left to get off the roundabout. so they either keep indicating right when they reach their turn-off on the left, or they indicate left 2 turn-offs too early making you think they are turning left, when in fact they are still going right for another two exits. :twisted:

Wine/beer 'connoisseurs' who talk like they're in Charlie and the bloody Chocolate Factory. Going to a site and reading 'expert' reviews is always fun too; massive amounts of contradiction all round.

Here's an example from a beer I had tonight (Stone Levitation):

'Clear amber to copper red beer, small light beige head, unstable, non adhesive. Aroma: sweet malts, caramel, touch of smoke (?), bubble gum, sugar and candy. MF: soft carbon, light to medium body. Taste: lots of citrus, some sweet malts, caramel, quite some spices, bit of mocha, some smoke again (?). Aftertaste: citrus, grassy hops, bit of mocha of coffee, little fruity. Finally a not massively overhopped Stone brew.'

So here we have the aromas/tastes of malt, caramel, smoke, bubble gum (what the f*ck...), sugar, candy, citrus, spices, mocha, grassy hops and fruit... ok.

Here's another one for the same beer:

'bottle; Nose is hazel, cedar, fridge, mediumweak sour cream, leaves, later fig, some candy, cooked vegetables, sweet coffee beans, feel is quite thin, carb is mediumlow, taste is iron, some cake, mellow, mediumroasted malt, notes of suntan/-burn (in lack of better word; not smoked bacon, at least), coffee, red grapes note, later cereal, finish is quite dry fruit and little earth note '

Sour cream (?!), fig, more candy (!), cooked vegetables (?!), coffee beans , iron, cake, suntan/burn (...), red grapes, cereal, dry fruit and earth.

Perhaps my simpleton tastebuds just don't comprehend?

Mine:

:thumb:

or

:evil:

Simples.

I'm somewhere in between. Simply good/bad is too broad - I do like to describe tastes, if only to myself. But I agree that the level of detail in that extract is ridiculous for everyday use. It may be useful for the people who actually make the stuff though.

I was talking specifically about beer :P sorry

People on the roads not indicating, mainly on roundabouts. Not much gets me ruffled in life but this really pisses me off.

How hard is it to flick a switch?

thats annoying, but not as annoying as people who indicate the wrong way on a roundabout. so they're turning right on the roundabout, and then obviously turning left to get off the roundabout. so they either keep indicating right when they reach their turn-off on the left, or they indicate left 2 turn-offs too early making you think they are turning left, when in fact they are still going right for another two exits. :twisted:

Yep, or people who indicate right before they enter the roundabout when they're actually going straight on

people that eat fruit in public

worse is on trains when they sit there peeling the bloody thing and leaving skin on the table slowly going brown , not so mention when they bite in and it sprays juice eveywhere ..oh and it stinks as well

You don't need fruit , your not a frugivore so eat wine gums or Quavers on your train journeys and leave the fruit to the chimps

The internet.

I just googled my name and was alarmed about what people can find out about you just through a very simple seach.

Simply by entering my name into google, I was able to see the following on the very first page alone:

Facebook updates and photos (even though all my privacy is ramped right up)

Twitter updates

Address

Previous address

Phone number

Amazon wishlish

Youtube videos feauturing myself

My Premier League fantasy football selection

Comments made on VillaTalk

Comments posted to a local newspaper

Subscription to local health club

None of it was particularly revealing, but I don't like this at all.

The internet.

I just googled my name and was alarmed about what people can find out about you just through a very simple seach.

Simply by entering my name into google, I was able to see the following on the very first page alone:

Twitter updates

Address

Previous address

Phone number

Amazon wishlish

Were you signed into Gmail at the time?

If you were (and especially if your gmail is where sites email you stuff), then it's not surprising. Search + Your World, and all that.

Shillzz, impossible.

Did a search with my own name just now and found **** all apart from a few links to the website of my old school.

Not to mention that your VT account isn't (shouldn't be?) linked to your real name in any way.

The internet.

Twitter updates

Address

Previous address

Phone number

Amazon wishlish

Were you signed into Gmail at the time?

If you were (and especially if your gmail is where sites email you stuff), then it's not surprising. Search + Your World, and all that.

That should explain it tbh.

Facebook updates and photos (e

I used to order DVD's ( not the Rob sort) from a bloke on the web , he went to great pains to hide his identity from everyone as his buisiness probably would have upset Mr Sony and Mr 20th C Fox etc

Lo and behold facebook recognised his email address from my hotmail and suggested I might know him , I sent him a hello and spooked the life out of him :-)

Couple of weeks later he appeared on my Linked in , he works for an ISP as it turns out :-)

Â