Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Multi multi multi millionaires on diary of a CEO podcast talking about struggling to find the balance between work and families.

As someone in a job facing more struggle, more stress and worrying about being a present and alert father it just riles me.

In fact the CEO podcast just riles me and I'm sure I've mentioned it before.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Multi multi multi millionaires on diary of a CEO podcast talking about struggling to find the balance between work and families.

As someone in a job facing more struggle, more stress and worrying about being a present and alert father it just riles me.

Why listen to it then ?

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In fairness, whatever job you do, and however much money you make, striking that balance can be very hard. If you’re massively invested in something and struggle to delegate, you can easily get into this situation and it’s not as easy as just chucking money at the problem or reducing your working hours at the click of a finger.

Might be easier to relate to if you think of a typical football manager. They usually either have a very patient wife and family, or they make time for family by being a lazy manager (Bruce), or they are extremely divorced (Wenger, Emery). Would you begrudge them making this complaint?

Just had a speeding fine through for doing 35 in a 30 zone. The thing is, the road it's on, is right near my house and it's nearly impossible to do over 30 because of how many turnings there are, 2 sets of red lights & a roundabout. So I'm a bit perplexed into how I was going 35 🙄

That's pissed me off. 

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Just had a speeding fine through for doing 35 in a 30 zone. The thing is, the road it's on, is right near my house and it's nearly impossible to do over 30 because of how many turnings there are, 2 sets of red lights & a roundabout. So I'm a bit perplexed into how I was going 35 🙄

That's pissed me off. 

Can you ask for the evidence or does the mere providing of proof double the fine?

Also, I take it you don't have a 10% + 2 leeway over there then.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Can you ask for the evidence or does the mere providing of proof double the fine?

Also, I take it you don't have a 10% + 2 leeway over there then.

I had an email from the RAC a month or two ago that suggested that the old bill had changed their stance on the leeway just recently and anything over was getting a fine. Those Christmas Parties don't pay for themselves.

I could do. Often they have a speed camera van on the roundabout, so no way was it there I'd have been caught. 

Is says 'manned mobile unit' or something. 

Without it dragging on for ages, I'm just going to have to do the speed awareness course. I did one years ago, basically pay £95 to sit there and be lectured by some ex-petrol head who owned a cosworth for most the day. 

Just now, choffer said:

I had an email from the RAC a month or two ago that suggested that the old bill had changed their stance on the leeway just recently and anything over was getting a fine. Those Christmas Parties don't pay for themselves.

Yeah I think once Heineken announced an increase in the price of a pint across all their brands, that affects the Christmas party costs and I'm afraid that increase has to be passed down to the motorist. It's only fair.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Eh yes, that's why I asked :)

It was alway interpreted here that 35 was over the leeway because the speed would most likely be 35.01 or above

The Stupid thing here is also that the Speed Awareness Course is cheaper than the fine

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It was alway interpreted here that 35 was over the leeway because the speed would invariably be 35.01 etc

Then by definition the leeway was never 10%+2 because if that's how you interpret 35mph then the leeway was 10%+1

Which it isn't over here. 35 is 35 until it's 36. No rounding or shite like that.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Then by definition the leeway was never 10%+2 because if that's how you interpret 35mph then the leeway was 10%+1

Which it isn't over here. 35 is 35 until it's 36. No rounding or shite like that.

They do so little enforcement these days it hardly matters tbh. I'm convinced 99% of the fixed position speed cameras are turned off. I haven't seen one flash for years, the only ones that seem to work are the Speed on Green ones at traffic lights but they haven't got many of those. Even the mobile unit ones are few and far between and they are still in fixed positions.

I haven't had any points for years, strangely since my last get bored by a factually incorrect motorcycle instructor for half a day's scam money and that was a good five years ago now, before that I was on 9 points for nearly three years. The speed awareness course did not change my behaviour one bit

• Like 2

What's pissed me off the most is I'm really careful because it's was in my work van. 

I have a clean license, considering the miles I do and being field based for about 12 years now, that's taking some doing. 

Luckily my work are paying us a £150 cost of living bonus for Oct, Nov & Dec so this month's will pay off the feds. 

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

They do so little enforcement these days it hardly matters tbh. I'm convinced 99% of the fixed position speed cameras are turned off. I haven't seen one flash for years, the only ones that seem to work are the Speed on Green ones at traffic lights but they haven't got many of those. Even the mobile unit ones are few and far between and they are still in fixed positions.

I haven't had any points for years, strangely since my last get bored by a factually incorrect motorcycle instructor for half a day's scam money and that was a good five years ago now, before that I was on 9 points for nearly three years. The speed awareness course did not change my behaviour one bit

Last time I did a speed awareness course, the instructor tried to tell me, that if we left the building and I drove at 90 & he did 70, we'd reach the destination at the same time 🤯 

He also asked why I'd go above 70 on the motorway. I said because in the 3rd lane, I feel safer going faster - I'm away from the lorrys, the caravans, the people who don't often use the motorway. He didn't have a comeback for it. 

My work van at my current job is limited to 73. I've had far more close calls since June when I started, mainly through people just thinking they can pull out the 1st lane or belting down a junction slip way, than I did in my last job where I had an unrestricted van and would do about 80-85 on the motorway. 

In built up areas, I try to abide to the speed limit, this is my 1st ticket in about 6 years. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

Â