Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

19 minutes ago, limpid said:

She should read up on the original in his book first. Horrible, horrible character.

Go for the son's name, Ham.

Oh, actually...

According to Abba Arika, Ham castrated Noah on the basis that, since Noah cursed Ham by his fourth son Canaan, Ham must have injured Noah with respect to a fourth son. Emasculating him thus deprived Noah of the possibility of a fourth son.

According to Samuel, Ham sodomized Noah...

... maybe not.

The Bible refers to Egypt as "the land of Ham" in Psalm 78:51

Wiki

It's actually not the land of ham at all.

It's the land of beef bacon.

On 20/01/2022 at 10:55, Genie said:

I sent my old phone to one of the phone recycling companies (like music magpie etc). It’s in excellent condition, no dents, scratches, cracked glass or anything like that. I was initially offered £180 to send it them.

They just came back to me to say they’ve checked it over and deemed it to be Grade C and will offer me a revised £105.

I had 2 options, accept it or reject/return it.

I click reject and get the message they will take another look and then come back to me.

I will insist on having it sent back it they try and offer me a penny under what they offered. 

Absolute crooks (avoid uberlink.co.uk)

On 21/01/2022 at 10:01, Genie said:

They offered an improved £121 but I told them to stuff it and send me the handset back 

I got my phone back and sent it to webuyanyphone.com, they offered the same £180 but also had a promo code for an extra £5.

Sent the phone, they checked it and quickly approved it at full price. Money (£185) in the bank 48 hours later. 

Looking at the reviews of uberlink many complaints about lowballing them once they sent the phone, and sadly many people reveal they accept the offers as it was just easier. 

I bought a cheap 10"tablet,just to store/show my pictures.After switching it on it updates itself and updates itself just about every time I turn it on.I have no option to switch the updates off.

FFS,why do I need updates just to see my pictures on the screen ?!IMHO the tablet could update itself 20 times in the next month and will that make the sligest difference to how the pictures look ? I dont think so.

I would have that THE most important option would be "switch updates on/off"  

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I bought a cheap 10"tablet,just to store/show my pictures.After switching it on it updates itself and updates itself just about every time I turn it on.I have no option to switch the updates off.

FFS,why do I need updates just to see my pictures on the screen ?!IMHO the tablet could update itself 20 times in the next month and will that make the sligest difference to how the pictures look ? I dont think so.

I would have that THE most important option would be "switch updates on/off"  

Is it running on Android? I thought you’d be able to disable that. 
You could possibly turn off wifi if you only want to use it to look at photos.

On 31/01/2022 at 06:13, Seat68 said:

My grandson has a few Jackson's in his school and a Jaxson in his class. Parents who name their child Jaxson should be reported. 

I believe I know of this school, my brothers lad goes to a school with a number of Jackson’s as well as jaxson I’m guessing it has to be the same place, surely. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hamburglar said:

I believe I know of this school, my brothers lad goes to a school with a number of Jackson’s as well as jaxson I’m guessing it has to be the same place, surely. 

Broadly let's say Cannock. 

On 31/01/2022 at 08:18, villa4europe said:

yeah and me but with her being german she doesnt see it

My kids mom is Deutsch also and we went with traditional names pronounced the same in English or German which narrowed it down a bit. I suggested the spelling would be based on the scrabble score so one is spelt the German way 

4 minutes ago, Hamburglar said:

My kids mom is Deutsch also and we went with traditional names pronounced the same in English or German which narrowed it down a bit. I suggested the spelling would be based on the scrabble score so one is spelt the German way 

We recently told my parents in law that we were thinking of calling our boy ethan, they literally could not say it 😂

Started at "etan" and went downhill from there 

Its surprising how many are pronounced differently 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Is it running on Android? I thought you’d be able to disable that. 

Depends on the manufacturer. Different manufacturers have different settings and allow access to different settings.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We recently told my parents in law that we were thinking of calling our boy ethan, they literally could not say it 😂

Unsurprisingly, we’ve given our kids spectacularly Welsh names, like full on hardcore Welsh names.

It’s been worth it to watch people seeing them written down and then have a go at saying them.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Unsurprisingly, we’ve given our kids spectacularly Welsh names, like full on hardcore Welsh names.

It’s been worth it to watch people seeing them written down and then have a go at saying them.

How are little LLywynllywwwwy and Gryff doing?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That would be Ivan for them 😉

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Which reminds me. My daughters' school year groups included at least three "Aaron"s. Now When I Wor A Lad, that name was pronounced "Air-an". But now it seems to have become "Arran". 

Modern life is rubbish.  

Edited by mjmooney

2 hours ago, Hamburglar said:

Is it Jackson High? 

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Which reminds me. My daughters' school year groups included at least three "Aaron"s. Now When I Wor A Lad, that name was pronounced "Air-an". But now it seems to have become "Arran". 

Modern life is rubbish.  

Come on we all know its a a ron

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We recently told my parents in law that we were thinking of calling our boy ethan

A fitting tribute to true Villa legend Ethan Moore👍

Â