Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, choffer said:

Had exactly the same experience this morning. Then to make it worse, having thought I'd lucked in to two seats to myself, some old boy who looked like he'd not washed in months and stank to high heaven got on last and claimed the seat next to me. As if that weren't bad enough, he then started the whole elbow game. At the end of the flight, he shouted at me to move out of the way so he could get his back out of the overhead. I had literally nowhere to go and upon politely explaining that to him, was subjected to a barrage of abuse. I hate early morning flights. 

I feel your pain. The modicum of joy there was in traveling disappeared years ago. It's such a chore. Living in a yurt and never leaving is very appealing.

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

British people's forelock-tugging deference towards the royal family.  It seems to be even worse at the moment, since we voted to leave behind the unelected elite in Brussels.

Look at this pair of dangers outside a hospital today.

DbduAkiXcAEWHGJ.jpg

Royal birth factory drops another tax dodger off the production line

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I normally just do a quick shop after work but I had to venture to the supermarket on Sunday and you really do see all sorts.

Its probably the one place where everyone has to go and you really do get to see some of the dregs of society, there really are some very weird people about.

Sunday morning as soon as it opens is bearable 

I once had to collect something for my Mom at the Asda in Minworth on a Saturday afternoon. Never again. The people in there wouldn't be allowed into the Mos Eisley Cantina. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm on a plane waiting for the doors to be shut and the bloke behind is talking on the phone full volume.

Its 5:30am FFS. Do you really have to explain every **** detail of your trip at this very moment.

I hope he was dragged off 'Delta style'! 

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I feel your pain. The modicum of joy there was in traveling disappeared years ago. It's such a chore. Living in a yurt and never leaving is very appealing.

Agreed. Unfortunately cheap travel has opened it up to the dregs of society. 

Seriously considering business class for future flights (as long as its not extortionate) 

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Never, NEVER, google 'hat cream squirt gif' when sat in the middle of an open plan office.

Yep, there's some messy stuff out there.

Spoiler

Image result for laurel and hardy gif

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Royal birth factory drops another tax dodger off the production line

Aston Villa supporting tax dodger

i don't mind them, increasingly irrelevant and I think quiet, there are far worse cretins in place who are unfortunately revelevant and equally irrelevant people that are unavoidably forced down your throat

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i don't mind them, increasingly irrelevant and I think quiet, there are far worse cretins in place who are unfortunately revelevant and equally irrelevant people that are unavoidably forced down your throat

The 'Royal Family' is a completely hideous concept IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I’m not arsed about their relevance, I’m arsed about what they represent and the distraction they provide

and I couldn’t give a shit what team they support

A director from work just texted me and asked me to call some other bloke from work to sort out some issue before tomorrow morning.
This is despite us having 2 weeks to sort the issue and me asking the director every other day what he wanted me to do about it and getting no answer.

How do you tell a senior member of staff to **** off without getting sacked? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Agreed. Unfortunately cheap travel has opened it up to the dregs of society. 

Seriously considering business class for future flights (as long as its not extortionate)

Don’t wish to spoil your day but ....

saying that you get even worse clearings in the woods in business , the look at me , the company will collapse whilst I’m on this flight if I don’t bark some orders down the phone as we taxi ... then you get the women who fly on their husbands membership status and start shouting my husband flies your airline a lot for work and I’ll make sure he never flies with your airline again because you forgot the ice in my G and T...

Air travel seems to bring the worst out of people no matter what seat you put them in 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’m not arsed about their relevance, I’m arsed about what they represent and the distraction they provide

and I could give a shit what team they support

You could, or you couldn't?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Don’t wish to spoil your day but ....

saying that you get even worse clearings in the woods in business , the look at me , the company will collapse whilst I’m on this flight if I don’t bark some orders down the phone as we taxi ... then you get the women who fly on their husbands membership status and start shouting my husband flies your airline a lot for work and I’ll make sure he never flies with your airline again because you forgot the ice in my G and T...

Air travel seems to bring the worst out of people no matter what seat you put them in 

I genuinely find sha fans are the worst people on a plane

It's the same scenario as the supermarket moan discussed earlier. Economy v business, Asda v Waitrose - you are simply exchanging one type of clearing in the woods for another. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

A director from work just texted me and asked me to call some other bloke from work to sort out some issue before tomorrow morning.
This is despite us having 2 weeks to sort the issue and me asking the director every other day what he wanted me to do about it and getting no answer.

How do you tell a senior member of staff to **** off without getting sacked? Asking for a friend.

Ignore it.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I did :thumb:

Something similar in nature happened to me a while back and I ignored it. When asked the next day I blankly looked at him and said "I don't use my phone in the evening". Never got a message from him after hours from that point on.

• Like 1

Â