Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

A bit out of left field, but has anyone tried horse meat?
Not knowingly. But I'd be quite happy to eat it.

Don't see what all the fuss is - a horse is a large herbivorous quadruped, same as a cow. Yet people who eat beef get squeamish about eating horse. Illogical, captain.

Same here Mike, i would happily tuck into a bit of horse meat. As you say they are animals, nothing more nothing less.

I imagine it to be very much like steak.

A bit out of left field, but has anyone tried horse meat?
Not knowingly. But I'd be quite happy to eat it.

Don't see what all the fuss is - a horse is a large herbivorous quadruped, same as a cow. Yet people who eat beef get squeamish about eating horse. Illogical, captain.

Eaten horse - meh. A bit bland tbh beef is better.

would NOT be picking that up barehanded.

Yet you would pick your horses shite up bare handed?

Daily. Like I said, its just re-fried grass - if you squash it, it even looks like grass cuttings. Really nothing to be squeamish over.

Well surely they're one of the same.

Sorry to use you as an example AVFC_Hitz, but this annoys the hell out of me.

It's constantly said at my work.

It should be "one and the same".

Duly noted and I stand corrected.

Nowt wrong wit' bit of Education. :)

I fully agree! I educated myself a couple of years ago by going onto google and searching for 'one and the same, one in the same?' to make sure that I wasn't getting annoyed about something I was getting wrong :lol:

I actually found this book which, as sad as I am, I'd love to read..

Common Errors in English Usage

The fact that I don't get this ongoing Ethan Moore joke.

Aww great, now everyone will explain it from scratch and it'll start being used regularly again.

The fact that I don't get this ongoing Ethan Moore joke.

Aww great, now everyone will explain it from scratch and it'll start being used regularly again.

Sorry. :oops:

Did anybody ever mention Rory Delap? Because he can do these really amazing throw-ins.

Well surely they're one of the same.

Sorry to use you as an example AVFC_Hitz, but this annoys the hell out of me.

It's constantly said at my work.

It should be "one and the same".

Duly noted and I stand corrected.

Nowt wrong wit' bit of Education. :)

I fully agree! I educated myself a couple of years ago by going onto google and searching for 'one and the same, one in the same?' to make sure that I wasn't getting annoyed about something I was getting wrong :lol:

I actually found this book which, as sad as I am, I'd love to read..

Common Errors in English Usage

Language isn't set in stone, it's in constant flux, evolving. If enough people follow an error it eventually becomes accepted as part of standard lexicon.

Language isn't set in stone, it's in constant flux, evolving. If enough people follow an error it eventually becomes accepted as part of standard lexicon.

True, but there's no harm in trying to educate them and point out the error of their ways before they manage to 'achieve' that!

so thats means eventually the grammar nazis will be in the wrong! :lol:

Â